PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly Meriweather is medicore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mediocre pretty much describes the entire defensive unit. There ain't one player on this team I feel they could'nt live without.

He had what should have been a game closing/winning INT in the Miami game. But the offense couldn't get a 1st down. Does that not count?

Good point, our offense couldn't get a 1st down in the 4th quarter to save its life! I mean Maroney for 2, Maroney for 1, Brady incomplete to Welker who was quadruple covered. Punt arooski.

I mean WTH?

Tackling requires more than just 'wrapping' up a guy,sometimes upper body strength overcomes that and they just brush you away like lint on a shirt.

It requires the knowledge to actually KNOW who you are about to tackle like going for the lower legs or ankles when it comes to bruising larger backs.

Instinct AND presence of mind make a great cornerback or safety who can do both - I am not really sure we have many of those on this team right now,if any...

Last edited:
I love it when threads start out like:

"Now, I like (X) player and do believe he has talent...with that said, he sucks! He will never be good enough! He does this this and this wrong!"

Tackling requires more than just 'wrapping' up a guy,sometimes upper body strength overcomes that and they just brush you away like lint on a shirt.

It requires the knowledge to actually KNOW who you are about to tackle like going for the lower legs or ankles when it comes to bruising larger backs.

I don't think anyone's saying any different. I would argue that, no matter where you choose to go after a ball carrier, using your arms helps a little bit.

He shies away from contact BIG TIME... scared to add in an extra hit on players.

I think he like to hit but as you stated he does not wrap up. EVER. Everything does not have top be a kill shot.

Is that supposed to bother me? You're a homer so I must be a troll. Here, homer, homer, homer...wham, right into the back of the pickup truck you're chasing. Dumb dog.

You seem not to understand what a troll is. It's not the opposite of homer.

Thank you, Ochmed for getting it and understanding football. Amazing how a handful of flaws in a third year player's game makes him a scrub. I miss reading threads here that made me think, not made me want to slam my face through drywall.

Next thread to appear on patsfans: It's the thirst mutilator, and it's got what plants crave!

The problem here is a serious lack of reasoning and evaluation skills.

Reasonable people would look at the effort in a holistic manner, compares to an appliciable, valid set of stats, then breakdown points.

patsfans.com looks at one play and prorates it over the whole game.

Instinct AND presence of mind make a great cornerback or safety who can do both - I am not really sure we have many of those on this team right now,if any...

Yes, and any part of that requires you to actually have your arms stretched out away from your body, not folded up against your chest while you leap shoulder first into the receiver.

I think Brandon will be a good safety and has shown signs of it this year and last. But tackling is a lost cause in the NFL. And to quote Madden "dominating defenses don't exist in the NFL anymore". Tackling is a big reason why. As well as rule changes etc...

Last edited:
You seem not to understand what a troll is. It's not the opposite of homer.

I'm not a troll, I'm somewhat critical as I should be, of this team.

You don't understand the difference between honest discussion, and trolling. That makes YOU a homer who can't tolerate any perceived criticism, no matter how slight, of his heroes. You're like a dog chasing a pickup truck..."get those trolls! How dare you say something against MY TEAM!".

I slam on the brakes and BAM, you go head over heals and into the back of my truck! That's what!

Yep, it's sad, some teams get good players off the junk heap of the late rounds and turn them into effective starters. Landry in Wash. for example. We draft guys high and then turn into JAGs or low and turn into less than JAGs like what's his name.

Yet another place BB should be forbidden to draft high. Safeties and WRs. Although I do like one Golden Tate, he might be good for us say in the 2nd roudna-roo.

Uhhh Landry in Washington was a top pick. He was the number 1 safety taken the year he was drafted. Check the stats.

I am being honest. You honestly are quite a clown.

Mediocre pretty much describes the entire defensive unit. There ain't one player on this team I feel they could'nt live without.

So, how does a mediocre defensive unit manage to rank tied for 3rd in points allowed 14 games into an NFL season? I'll admit, I'm no football expert, so perhaps there's something I'm missing.

I believe meriweather will be a fine safety in this league.....I think one of the biggest problems is putting new players around him every game.....It's not every season anymore but BB is like ok I will put Bodden and Wilhite back there this game.....next game I will put butler and wheatley.....They need something concrete to build off of and play together.....We are too late in the season to experiment anymore.....BB just needs to start the same 2 CB's and same 2 Safeties the last couple games (barring injuries of course) and let them play together so they can have a cohesiveness and not have to "think" if the CB is going to take the guy or the Safety is supposed to take him over the top.....I believe once they play together and get on the "same page" then they will be able to play more aggressively, take more chances and make more big plays.....

Uhhh Landry in Washington was a top pick. He was the number 1 safety taken the year he was drafted. Check the stats.

I am being honest. You honestly are quite a clown.

I am thinking of his brother, Dawan, who wasn't very highly drafted but is a good player, nonetheless. YOu didn't even know he had a brother in the NFL. Yeah, my big sin. And Chris Horton from UCLA, who I wanted us to draft, who is on the Redskins.

Anyone who isn't sucking ballsacks is a clown to you.

Last edited:
So, how does a mediocre defensive unit manage to rank tied for 3rd in points allowed 14 games into an NFL season? I'll admit, I'm no football expert, so perhaps there's something I'm missing.

They have a grind it out offense which bores the other team to sleep and results in a low scoring game?

I am thinking of his brother, Dawan, who wasn't very highly drafted but is a good player, nonetheless. YOu didn't even know he had a brother in the NFL. Yeah, my big sin. And Chris Horton from UCLA, who I wanted us to draft, who is on the Redskins.

Anyone who isn't sucking ballsacks is a clown to you.

The Landry in Washington is LaRon. He is the little brother. You just keep getting more and more awesome.

Yep, it's sad, some teams get good players off the junk heap of the late rounds and turn them into effective starters. Landry in Wash. for example. We draft guys high and then turn into JAGs or low and turn into less than JAGs like what's his name.

Yet another place BB should be forbidden to draft high. Safeties and WRs. Although I do like one Golden Tate, he might be good for us say in the 2nd roudna-roo.

You mean LaRon Landry, the #6 overall pick in the 2007 draft? That's quite the junk heap.:eek:

The Landry in Washington is LaRon. He is the little brother. You just keep getting more and more awesome.

What do you mean? I was speaking of the Landry who wasn't highly drafted, Dawan, in Baltimore. I conflated the two with the safety who ALSO wasn't highly drafted, Chris Horton, in Washington.

So I confused my Lawan and Dawans. Is that a big victory for you?

The point is the same. They took late round picks and made them better safeties than our highly drafted pick.

And his point of "Lawan WAS highly drafted!". Duh, that's not the one of which I was speaking.

He shies away from contact BIG TIME... scared to add in an extra hit on players.

When you actually watch a Patriots game this year, then you can post. :mad:

Meriweather has his issues, and may be questionable in coverage or make mental mistakes, but contact? He is a hitter.

You mean LaRon Landry, the #6 overall pick in the 2007 draft? That's quite the junk heap.:eek:

No I meant Dawan, the safety in Baltimore who was picked in the 5th round as I explained maybe 5 times. Or Chris Horton who IS in Wash. would do well as a comparison. Or Gibril Wilson. All 5th round picks who can play. As opposed to our cement shoes Sanders and annoying gnat Merriweather.

You do get points for brownnosing and homerism though. Make sure you brush your teeth to get the nutsack odor off of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye