PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honest Assessment of AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker83 said:
and historically Rookie WR do not produce for 2-3 years...

Terry Glenn had 90 receptions as a rookie for us. So far, I haven't seen any reason why Jackson wont contribute as a rook. Certainly, the attention he's getting from the head office and the media is generally reserved more for first rounders, not second rounders. The fact that BB was considering him at #21, to me, means that he's a special player.

How that works itself out over the season, we'll have to see. But let's not write off the entire Pats WR corp based on cup half empty theories. If you take the cup half full approach, we actually have a stunningly deep and dangerous WR corp with explosive upside.

Suppose that Jackson establishes himself as a Terrell Owens type of a talent. Even as an unpolished player, he could do a lot of damage.

Caldwell has been great in camp, getting called out in the media for a bunch of athletic catches. His troubles in San Diego were more related to his injury situation, than his ability. If he stays healthy, he could be a real weapon.

Branch is a known quantity, but has been held back because teams have doubled him. If Caldwell and Jackson achieve their potential, Branch becomes an even bigger threat.

Brown is a reliable veteran who always makes the big plays, and runs routes that make first downs... all the right things, the small things. Imagine the luxury of having him as our #4 receiver.

And Childress was activated for the playoffs last year, and ended the season playing the best football of his career. I always take it as a special sign when BB gives a young player field time. We saw Givens mostly on ST as a rookie, but he started beating David Patten out for playing time at the end of his first year-- that was a sign of things to come. Childress seems to be on the same path; earning playing time by executing during the week. I fully expect that he's going to be BB's newest "out of nowhere" project turned legitimate pro.

Personally, I think this may be the deepest WR corp we've had in the BB era. The next best would have been Brown, Patten, Branch and Dedric Ward... plus a very green Givens. Personally, I think this group is faster, bigger, more explosive than anything we've seen since Bledsoe was throwing to Terry Glenn and Shawn Jefferson.

Last edited:
With all the media hype the Dolphins are getting, suddenly their trolls come out of the woodwork.

The Dolphins are the only team I know of that couldn't sell out a Wild Card round playoff game. Miami has done jack since 1984, yet now their fans are thumping their chests.

Ahh the power of hype.

Miami is the most overrated team in the offseason. I can't wait for football to start and see the Dolphins finish in 3rd place behind the Pats and Jets. My prediction.

As for the Jets, their defensive nucleus is still intact from 2 years ago.

So, keep making noise Miami trolls, we'll be laughing louder in December. :rofl:

feelthepain said:
I don't agree, we don't know what Daunte can do in Miami. Maybe he makes Miami a SB team, if he does we don't need Brady. Let's make no mistake, Brady is a good QB, but until he landed in NE no one thought much of him. How bout you give BB a little credit for Bradys success.

Until he landed in NE Brady was in .... Michigan. After being drafted in the sixth round he rode the pine for a year. But he went from 4th on the depth chart when he was drafted to backup to a franchise QB with I believe 3 NFL passes under his belt in mop up duty. In what would by most leagues standards be considered his rookie season (as a game day active at least) he took over a team that had been 3-13 since he was drafted (and Belichick took over as HC) and promptly led them as a starter to an 11-2 finish in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs where he was named Superbowl MVP. And he did it without a WR in the same area code as Randy Moss.

Belichich gets plenty of credit for creating an atmosphere where Brady could succeed, but the lions share of the credit is Tommy's. Just as it was in Michigan. He was born with a determination to do whatever it takes. Belichick couldn't make Bledsoe succeed any more than Saban can make Culpepper succeed. As Belichick would say they is what they is, and what that is is seriously flawed quarterbacks.

MoLewisrocks said:
Belichich gets plenty of credit for creating an atmosphere where Brady could succeed, but the lions share of the credit is Tommy's.

