PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly, I love Dolphin-mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
The Pats have only been a good team for maybe 6 seasons out of 40. Wow!!!

1973, ohhhhhhh 1973, what a year.

feelthepain said:
You really told him. :rolleyes:

The truth be told, Dolphin-mania has been going on for a long time. It's probaby because we've always had a winning tradition in Miami when it comes to the Dolphins....

Every season, the Phinz are expected to make a strong showing. Now that there's some re-newed confidence under Saban, it's as strong as it's been in years....

Last edited by a moderator:
BLITZKRIEG said:
The truth be told, Dolphin-mania has been going on for a long time. It's probaby because we've always had a winning tradition in Miami when it comes to the Dolphins....

Winning the Super Bowl is their one and only goal, right?

Exactly.

Then if you go by Super Bowls, the Pats have more of a winning tradition than the Dolphins.

feelthepain said:

Do some home work before posting such garbage.

Phinz 27 winning seasons 2 sb wins 5 sb games
Pats 23 winning seasons 3 sb wins 5 sb games

Wow such a dominating performance by the phinz.

feelthepain said:
Really, what about 2004 when Miami had their worst season ever and kicked the crap out of the eventual SB Champ Pats in Miami???

hmmm a one point win which took Tom Brady having the worst game of his carer to pull off = kicked the crap out of the eventual sb champs, that is funny.

feelthepain said:

Absolutely, positively right.

It's a straight fact that if you ask Patriots fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. If you ask Jets fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. If you ask Bills fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. And if you ask Baltimore COLTS fans who their most hated division rival used to be (I suspect many fans on this site will not know the Colts were in the East - much less that they were located in Baltimore! lol) - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. There are reasons for that.

Personally... having been a football fan for going on four decades now, it's hard for me to think of the New England Patriots even now, as anything but loveable losers. LOL

Old Pats fans will mention the "snow-plow" game with reverent tones... but it's hard not to giggle, knowing they needed a blizzard and help from a work release convict to cheat themselves to a 3 point victory - and that a couple of weeks later they were DESTROYED in the playoffs in Miami, despite Joe Robbie's sympathetic attempt at humor in trucking in several dump-loads of snow to the sidelines of the Orange Bowl. LOL

It's true the Patriots (recipients of a boatload of turnovers) knocked the Marino led Dolphins out the playoff's in 1985... but it's hard to hold any rancor for them even then - when you recall that they went on to one of the most lopsided embarassing defeats ever handed out in a Superbowl game. The Bears seemed to expend far more energy making their Superbowl Shuffle music video than they did playing the Pats. LOL

But above two incidents I've mentioned are pretty much IT as far as noticable irritants to Dolphins fans from the Patriots franchise, if you exclude the last five years. You ask Dolphins fans (other than very recent ones) who their most hated division rival is.... it would be 50/50 between the Bills and Jets, with the Pats a long distant 3rd. If you count all Dolphin fans - you MIGHT at best, get a 3-way tie given the Patriots very recent success. There are reasons for that too.

So when you read the overwhelming arrogance displayed by recent bandwagon jumping Patriot fans (and those long suffering old Pats fans) regarding their recent success.... put it in perspective. Hell... the loveable losers have earned it! The worm will turn again all too soon. :)

My dad can mow a lawn better than your dad!

feelthepain said:

Thank you for using quite possibly the weakest comment ever.

wockenbauss said:

It's a straight fact that if you ask Patriots fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. If you ask Jets fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. If you ask Bills fans who their most hated division rival is - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. And if you ask Baltimore COLTS fans who their most hated division rival used to be (I suspect many fans on this site will not know the Colts were in the East - much less that they were located in Baltimore! lol) - the overwhelming answer will be the Miami Dolphins. There are reasons for that.

Personally... having been a football fan for going on four decades now, it's hard for me to think of the New England Patriots even now, as anything but loveable losers. LOL

Old Pats fans will mention the "snow-plow" game with reverent tones... but it's hard not to giggle, knowing they needed a blizzard and help from a work release convict to cheat themselves to a 3 point victory - and that a couple of weeks later they were DESTROYED in the playoffs in Miami, despite Joe Robbie's sympathetic attempt at humor in trucking in several dump-loads of snow to the sidelines of the Orange Bowl. LOL

It's true the Patriots (recipients of a boatload of turnovers) knocked the Marino led Dolphins out the playoff's in 1985... but it's hard to hold any rancor for them even then - when you recall that they went on to one of the most lopsided embarassing defeats ever handed out in a Superbowl game. The Bears seemed to expend far more energy making their Superbowl Shuffle music video than they did playing the Pats. LOL

But above two incidents I've mentioned are pretty much IT as far as noticable irritants to Dolphins fans from the Patriots franchise, if you exclude the last five years. You ask Dolphins fans (other than very recent ones) who their most hated division rival is.... it would be 50/50 between the Bills and Jets, with the Pats a long distant 3rd. If you count all Dolphin fans - you MIGHT at best, get a 3-way tie given the Patriots very recent success. There are reasons for that too.

So when you read the overwhelming arrogance displayed by recent bandwagon jumping Patriot fans (and those long suffering old Pats fans) regarding their recent success.... put it in perspective. Hell... the loveable losers have earned it! The worm will turn again all too soon. :)

I don't have much memory of the Pats before 2001. I've been watching pro football for nearly 33 years now and the Pats were never more then an after thought for most of those 33 years, Fact!!!

feelthepain said:
Really, what about 2004 when Miami had their worst season ever and kicked the crap out of the eventual SB Champ Pats in Miami???

Ok, weren't the Pats up 28-17 with about 4 minutes to play? The Pats didn't get the crap kicked out of them but it was a disgrace to see that lead disapear to a horrible Dolphin team that had a interm coach at the helm. While I will agree that there may seem like there are some homers on this board, these homers have more credibility because of one thing. Superbowl victories, something the Dolphins haven't had since the Bob Greise era! Are they really better off with Culpepper at QB? He sure had a poor season last year and him getting injured could not have come at a better time. He was just an embarressment! The phins have Ronnie Brown, that's great, you better hope he stays healty because you have Sammy Morris backing him up. The defense is aging and without Jason Taylor, you can kiss your pass rush goodbye! You better hope his back problems go away. Pats will rule the division again and you will go back to your Dolphin board and come up with more excuses and more ways how the Dolphins will win the division in 2007. And another thing, why are you on this board? Go to your Dolphins board, this a Patriots board.

wockenbauss said:

It's too bad the Phinz have not had a Legit superbowl contender since Danny boy and the 85' Phinz, "WOW".

feelthepain said:
I don't have much memory of the Pats before 2001. I've been watching pro football for nearly 33 years now and the Pats were never more then an after thought for most of those 33 years, Fact!!!

Let's see...we were still doing Apollo moon landings when the Phins last won a SB. Then in your 33 years the Phins just like the Pats LOST 2 SBs. Difference being the Pats went on to win 3 more SBs.

Before 2001, an over-rated Dan Marino took his vaunted Phins to the SB once. Hyped year after year, Marino and the great Jimmah Johnson couldn't get it done. Played the Pats in the 1997 playoffs when we were handicapped by Pete Carroll as our HC and the vaunted Phins still LOST to the Pats in the playoffs.

Mia

i'm looking for the 2 games against them

then...we will see...

Smash-MouthD said:
It's too bad the Phinz have not had a Legit superbowl contender since Danny boy and the 85' Phinz, "WOW".

Not strictly true... as the Dolphins were pretty close in the early 90's (Marino's achilles injury year was particularly tough to take), but your point is taken.

On the other hand, the reason the Dolphins are unquestionably the most hated division rival of every team in the East - is because they are always contending. Three sub .500 seasons in 36 YEARS. Most Patriots fans, on the other hand... don't have enough fingers and toes to count sub .500 Patriot seasons. (NOTE: I say MOST, because we are talking about a north-eastern based team... and contrary to stereotypes, the north east could teach the south TON's about in-breeding! LOL) j/k :)

pats1 said:
1973, ohhhhhhh 1973, what a year.

Superbowl VIII : Miami 24 - MINNESOTA 7

President: Richard M. Nixon
Vice President: Spiro T. Agnew

News

US Suspends All Activity Over Vietnam

First Vietnam POW's Released At Clark Field- Philippines

Letter From John McCord To Judge Sirica Implicates Re-election Committee

Senate Committee Begins Watergate Hearings

Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.08

Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $0.39

I was in kindergarten.:p

Re: Mia

italianpatthepatriot said:
i'm looking for the 2 games against them

then...we will see...

You and I may see, but most of the fans will still be fans. What I see out of the Dolphins is an improving team that still needs a season or two to get all the players for its system in place.

Wannstdtat was an idiot. Coaching has imporved to the point where they could win without a great deal of talent last year. I am not sold on Ronnie Brown. They coulda had a Cadillac. Culpepper, if he plays, is better than the guy whose name I can't remember right now. They have a decent TE and one good receiver. The OL is not great. The D is not great anymore but they will be able to execute a game plan.

Once the pieces are all in place, which may be 2007, I predict a slow swing in the balance of power in the AFCE. The Jets and Bills will suck for years.

You just can't say enough about that Dan Marino and Don Shula. I look for them to pull it together for another banner year in South Florida.

feelthepain said:

5 Super Bowl appearances over last 21 years...did you get our post cards. Now go put your your Beatles Revolver 8 track in and keep living in the past...4 decades to be exact.

Re: Mia

Dragda said:
You and I may see, but most of the fans will still be fans. What I see out of the Dolphins is an improving team that still needs a season or two to get all the players for its system in place.

Wannstdtat was an idiot. Coaching has imporved to the point where they could win without a great deal of talent last year. I am not sold on Ronnie Brown. They coulda had a Cadillac. Culpepper, if he plays, is better than the guy whose name I can't remember right now. They have a decent TE and one good receiver. The OL is not great. The D is not great anymore but they will be able to execute a game plan.

Once the pieces are all in place, which may be 2007, I predict a slow swing in the balance of power in the AFCE. The Jets and Bills will suck for years.

i agree with yr post.
what i do not like is that it is ALL THE SUMMER that i hear and i read that the Dolphins will have a great season, that they can win the Afc East, etc.etc.

as i do not think so , i'm looking forward to play them and i am pretty sure we will do fine...

and i hope also a certain player called Rodney Harrison agree with us too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes