PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly, who's better: Pats or Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Disregarding the fact that you are a patriots fan, honestly who do you think is a better team?

I'm going to say the Colts, just because it will make me feel better whether we win or lose against them. :)

I don't know. NE looks better on paper but Indy is the defending champ and doesn't seem to lose (a description we glowingly used for past NE champions). I honestly don't see any reasonable way to judge them against each other until they play.

I can't wait to find out.

The Patriots. Defense matters.

Disregarding the fact that you are a patriots fan, honestly who do you think is a better team?

I really think if these two teams played 10 teams it would go maybe 6-4 (either way) or 5-5. Home field is going to be a big deal between these teams. I know they have come into Gillette and won the last two, but I really feel this team is so much more prepared now than the two times we played the Colts. I used to love watching Peyton go against the Pats D, but now I really can't wait to see Brady against the much faster, more tough (than last year) D of the Colts.

It really is going to be a fantastic game come November.

I know this is taboo but: I still worry about the way our secondary couldn't keep up in the AFCCG last year. Also Moss>Harrison IMO but Manning has that much more experience with all of his receivers and Stallworth is just now getting on the same page as Brady. If it's a shootout then I think it's a wash until one of the defenses makes a few stops, and I still think the Pats have an edge there.

Pats>Colts

Last edited:
Who ever wins in January is better. Both teams are very good, it comes down to who can make enough plays to win in the playoffs.

Flip a coin.

I think the pats are better. They're more balanced w/ talent than the colts. The colts basically just depend on a couple key players (Harrison,Manning,Wayne,Addai,Sanders,) Sanders basically fuels their entire defense

Patriots have a higher rated offense...
a higher rated defense...
a higher rated special teams...
... a higher rated coaching staff... no competition?

the 4th November game will probaby reply correctly; still i am convinced the Pats are a little bit better then the Colts this year

I think the Patriots get a very slight edge here, but that's only because I'm still not a believer in postseason payton manning. If the Pats weren't playing their JV squad at LB in the second half, the big story would have been another Peyton Manning choke.

I think we're talking 49ers/Boys here. It's close, could go either way. It's exciting, is what it is.

Pats. What's impressive is that despite the hot start, the Pats will get even better relative to the competition as the year progresses. Most teams will wear down, but the Pats will stay strong in November and December thanks to their superior conditioning. The coaching staff will have even more film to break down opponents later in the year. The coaching staff will have film on their likely January opponents (e.g. Indy, Pittsburgh) since they play them during the season. This is why the Pats looked mediocre vs. Indy during the season, but jumped out to a 21-3 lead in January and only a ton of injuries and the flu kept them from holding on in the 2nd half. Factor in the Pats are so much better talent-wise than last January and I don't see how the Colts can truly be considered better at this point.

Regards,
Chris

Patriots. But which team is better on paper doesn't matter, we learn that every winter. Of course, the Patriots over this decade have probably been the best team at showing up and executing, so I give them the edge on paper and on the field.

Last edited:
Considering how NE had its way with Indy, in Indy, for the 30 minutes of the AFCCG that both teams were comparably healthy, and considering how many improvements NE has made since last year, I think barring unforeseen injury, plague, or other unnatural disaster the answer is pretty damned obvious.

The teams are even except on defense. Even without Harrison and Seymour the Pats rate the edge. With Seymour and Harrison in November? You tell me.

I don't think anyone will know the answer to this question until Nov. 4th. We look better on paper, but I've seen the Colts a few times on TV this year, and once again, their O looks unstoppable. Peytie Pie seems to have elevated his game the last couple of years and has gotten rid of his occassional happy-feet-inaccurate-throw games. I would love for us to win on Nov. 4th, but I'm not sure we will. I'm concerned our D won't be able to keep up, just like last time.

Can't wait for this week's game to see how our secondary does against Dallas's pretty talented receiving corps. If we do well there, I will feel more confident about Nov. 4th.

If I was doing the power rankings, I'd vote the Colts number 1 right now. Much as we don't like it, they are the undefeated defending champs. That's all you have to know at the moment. If the situation was reversed, we'd be indignant if we weren't in the top spot. Things will change though.

Come November, my guess is it will be the Pats. The Colts have great team chemistry and are scrappy, but I don't think towards the end of this season there will be any way to question it. Pats will continue as they are doing - a juggernaut destined to meet the Cowboys in the big game.

Colts, until the Patriots beat them. I know the Pats have a new-look team, but the Colts have taken the past three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back