PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly, this should be a GREAT game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the chop blocks are concerned, I don't like them but then again, why isn't anyone calling them? I'm just asking. It seams everyone thinks Denver's O-line is so dirty yet I can't remember the last time they've been called for an illegal chop block. If players are truely getting hurt by it, than I would be all for a rule revision that would make it all but impossible to get away with. That being said, I hope this Saturday is an injury free game and that the winner goes on to the big show. It should be a very close game in which Denver will need every one of it's 75,000 screaming fans. No mistakes. That's the key. The Patriots will exploit a mistake in a heartbeat. I don't mean to sound pesimistic about my team, because I truly think they are a much better team than last year but the patriots represent a giant hurdle and I would just about bet that Indy is praying that we beat you. Oops. Did I just look past the Steelers? Sorry Steeler fans. Good luck in your game as well.

rockhopper said:
As far as the chop blocks are concerned, I don't like them but then again, why isn't anyone calling them? I'm just asking. It seams everyone thinks Denver's O-line is so dirty yet I can't remember the last time they've been called for an illegal chop block. If players are truely getting hurt by it, than I would be all for a rule revision that would make it all but impossible to get away with.

The rule, as written, is a very fine line between legal and illegal, and referees seem loath to call borderline penalties. Paul Zimmerman's been on a "no cut-blocking unless head-up" crusade for a decade now, but the league doesn't want to hear it. I think it would make a lot of sense, and it would take out the gray area between blocks from the side and blocks from the back.

My take on the game? I think the Broncos have proven to be the best team in the NFL so far this season. I also think they have proven that they can be exploited. This will (hopefully) be a great game, although I won't complain if the Patriots score early and often. It will be an interesting game in the Heat household, as He married a Broncos diehard. However, she lost a bit of enthusiasm when Elway retired, then a lot more when they dumped Greise for Plummer. If I were a betting man, I'd take Denver. Maybe 24-20. But I can see the Patriots winning by a similar score. What I do know for sure is that you can throw recent history between these two teams down the garbage chute, because it's irrelevant to what happens Saturday night.

Bronco Freak said:
The Patriots are SO OVERRATED. Tatum - don't fear this club, they are not the team of yesteryear. They don't have the dominating safety to save them in the playoffs anymore. Their anemic running game is garbage.

And there is no way they are going to stop our running game, which will set up the big plays through play action.

2 weeks off. Better team. Home Field. Better coach head to head and overall
28919415221.gif
(overall is debatable).

Put a fork in the Pats, not the Colts.

You'll find out, soon enough....sounds like whistling past the graveyard to me! :)

Patriotic Fervor said:
You'll find out, soon enough....sounds like whistling past the graveyard to me! :)
28919415221.gif
28919415221.gif

Not so much, I am so confident, can you feel it!!!

We are gonna shut DOWN that Patriot offense.

On a serious note, Brady is seriously gonna have to throw the ball over 40 times this Sunday, there are gonna be some HUGE hits on your WRs. I hope thier wives are well prepared. Hide the kids!!!!!!!!

28919415221.gif

ITS GONNA BE A ROMPERSTOMP!!! AT HOME, 2 WEEKS OFF!!!

ITS ALL OVER PATS FANS!!!!!

BRONCOS RULE!!!!!

Bronco Freak said:
Not so much, I am so confident, can you feel it!!!

No, not really. The only vibe you're (notice that grammar!) giving off is of someone who's (grammar, again!) abusing illicit drugs.

Gawd, are you pathetic!

We understand you're (!) excited because your (!) boys are in the playoffs. But the overriding difference between your (!) boys and ours is that, with you, you're (!) content to be in the playoffs.

We're merely content to win Super Bowls!

But all in all, yours (!) are not bad posts for a 9 year old.

Hope to see on this board Saturday night, provided your (!) Mom lets you stay up that late!

:)

Who cares about grammar here? Are you getting paid for this, well, I am but that's different. lol

28919415221.gif

We are gonna be laying out Patriots all night long.

28919415221.gif

On a serious note, Darrent Williams probably won't play much Saturday.

His fetish with posting videos and posts in all caps shows that he isn't even old enough to understand what an illicit drug is.

BRONCOS RULE DUDE!!! BRONCOS RULE!!!!

It's like listening to a coversation in an elementary school cafeteria.

Joker said:
Plummer sucks excuses?? Why would WE say that? We're HOPING he sucks...that's not an excuse

We don't think your D line is cheap...we think your O line is a cheap shot cut blocking unit, as does the rest of the 31 teams in the league
Atlanta doesnt since they use the same system so your post is inaccurate only 30 teams hate us. :)

Bronco Freak said:
On a serious note, Brady is seriously gonna have to throw the ball over 40 times this Sunday, there are gonna be some HUGE hits on your WRs. I hope thier wives are well prepared. Hide the kids!!!!!!!!

While you're being serious, what makes you think your run D is that good? Giving up 4.0 ypc is nothing to be proud of. The only reason Denver has the least number of run attempts against them is because teams have been playing from behind. That won't be the case this time around as the Pats will score early and often. Expect to see plenty of running plays out of 3 WR sets.

Patriotic Fervor said:
No, not really. The only vibe you're (notice that grammar!) giving off is of someone who's (grammar, again!) abusing illicit drugs.

Gawd, are you pathetic!

We understand you're (!) excited because your (!) boys are in the playoffs. But the overriding difference between your (!) boys and ours is that, with you, you're (!) content to be in the playoffs.

We're merely content to win Super Bowls!

But all in all, yours (!) are not bad posts for a 9 year old.

Hope to see on this board Saturday night, provided your (!) Mom lets you stay up that late!

:)
So your main concern is grammar and not that you will have to beat a team that has owned you over the years away from home. :confused:

Looking forward to a good game. Denver will be tough at home, no doubt about it. The keys from this Pats fans perspective are these:

1-Obviously stop the running game. Actually I don't know if stop is the correct term. More like slow the running game.

2-Do not get down early. Try to keep the crowd out of it as long as possible.

3-Do not allow any big gains by Tatum Bell/Mike Anderson. I do see the Broncos having at least one big play in the passing game. But they cannot give up huge chunks of yards on the ground.

4-Make Jake Plummer beat you.

Lol, this was a good thread (for once) but it's quickly deteriorating...

I actually agree with the original post: though you never hear it from most Bronco fans, home field is the best advantage they have and could very well decide the game.

Elway 4 Life, you're cool. I really wish you had been around when I argued with Bronco Freak last night, in retrospect I'd kind of like that hour back... though it did get me pumped about the game. :)

CheerforTom said:
Lol, this was a good thread (for once) but it's quickly deteriorating...

I actually agree with the original post: though you never hear it from most Bronco fans, home field is the best advantage they have and could very well decide the game.

Elway 4 Life, you're cool. I really wish you had been around when I argued with Bronco Freak last night, in retrospect I'd kind of like that hour back... though it did get me pumped about the game. :)

I think it will be a good game, I just dont see us losing at home.

Elway 4 Life said:
I think it will be a good game, I just dont see us losing at home.

Richard Seymour actually agreed with you in the Globe (recently? today? I'm too lazy to find the link). Not that NE's going to lose (obviously), but that people need to remember you guys are undefeated at home and NE is probably the underdog.

CheerforTom said:
Richard Seymour actually agreed with you in the Globe (recently? today? I'm too lazy to find the link). Not that NE's going to lose (obviously), but that people need to remember you guys are undefeated at home and NE is probably the underdog.
And the fact that we havent hosted a playoff game since the superbowl years. Our fans will act accordingly. It will be one loud sum beach.

Hey Bronco Freak...care to leave us your email address or a way to contact you after the game this Saturday? This board gets littered with chest-thumping trolls like you who say "win or lose I will be here after the game, but we won't lose" - but they never seem to come back to take their medicine when they do in-fact lose.

Step up Francis!

DetroitPATSdiehard said:
Hey Bronco Freak...care to leave us your email address or a way to contact you after the game this Saturday? This board gets littered with chest-thumping trolls like you who say "win or lose I will be here after the game, but we won't lose" - but they never seem to come back to take their medicine when they do in-fact lose.

Step up Francis!

You can just click on my name. I'm no coward, I will be here no matter what happens, but I haven't read any reports of meteorties scheduled to Jake's hummer on the way to the game, so yeah, WE ARE GONNA SPANK THE PATS!!!

WOOOO!!!!!!!

btw, if you want a good laugh go to http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=35929&page=10

Bronco Freak said:
I haven't read any reports of meteorties scheduled to Jake's hummer on the way to the game, so yeah, WE ARE GONNA SPANK THE PATS!!!

WOOOO!!!!!!!

Wow, I really hope you don't have that much faith in Jake "The Fake" Plummer against a Belichick scheme. When its playoff time, he turns into Danny Kannel

Last edited:
FSUPatsFan said:
Wow, I really hope you don't have that much faith in Jake "The Fake" Plummer against a Belichick scheme. When its playoff time, he turns into Danny Kannel

Nahh...that won't happen, as much as some people try to avoid it, Plummer actually put together an entire solid year...and, he's been to the playoffs in all his season with the broncos....I don't think he's too nervous about the game.

I still think homefield will be the biggest advantage in this game for either team...sticking to my 34-31 broncos prediction ;)

tatum26 said:
Nahh...that won't happen, as much as some people try to avoid it, Plummer actually put together an entire solid year...and, he's been to the playoffs in all his season with the broncos....I don't think he's too nervous about the game.

I still think homefield will be the biggest advantage in this game for either team...sticking to my 34-31 broncos prediction ;)

Yeah, you're right. Plummer has put together a solid regular season. The playoffs are a different story. Peyton Manning seems to put together a solid regular season every year as well. He might not be nervous about the game, but if I was a Broncos fan I certainly wouldn't want to put the game in his hands. At least you made a sensible prediction that the game will be close. However, I don't think either team will score that many points. The Pats shut out the Bucs and gave up 3 to the Jags, which are both quality opponents. Plus, the Pats are on the road and have only scored 31 or more three times (against Atl, NJY, and Buf). My prediction 17-14 Pats!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey