PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly, this should be a GREAT game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYObroncosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Broncos fan here....this is going to be a really close game, but I think we can pull it off. I don't see the kind of blowout we had last time you played us at Invesco (earlier this year), but I think we can pull it off by a field goal or so.

I'm not going to come in hear and say we're going to crush you guys, because I don't think we will. I think these teams are matched up to the point where homefield advantage wins it.

I don't want to hear any Plummer sucks excuses, because he's had a great season.

I also hate hearing people thinking our D-Line is cheap. What happened in SD was drew brees went for the loose ball, dove and hurt his should on this collision of the dive. The players don't play cheap, they play the game.

I think our dominant running game, and dominant running D will give us the edge 34-31.

Good luck.... :)

Plummer sucks excuses?? Why would WE say that? We're HOPING he sucks...that's not an excuse

We don't think your D line is cheap...we think your O line is a cheap shot cut blocking unit, as does the rest of the 31 teams in the league

Your run defense is very good and our running game is adequate at best, but Tom Brady runs a passing attack this year so your pass defense better be stout

I think the Broncos should be favored three

The Patriots have shut down rushing attacks featuring Cadillac Williams and Fred Taylor in recent games...if they can somehow find a way to control Tatum Bell, I like our chances to rattle the Snake...because he does rattle...but he's had a great year so far, especially at Denver

tatum26 said:
Broncos fan here....this is going to be a really close game, but I think we can pull it off. I don't see the kind of blowout we had last time you played us at Invesco (earlier this year), but I think we can pull it off by a field goal or so.

I'm not going to come in hear and say we're going to crush you guys, because I don't think we will. I think these teams are matched up to the point where homefield advantage wins it.

I don't want to hear any Plummer sucks excuses, because he's had a great season.

I also hate hearing people thinking our D-Line is cheap. What happened in SD was drew brees went for the loose ball, dove and hurt his should on this collision of the dive. The players don't play cheap, they play the game.

I think our dominant running game, and dominant running D will give us the edge 34-31.

Welcome to the board. I'm kinda glad the Pats are playing Denver this week. Not because I'm afraid of Indy, but it's January... playoff football should be played outside if at all possible. How can you not be fired up about two cold weather teams going at it in the playoffs? Neither team whining about field conditions or cold or snow or any of the other excuses that our climate controlled friends in Indy come up with.

As I said in another thread, I feel the winner goes to the Super bowl! Put a fork in Indy they are done for the season!

Go Patriots!!

tatum26 said:

Plum bum DOES suck...no excuse. Just the truth.

Pats will win it.

tatum26 said:
Broncos fan here....

If your running D is dominant, I think you'll find that that talent is wasted, meaning mis-placed. Teams with just-decent run D can stop our running game well enough. You'd be better off if your dominant defensive talent were placed in the secondary, or in the total passing D if that includes linemen and LBs. Nobody has been able to hold the Pats to under 16 points all year, the way Miami and Baltimore did to Denver, and we've never done it with too much running.

Should be a good game. While I can't wish you good luck, I'll wish both teams no injuries! Be well.

Joker said:
We don't think your D line is cheap...we think your O line is a cheap shot cut blocking unit, as does the rest of the 31 teams in the league
:rocker:
They throw one POS illegal chop block at even one of our front 7, I hope Rosy takes the Snake's head clean off on a late hit blow to the head!!! So freakin' sick of that $%!t!

I like what Denver has done this year. That said, the Patriots are playing their best ball of the year. Our best beats everyone elses best consistently. I like how the 21st century Patriots rise up to all the challenges presented to them.

If Plummer's scrambling leads to big plays for Denver, which is my biggest concern, and the Broncos win as a result, more power to them.

