PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honest Q: Would you want a different Pats owner? If so who?

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Thought this question deserves a thread of it's own.

Robert Kraft has gotten a lot of backlash from fans since DeflateGate, and I definitely understand the frustration and even rage. As a converted Patriots fan, I see owners of other teams in the big picture that are definitely worse. Perhaps that's a sad commentary on the calibre of sports owners, but I see most NFL owners as worse than Kraft.

So here is my question: Do you give Robert Kraft a vote of confidence? If the answer is no, then which other NFL owner would you replace him with?

I guess it's OK to mention names of pro owners of non-football teams as well if you are so inclined.

*****ing and whining won't get us the draft picks back. Robert Kraft is the owner of one of the most successful franchises in not just the NFL but in all of sports since he took over. Much of that of course has to do with Brady and Belichick brilliance, but I wouldn't change anything from this run we have been on. Not even a different owner.

Can I put my name in the hat for the gig?

Donald Trump would never put up with this **** from Goodell.

I'll refrain for politics on this post.

Did you see his tweet Trump still thinks Johnny Manziel is going to be a great QB?

I suspect maybe you would like say Mark Cuban, who is also outspoken, but a better evaluator of talent in sports.

God no! No disrespect to the OP because there's nothing wrong with starting a debate, but it would be the dumbest idea ever to want to replace Bob Kraft. The deflategate nonsense is a very small window into the tenure of Bob Kraft. Put that on the scales against where this team is now compared to where it was and it's a complete nothing issue.

No one is perfect at anything. Kraft had been an "A" owner until he sold the integrity of the New England Patriots for the "Integrity" of Goodell's NFL. Still wouldn't trade him but it doesn't make it easy to live with...

Bingo. It would let Bob retire without anymore damage to his reputation

Among those willing to be critical, it can't really get any worse. The rump swabs will never be critical no matter what, so nothing to fear there.

No, they'll have to pry Goodell's balls from his cold, dead mouth before he gives up the team.

@ manxman2601 - I agree with you Kraft is probably as good as it gets, but maybe some of the fans can name other owners that would actually be good, although I think it would be a short list. If it were not Kraft or his son, the only name in the NFL that would seem safe would be Rooney.

My list of toxic owners in the NFL (there may be others)
  • Haslan (Browns have not been in the playoffs since their 1999 reincarination)
  • Snyder (Washington)
  • Jones ( put up with his idiocy for TWENTY FIVE YEARS. That's easily more frustration than everyone ranted at in the DeflateGate saga. An owner like Jones would be the Death Penalty.)
  • the late Al Davis - his last ten years did not help his legacy to put it mildly. Don't know if his son Mark will be much better.
I'm certain other owners will be identified as bad, but the four I listed are definitely toxic.

Last edited:
Among those willing to be critical, it can't really get any worse. The rump swabs will never be critical no matter what, so nothing to fear there.

No, they'll have to pry Goodell's balls from his cold, dead mouth before he gives up the team.
Actually it can get worse because I have little doubt that the POS can and will come up with another bogus violation and punishment, IMO this time for BB. We all know how Bob feel about the POS.

Actually it can get worse because I have little doubt that the POS can and will come up with another bogus violation and punishment, IMO this time for BB. We all know how Bob feel about the POS.

Yeah, but I, like you, have already factored that into my current opinion, so it's not going to get any worse if he does what I already assume he will do.

Despite Bob's spineless behavior, there is no other owner in which I completely trust to let BB have absolute power and control over all things related to the football operation.

Stay the course.

When astronomers look for planets that might harbor life as we know it, they are looking at multiple factors to make that happen.

It's the same with a sports team. An ESPN broadcast mentioned four things that will make an NFL team elite:
  1. Owner
  2. GM
  3. HC
  4. QB
They mentioned the Pats having all four BTW. If you look at other teams today, the best ones probably have at least 3 out of 4.

The owner is not everything. He's a very successful billionaire or multi-millionaire, that has the sense to choose good football minds, then setup an environment to let them succeed.

Donald Trump would never put up with this **** from Goodell.
that might or might not be the case, but I doubt very much that Trump's "real" Balance Sheet would have either the liquidity or the credit to purchase the Patriots and the Foxboro property.

Thought this question deserves a thread of it's own.

Robert Kraft has gotten a lot of backlash from fans since DeflateGate, and I definitely understand the frustration and even rage. As a converted Patriots fan, I see owners of other teams in the big picture that are definitely worse. Perhaps that's a sad commentary on the calibre of sports owners, but I see most NFL owners as worse than Kraft.

So here is my question: Do you give Robert Kraft a vote of confidence? If the answer is no, then which other NFL owner would you replace him with?

I guess it's OK to mention names of pro owners of non-football teams as well if you are so inclined.
I'd like an owner that:

1) Hired Bill Belichick
2) Left Bill Belichick alone to run the franhcise
3) Was protective of his franchise and brand instead of the NFL

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes