PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly, I love Dolphin-mania

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I was watching Around the Horn and on 'Buy or Sell' the panel discussed the Pats' chances of winning the AFC East. Only ONE of the 4 believed they had a chance, 2 conceded they would make the playoffs as a wildcard and the last said they would MISS the playoffs altogether.

I was so mad I almost threw my remote at the TV, but then I thought, "I wonder what Rodney Harrison thinks about this?"

Last year we may have overplayed the 'no respect' card but this year we can't play it enough. I love being the 'underdog' again!

13-3 Baby..13-3...First round bye...I think the Phins have gotten better,But I believe we will go for 4 straight Division titles! Go pats!

Well c'mon the Dolphins have plenty of depth right. They have guys like J. Glenn, D. Pope, and s. Hodge as thier backup LBs. E. Jackson and T. Daniels are thier starting CBs and hey if McMichael goes down you have J. Peele as thier backup TE. They could have an all-pro team just with those backups. Isn't that the major gripe with the Pats is thier depth?

Depth chart for Miami:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/MIA

I think the Dolphins have a good chance of being a better team, but then again the addition of Culpepper/loss of Williams could blow up in their face.

I KNOW the Pats will be better than the 2005 squad, there is no doubt in my mind.

A lot of pundits think oh the Fins got better last year and the Pats got worse last year so, 'ifso-facto', the Fins will be better than the Pats.

richpats said:
the Fins will be better than the Pats.

Exactly my thoughts on the whole matter.

It was lightening out of a can...need a BB like coach, ifso-tactoe, Lou Saban. Totally bizarre as if we were meant to see...

(Mute)

PatsRI said:
Well c'mon the Dolphins have plenty of depth right. They have guys like J. Glenn, D. Pope, and s. Hodge as thier backup LBs. E. Jackson and T. Daniels are thier starting CBs and hey if McMichael goes down you have J. Peele as thier backup TE. They could have an all-pro team just with those backups. Isn't that the major gripe with the Pats is thier depth?

Depth chart for Miami:

Meh...NFL.com doesn't update their depth charts much. Schulters has been gone for months.

This one is better:

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=mia

Eddie Jackson is their #5 CB, with Will Allen starting and Goodman at nickel.

Not the greatest depth though, I do agree.

richpats said:
A lot of pundits think oh the Fins got better last year and the Pats got worse last year so, 'ifso-facto', the Fins will be better than the Pats.
I understand the logic these guys are trying to use:

Team A got better
Team B got worse
Therefore Team A is better than Team B,

but it is faulty logic. THere is no reference of starting points, or how much each team improved/got worse.

The Portsmouth NH High School Clippers football team got better
The NE Patriots got worse
Therefore Portsmouth Clippers are better than the Patriots

spacecrime said:
I understand the logic these guys are trying to use:

Team A got better
Team B got worse
Therefore Team A is better than Team B,

but it is faulty logic. THere is no reference of starting points, or how much each team improved/got worse.

The Portsmouth NH High School Clippers football team got better
The NE Patriots got worse
Therefore Portsmouth Clippers are better than the Patriots

Exactly...the media gets wet dreams over the Dolphins every year.

richpats said:
Yesterday I was watching Around the Horn and on 'Buy or Sell' the panel discussed the Pats' chances of winning the AFC East. Only ONE of the 4 believed they had a chance, 2 conceded they would make the playoffs as a wildcard and the last said they would MISS the playoffs altogether.

I was so mad I almost threw my remote at the TV, but then I thought, "I wonder what Rodney Harrison thinks about this?"

Last year we may have overplayed the 'no respect' card but this year we can't play it enough. I love being the 'underdog' again!

You have to laugh until you realize these guys GET PAID to discuss sports. I swear, you could take four girls from a BU sorority house who would make a better case than these idiots. Anyone who doesn't pick NE to win that division should be admitted to Bellevue Mental Hospital immediately.

Every year there is a 'flavor of the month' team, this year it is clearly Miami. If they finish 9-7 again, Miami can claim a successful season since that record last year was completely overblown.

Miami was 9-7 last year the Pats 10-6. It's not like we were 4-12 for a second strait season and the Pats won another SB. Miami didn't lose talent, they added it. The Pats did nothing to help their D in the Draft and they lost not only talent in players but coaching....again!! The Pats run won't last forever, other teams want to win too it's like the NFC east, the Eagles are no longer the team to beat in that division. I'm sure you go to any Eagles website at the start of last year and Eagle fans were spewing the same "we are the best team in the division" crap as Pat fans are now, all good things will come to an end it's just the way it is.

Last edited:
PatsRI said:

Depth chart for Miami:

Well you obviously don't understand. Disgustingtampax has informed us that the Dolphins have repaired their deficient O line with the All Pro pickups this off season. Three future HOFers all imports and great great coups by the Nicktator to replace the nothings they have on their roster.

This depth chart reveals all. At one tackle LJ Shelton is running second string; Mike Pearson is running third string; and Stockar McDougle is running second string at the other.

Why even Damion McIntosh has been invited back after an ignominious firing, but he is back to first string. Quell la resurrection! How can the Pats possibly compete with this awesome assemblage of talent on this team???

feelthepain said:
Miami was 9-7 last year the Pats 10-6. It's not like we were 4-12 for a second strait season and the Pats won another SB. Miami didn't lose talent, they added it. The Pats did nothing to help their D in the Draft and they lost not only talent in players but coaching....again!! The Pats run won't last forever, other teams want to win too it's like the NFC east, the Eagles are no longer the team to beat in that division. I'm sure you go to any Eagles website at the start of last year and Eagle fans were spewing the same "we are the best team in the division" crap as Pat fans are now, all good things will come to an end it's just the way it is.

Oh, that explains then, OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Pats are not in the best shape right now, losing Brusichi and Deion Branch being a crybaby and not reporting to camp. Once the team gets fully healthy, there is no way the Dolphins will over take the Pats for the AFC East crown. Pats will stampede through the NFL this year!

feelthepain said:

The record from last year is a weak argument and deep down, you know it. The Pats JV's almost defeated Miami that day that would have send the Fins back to .500.

The better game to consider is the game AT Miami. The Patriots, as banged up as they were at any point last year, still went into Dolphin Stadium and won when they needed to.

If Miami goes 9-7, you should celebrate. That team isn't as talented as you think and Saban has proven nothing in the NFL.

Re: Honestly, I HATE the Doofin-mania

Jacky Roberts said:
The record from last year is a weak argument and deep down, you know it. The Pats JV's almost defeated Miami that day that would have send the Fins back to .500.

The better game to consider is the game AT Miami. The Patriots, as banged up as they were at any point last year, still went into Dolphin Stadium and won when they needed to.

If Miami goes 9-7, you should celebrate. That team isn't as talented as you think and Saban has proven nothing in the NFL.

This is a great point Jackie......what all the doofin fans forget about is that their team was basically a .500 team last year against a VERY WEAK SCHEDULE. For all intensive purposes, the Pats were 11-5 last year and the fins were 8-8 IMHO...because there is no way in heck our STARTERS would have lost that game at home against Miami....no way......Pats JV's played almost entire game....we rested all of our primary starters.........and our JV's were one pass away from beating the doofins ***es........

As far as I see it.....Miami is better off at QB with Culpepper at the helm (and even Joey H gives them something better than Frerotte and Brock Berlin.) They have a HUGE ? at RB in my opinion. Brown has durability issues from what I have heard...and it is very questionable that he can be an every down answer. IF something happens to Brown....who will they turn to? Sammy Morris?.......Big questions there.........Is their O line that much better this year? Don't see it........Defensively, they have gotten weaker......I would expect another 8-8 or 9-7 season for the doofins.......one man's opinion....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacky Roberts said:

Really, what about 2004 when Miami had their worst season ever and kicked the crap out of the eventual SB Champ Pats in Miami??? It doesn't matter the games between the two teams they play each other tough no matter who does what and with whom, every year. Also if you remember last year in Miami when your Pats were playing for something, it came down to the last play of the game where Chambers couldn't bring in a low pass in the endzone to bring the game within an extra point of being a tie.

Spoken like a true homer in denial. Every time you post you write like god himself sat down with you and guaranteed a division title. The Pats time at the top won't last forever and your rambling reeks of fear. The Fins aren't as good as I think??? Well I'm not the only one who thinks the fins are a good team. Maybe you should join a major Sports network and tell the world you know more then everyone else and you're always right because you're a Pat fan!

After all it just wouldn't be fair if someone else won the division besides the Pats, aint that right ya spoiled baby??. The only team you respect is the Pats, everytime you post you write as if the Pats are the only team on the planet your logic is transparent. At least Dolphin fans respect the Pats and know we have to earn the division title unlike you and your warped sense of ownership in the division without playing one game. Your team is no different then anyone elses, one injury away from being the worst team in the division.

feelthepain said:
Really, what about 2004 when Miami had their worst season ever and kicked the crap out of the eventual SB Champ Pats in Miami??? It doesn't matter the games between the two teams they play each other tough no matter who does what and with whom, every year. Also if you remember last year in Miami when your Pats were playing for something, it came down to the last play of the game where Chambers couldn't bring in a low pass in the endzone to bring the game within an extra point of being a tie.

You know, that's a good one. I talked to a Dolphins fan after that game, who claimed that was "their Super Bowl."

Gotta love those high standards.

But you know what the funny thing is?

Here are the results of the last 8 meaningful Patriots-Dolphins games:

12/22/01 - W - 20-13 - H
10/06/02 - L - 13-26 - A
12/29/02 - W - 27-24 (OT) - H
10/19/03 - W - 19-13 (OT) - A
10/19/03 - W - 12-0 - H
10/10/04 - W - 24-10 - H
12/20/04 - L - 28-29 - A
11/13/05 - W - 23-16 - H

A lot of close games, yes.

But do you recognize anything important?

Like you know, the fact that the Pats have WON when it mattered?

Winning - what an interesting concept. Winners are winners, while losers are all about "could-have," or "would-have."

feelthepain said:
Spoken like a true homer in denial. Every time you post you write like god himself sat down with you and guaranteed a division title. The Pats time at the top won't last forever and your rambling reeks of fear. The Fins aren't as good as I think??? Well I'm not the only one who thinks the fins are a good team. Maybe you should join a major Sports network and tell the world you know more then everyone else and you're always right because you're a Pat fan!

Look, the only one in denial here is you. Keep riding the "Pats' time at the top won't last forever" notion. Ride it onto your couch in January. The Pats won't slow down, they won't stop. Until teams, their fans, and their media contigency learn to shut their mouths and play, the Pats will only use it as motivation. They have, they are, and they will.

feelthepain said:
After all it just wouldn't be fair if someone else won the division besides the Pats, aint that right ya spoiled baby??. The only team you respect is the Pats, everytime you post you write as if the Pats are the only team on the planet your logic is transparent. At least Dolphin fans respect the Pats and know we have to earn the division title unlike you and your warped sense of ownership in the division without playing one game. Your team is no different then anyone elses, one injury away from being the worst team in the division.

Yeah, it's for a reason:

2005 New England Patriots:

AFC East Division Champions

2004 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXIX Champions
AFC Conference Champions
AFC East Divsion Champions

2003 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions
AFC Conference Champions

2002 New England Patriots:

:(

2001 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXVI Champions
AFC Conference Champions

We respect good teams, but only those with class and integrity through their organization and fanbase. The Browns are coming to mind nowadays with Romeo. We'll see what Mangini does.

Your denial leaks on through with the "spoiled baby" comment, as it's quite evident that not only you and your fellow fans, but the rest of the NFL and the media has grown tired of the Patriots' dominance.

That's nothing new. Go ask Bill Polian how his attempts to thwart the Pats by changing the rules worked.

We've heard it for awhile now buddy. The media sang the same tune of the Pats' run coming to and end two years ago before Manning came to town, and left, without a win. Finally, the media started to show some respect this past postseason but they took two steps backwards after the Pats' Denver loss.

Great. Time to prove them wrong, again.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
You know, that's a good one. I talked to a Dolphins fan after that game, who claimed that was "their Super Bowl."

Gotta love those high standards.

But you know what the funny thing is?

Here are the results of the last 8 meaningful Patriots-Dolphins games:

12/22/01 - W - 20-13 - H
10/06/02 - L - 13-26 - A
12/29/02 - W - 27-24 (OT) - H
10/19/03 - W - 19-13 (OT) - A
10/19/03 - W - 12-0 - H
10/10/04 - W - 24-10 - H
12/20/04 - L - 28-29 - A
11/13/05 - W - 23-16 - H

A lot of close games, yes.

But do you recognize anything important?

Like you know, the fact that the Pats have WON when it mattered?

Winning - what an interesting concept. Winners are winners, while losers are all about "could-have," or "would-have."

Look, the only one in denial here is you. Keep riding the "Pats' time at the top won't last forever" notion. Ride it onto your couch in January. The Pats won't slow down, they won't stop. Until teams, their fans, and their media contigency learn to shut their mouths and play, the Pats will only use it as motivation. They have, they are, and they will.

Yeah, it's for a reason:

2005 New England Patriots:

2004 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXIX Champions
AFC Conference Champions
AFC East Divsion Champions

2003 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions
AFC Conference Champions

2002 New England Patriots:

:(

2001 New England Patriots:

Super Bowl XXXVI Champions
AFC Conference Champions

We respect good teams, but only those with class and integrity through their organization and fanbase. The Browns are coming to mind nowadays with Romeo. We'll see what Mangini does.

Your denial leaks on through with the "spoiled baby" comment, as it's quite evident that not only you and your fellow fans, but the rest of the NFL and the media has grown tired of the Patriots' dominance.

That's nothing new. Go ask Bill Polian how his attempts to thwart the Pats by changing the rules worked.

We've heard it for awhile now buddy. The media sang the same tune of the Pats' run coming to and end two years ago before Manning came to town, and left, without a win. Finally, the media started to show some respect this past postseason but they took two steps backwards after the Pats' Denver loss.

Great. Time to prove them wrong, again.

The Pats have only been a good team for maybe 6 seasons out of 40. Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes