Honest opinion on the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know most non-Broncos fans won't truthfully admit it but to me it appears they have found themselves one heck of a QB in Cutler. No other coach out there exposes Belichicks defensive schemes like old Rat Face. Maybe not this season but not long after they will have to be taken seriously as a contender with the talent on that squad.

Yes or No?

MrTibbs said:
I know most non-Broncos fans won't truthfully admit it but to me it appears they have found themselves one heck of a QB in Cutler. No other coach out there exposes Belichicks defensive schemes like old Rat Face. Maybe not this season but not long after they will have to be taken seriously as a contender with the talent on that squad.

Yes or No?

What the hell were they last year?

MrTibbs said:

Yes or No?

Cutler looks like the real deal. But again, time will tell.
Why do we like to anoint these young QB's without even one NFL start under their belts?

I'm wasn't sold on Cutler at the time of the draft, and will still need to see him in regular season action, but Denver will certainly give him the opportunity to be successful early in his career.

The little I've seen of him, he reminds me of Elway the way he can roll out and zing the ball 60-70 yards. There's a heck of a lot of other situations he'll have to prove himself in, though.

dryheat44 said:
What the hell were they last year?

With Plummer it was a matter of time before that ship sank.

BelichickFan said:
The little I've seen of him, he reminds me of Elway the way he can roll out and zing the ball 60-70 yards. There's a heck of a lot of other situations he'll have to prove himself in, though.

Agreed but what I see is his pocket awarness and accuracy. He also has a very strong arm. I'd like to see a team take away that playaction rollout, sprint out play and see how he reacts standing and confined to the pocket.

My honest opinion of the Broncos is that they never look that formidable to me when I watch them playing others, but they seem to have our number. Therefore, I always consider them a formidable opponent of the Pats, but I am never surprised when they lose to other good teams.

Even with Plummer at QB you have to consider Denver a contender this year. They have built a pressure defense to compliment their productive offense, which improved last season thanks to Plummer minimizing his mistakes.

Shanahan has had success against us, but our history against Denver is overstated. We've played them 5/6 in Denver, an extremely tough place to play (see Shanny's 74-20 home record). Surprisingly, Belichick is actually the only active coach to have 2 wins in Denver against Shanahan.

Our game 9/24 will definitely measure how good we are going to be this year. A good running attack and the use of screens should neutralize their blitzes (a better o-line would help too). Our D is capable of shutting down their offense (see playoffs). We just have to put together a complete game, something we never seem to do against Denver.

I have a hard time figuring out Denver. They were a great team last year; dominating at home in a tough division and finishing with a great record even though they lost a fluke to Miami the first week.

And yet, they were terrible in the playoffs. NE was running on fumes offensively, yet they moved the ball fairly easily, despite poor blocking. Pitt went through them like warm butter. And Denver's offense was atrocious in both playoff games.

I see a step back, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back