PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hope the Pats start Hydrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Pats Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pats should start increasing their fluid intake to ensure they are properly hydrated for the SB. The weather in Arizona could be 40-50 degrees warmer than what they have played in the last month, Muscle cramps could be a problem. Willie Mac used to be the Hydration King of the Pats I think the crown has been passed to Rodney.

Pats should start increasing their fluid intake to ensure they are properly hydrated for the SB. The weather in Arizona could be 40-50 degrees warmer than what they have played in the last month, Muscle cramps could be a problem. Willie Mac used to be the Hydration King of the Pats I think the crown has been passed to Rodney.
good post. i think they should be on top of that, heck even from going to drastically cold to warm can get a guy a little sick, and flu like symptoms seem to be rampant in the NFL this time of year as is. this will be a much needed 2 week layoff from actual game-time.

Anyone know when they will travel?

Mon- tuesday of next week?

Somehow, after watching SB 39, I don't think that point's going to be lost on the Pats. :)

Somehow, after watching SB 39, I don't think that point's going to be lost on the Pats. :)

Probably right, but it's hard to keep properly hydrated when it's cold and you're not thirsty. Witness the DB for GB last night. -4 and he was cramping.

I'd have to say the Pats have better depth now versus that last Superbowl.

The secondary has Gay, Merriweather, and the lost man Wilson.

Keeping the front 7 will be crucial in stopping the run, but I think the offense will help them by having long drives.

Is it air conditioned in the Dome?

I'm pretty sure that the training staff is aware of the situation. They've been through this before. I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the training staff is aware of the situation. They've been through this before. I wouldn't worry too much.

Just in case, maybe we should write them a letter. :cool:

It should be 70 degrees and played indoors, I imagine.

The weather here right now is cold for Arizona -- 30 in the mornings and 60 to 65 in the day.

You'd have thought the same thing about the Eagles but their players were cramping up badly in SB39.

Probably right, but it's hard to keep properly hydrated when it's cold and you're not thirsty. Witness the DB for GB last night. -4 and he was cramping.

That's true. Severe cold can dehydrate you pretty bad if you are very physically active, and it sneaks up on you because you're not sweating as much. Ultra cold air is dry as a bone, and water evaporates out of your breath and skin like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes