Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hooked On Far Cry

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 16, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Love this game...beat it on medium and now I am halfway through on realistic(hardest).
    [​IMG]

The buggy and Hummer are hard to drive...the only negative I have. I operate them in 3rd person view...then switch to 1st person to kill. I especially love grabbing a Hummer or Gunboat and then softening where I am going next. Knocking out snipers and pockets of soldiers I find with my goggles.

I am always a bit behind on the new games...i believe this one is a year or so old. Ghost Recon awaits me.
    I finally tired of all the Tour Of Duties.

Anyone here play Brothers in Arms?

So...you expert gamers...which one do I want next?
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

My favorite so called First Person Shooter remains Syphon Filter. I love how each level is a challenge with a mission. Instead of just shooting your way through like Doom et al. I finished all the Tomb Raiders back in the day on my PlayStation 1. And I did the first 2 Syphon Filters on same. I always play games at their hardest level. I like the maximum challenge. But, I have to say Ghost Recon which I have been playing off and on for years now (on my Mac) has been challenging. Mostly because the AI of your troops isn't that good and too often they just sit there.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  3. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still addicted to the Half Life series and on-line variants and Halo, both for PC. Must try Far Cry. Paul
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Makes two of us. Pt 2 Ep1 was longer than I expected. Episode 2 looks even better. I look forward to the small striders, well to killing them that is.
  5. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

For FPS ... I still love Alien vs Predator (1 and 2). Dark, moody scenes. Playing as a Colonial Marine takes patience (remember thou art but mortal).

Great game.
  6. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't mind FPS games but my reactions are slow and I tend to get disorientated playing them. OK, I'm crap at them! :eek:
    I enjoyed Delta Force though. I wonder how long my 1.8 Ghz machine will cope with the newer games....