It should be a good game. To be honest, playing in Denver is going to be just about as difficult as going to Indy. Clearly Denver has to be a slight favorite going in to the game. I think it's going to come down to which team makes the mistakes. If we can not turn the ball over and move the ball then I think we have a good chance. Just my 2 cents worth.

tatum26 said:

Welcome Neighbor,

No question this will be a very different game as we are a very different team with our personnel changes. I see Shanahan trying to put us off balance early with a passing attack to try and soften us up for the run. It would be a twist from his standard behavior.

I have not watched your team enough to attempt to brand the D-line with any label, but Ekuban (sp?) has conducted extra-curricular activity twice that I have observed, both cases he got the O-lineman flagged for retaliating, and the one was our LG who was ejected. I do consider Ekuban to be a dirty child of a goat obsessed swine, but a sneaky one.

I broke down tape of the first game, an amateur hobby, and observed one block in that game where the RT was engaged with our DE and the RG went for his legs - I thought that an illegal chop block - but since it wasn't flagged it was either not seen or not illegal. Just something I'll be watching for.

Your run game is very effective, our run defense has improved significantly since week six as you may have noticed in recent games. This has helped the pass defense too. Frankly I consider the Broncos to be the tougher team compared to Indy, but one Belichick can game plan to beat.

Let's have a good game with no injuries.

Your run game is very effective, our run defense has improved significantly since week six as you may have noticed in recent games. This has helped the pass defense too. Frankly I consider the Broncos to be the tougher team compared to Indy, but one Belichick can game plan to beat.
yeah you improved your run defense but your pass defense still is shaky.

i think its gunna be a blow out.
pats: 42
broncos: 14

tatum26 said:
...I think our dominant running game, and dominant running D will give us the edge 34-31.

You think the Broncs will score 34 on this defense?

You may be good, but you're not that good!

Enjoy the game...

tatum26 said:

You guys have a real balanced team this year.

And it's the OLine that's cheap. :rolleyes:

Patriotic Fervor said:
You think the Broncs will score 34 on this defense?

You may be good, but you're not that good!

Enjoy the game...

We tend to put up a lot more points at home than on the road......by the way, how many of you actually feel that the pats have been disrespected this year?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it my opinion I don't think Tom Brady is used to losing 6 games in a year. I think it totally shocked him. And I think he didn't handle it maturely at all.

You guys know yourselves the only good team you beat in your "top notch" 4 game win streak was Tampa...and even they proved to not play that well when it matters.

I'm not saying I'm not scared of the Pats....I didn't really want to play them...BUT, the winner of this game WILL go to the superbowl, no matter which team it is.

:rocker:

tatum26 said:
We tend to put up a lot more points at home than on the road......by the way, how many of you actually feel that the pats have been disrespected this year?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it my opinion I don't think Tom Brady is used to losing 6 games in a year. I think it totally shocked him. And I think he didn't handle it maturely at all.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the respect angle. The Patriots were written off when they were playing badly, but then were given credit once they turned it around. Fair enough.

But I'm not buying that Brady was "shocked" or "immature"...he's a media savvy guy. All the "respect" stuff is just a ridiculous game. I suspect he knows that and was playing it accordingly.

Finally a Broncos fan with a level head. This should be a real close game that should come down to a few points. Yes Jake the Snake has had a good season but this is playoff time and the Patriots step up more in the post season. It should be a good game. I think with as heathly as we are now and if we get the run game going we should win. Good Luck

This will definatley not be a borring game, nor a sit down one.....Go Pats :rocker:

fleabassist1 said:
i think its gunna be a blow out.
pats: 42
broncos: 14
nahhh..i dont think its gonna be a Blowwww outt..but pats gonna win this !

The Patriots are SO OVERRATED. Tatum - don't fear this club, they are not the team of yesteryear. They don't have the dominating safety to save them in the playoffs anymore. Their anemic running game is garbage.

And there is no way they are going to stop our running game, which will set up the big plays through play action.

2 weeks off. Better team. Home Field. Better coach head to head and overall
28919415221.gif
(overall is debatable).

Put a fork in the Pats, not the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back