PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopes and Fears for 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Eyes

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hopes and fears for 2012!

Are there any particular hopes and fears you have for the new season? Of course we want the Pats to win and the NY teams to collapse into nothing, that’s always the case but what specifics are on your mind?

- I’m worried that TFB will be knocked around like a pinata with our O-line.
- I’m especially excited to see what Lloyd/Salas can add to the passing game.
- I’m also optimistic at our hopefully improved running game, same with a hopefully much improved defense (Chandler Jones is approacing binkie status)
- I really want to see Eli Manning fail, I don’t think he’s a HoF QB and at this moment he’s thought of as one, with a good dose more fail that case will be weakened.
- I actually want Payton Manning to have a very good season, it’d be cool to see him bhounce back from his injuries and mold a new team, also, any records of Farve’s he can break would be a plus.
- I want JPP, or anyone for that matter, to break Strahan’s sack record, which was given rather than earned.
- I’m hoping for epic fail from both Sanchez and Tebow, I’d even be ok with a stronger Jets team under McElroy if it meant the others couldn’t start.

What about you guys?

FEARS - Major injuries,especially to key players

If Brady is gone,so are the Pats season....If Mayo or Spikes is gone our LB corps is screwed ....If more than one starting corner or safety gets injured for a long time there goes the secondary which is already weak.

The playoffs first and then the Super Bowl title is all there is to be said about HOPES,its just not good enough to get there anymore,you got to win it - no one talks about the SB loser.

Hopes--the chronic injury situations of Spikes and Vollmer will be managed and both will be able to participate in the playoffs.

Fears--Watching Marcus Cannon and Mike Rivera in January.

My biggest fear is Brady blowing out his knee again. Since 2008 I cringe every time he gets hit.

I hope Brady stays healthy. A healthy Brady = the Patriots in contention for a Super Bowl. And that's all we can ask.

Fear- O line and secondary

Hopes...getting back to the SB. Chandler Jones to become one of the bests in his first year

Last edited:
Hopes - a better defense, a WR to step up into the #3 role, and a legitimate starting RB

Fears - one injury to an offensive tackle or linebacker and we're screwed; I'm also afraid that Lloyd will bust like Ocho did

My fear is the OL struggles and Brady can't be Brady.

My hope is Jones, Cunningham and Brace all excel and add to Wilfork to become a dominating front 4.

My only "fear" are injuries. But over the years I've come to deal with them a lot better. They are a fact of life and an inevitability. Its not bad luck when they happen, only good luck when they don't.

The Pats have had to overcome serious injuries to key players every year, from Brady to Carter......and they always seem to manage. So lately I have come to "fear" injuries less, and take pride in how we overcome them. Not having to resort to using them as an excuse. In that I try to emulate my HC (though I'm not nearly as good at it as he is).

The thing I am looking forward to the most is how this defense will look. I want to see how having a full secondary will effect their play, and how the front seven will rush the passer. If the preseason is any indication, it should be pretty exciting when BB opens the playbook for them.

My only "fear" are injuries. But over the years I've come to deal with them a lot better. They are a fact of life and an inevitability. Its not bad luck when they happen, only good luck when they don't.

Every year someone pretty major to the team will be out for an extended period. Next man up

In the past after an extended playoff season, always seemed as though that we have more than our share of injuries.. never really mapped it out.

That is my worry.. that the bodies did not have enough time to heal, and shyt can happen.

Hope: love continues to be a force on the dline, pair that with big Vince and my little sister has a food chance of producing a pass rush with all the attention being demanded by the middle. Solder steps up and Seabass stays healthy.

Fears: love turns out to be a preseason hero, and seabass can't stay healthy. In an epic catastrophe, Vince, Jones and mayo meet at the quarterback with such force they all go down for the season.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hopes!
1. BB brings back either one or both of Gaffney and Branch.

2. Good health for our offensive tackles especially, but the team in general.

3. The pass defense turns around and we're able to further improve the pass rush over last season (which was an improvement over 2010).

4. Wilfork maintains his core strength after the weight loss.

5. The Jets take an early season nosedive and never recover.

6. We win the division.

7. We go undefeated in the playoffs.

8. We win the Super Bowl.

Fears!
1. Solder can't hold up as LT.

2. Brady gets constantly smacked around in the backfield.

3. Our running game turns out to not be very good.

4. Lloyd gets hurt and we don't have another outside the numbers thread at receiver.

5. The pass defense does not improve.

6. INJURIES.

I fear getting flexed to Sunday night. Makes for a long and tired Monday.

Hope - that we win the Superbowl after an awesome year where we go 12-4 or better!

Fears - that we will fall short like last year
that we'll win and Brady will retire, figuring he's done it all
that we'll stink and we won't even make the playoffs (irrational, but you never know)
that we'll get to the Superbowl and the !@#$%$#@! Giants will get there too
that we'll suffer some injuries and fade at the end of the year

Pretty much the same hopes and fears for about 12 years running now.

Hope:

A more balanced offense that can move the chains via the run when it counts (3rd & short situations).

Fear:

Major injuries (possibly) derailing this much anticipated season. I pray that TFB is kept upright and unharmed the entire year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back