Thats where I disagree you are still trying to give most of the crdit to Brady, but who kept the Pats from losing to the Colts??? Your D and who Kept, the Pats from losing to Raiders?? AV!! And who won all three SB with a key FG??? AV!! And who's Idea was it to snap the ball through the end zone take the saftey and gain valuable field position?? See there are a whol lot of plays many more I havn't mentioned that helped the Pats become world champs,. Brady did hid share, he was not the main reason for the success.

feelthepain said:
Thats where I disagree you are still trying to give most of the crdit to Brady, but who kept the Pats from losing to the Colts??? Your D and who Kept, the Pats from losing to Raiders?? AV!! And who won all three SB with a key FG??? AV!! And who's Idea was it to snap the ball through the end zone take the saftey and gain valuable field position?? See there are a whol lot of plays many more I havn't mentioned that helped the Pats become world champs,. Brady did hid share, he was not the main reason for the success.

See, this is why I think we should have breeding licenses.

feelthepain said:

Who put the Pats in position to hold off the Colts (although credit for holding off the Colts always has to be shared with Manning and Vanderjerk)? Who got the Pats to the playoffs last year when we had a swiss cheese secondary, and our 3 best defensive players all injured at the same time, and all 3 running backs injured or playing through injuries, and two rookies and a backup C starting on the Oline...

You sound like the typical out of town system QB numbskull - he's going to the Hall of Fame pal. Who engineered the scoring drive against Oakland and rushed for the TD that got them to within 3 in the 4th quarter and then got them back to the 30 for the try at a game tying FG in regulation and then again drove them to within chipshot range in OT? Who drove the team into FG range with less than a minute forty remaining in two superbowls (not to mention brought them back twice with TD's to go ahead and tie in XXXVIII when apparently the D was again collapsing late as they did in XXXVI too and might have done in XXXIX had McNabb not gone into dry heave mode).

Lots of guys contributed to this teams success. But without Brady none of them ever have the chance to because with Bledsoe they never sniff a superbowl in the Belichick era and Bill has no chance to become the HC of a dynasty. Belichick knows that, and he knew it in the Summer of 2001 when he promoted the kid from Michigan to the #2 QB slot because he outperformed the franchise QB in TC and pre season, and he knew it in week 10 of the 2001 season when he named him the starter for the rest of the season and he knew it after Tom was injured in Pittsburgh yet he named him as the Superbowl starter three days later, and he knew it when he traded Bledsoe to those chumps up in Buffalo two months later.

If you want to argue which disappointing and/or seriously injured AFCE QB might have a bigger impact in 2006 and why it will even matter, go troll a JETS or Bills board.

Mularkey using Linehan's play book with Culpepper is a big ? to me.

Linehan had success with Pep but how does that translate to Mularkey having
the same success with the same player?

Coaching styles are different, how does Mularkey compensate for Pep's
inability to read the D successfully half the time?

Does Saban really think Mularkey can impliment Linehan's playbook with Pep?

For me I don't know, but unless Pep can read the D a familiar playbook does
nothing for him in this situation.

I could be all wet, in that case throw me a towel please.

Btw wasn't Mularkey a former HC now given the task of using a former OC's
playbook? That alone has to hurt something somewhere.

PonyExpress said:
BOR,
great insight. a couple things: If the Jets are going to a 3-4, where does Robertson play? He's an upfield player, not a nose, and he's 6'1'', which doesn't translate well to end. Plus Vilma is not an ideal 3-4 ILB. Don't you think Mangini is making a mistake moving to the 3-4 with good 4-3 personnel? If Mangini were really following the BB blueprint wouldn't he wait to make that switch until he's picked up the proper players after 2 seasons? If he tries it in 2006 it seems like a mistake...
Also, don't you think LJ Shelton is among the worst LTs in the NFL? I agree the Miami O-line will be improved but I have a hard time beliveing it will be because of Shelton. Other than that, Amen.
Perhaps Robertson isn't your ideal NT (or DE), then again, Vince was Baby Sapp at Miami, hardly a two-gap nickname. Herm had his boys playing some 3-4 last season with Robertson in at NT - how EM adapts the game plan to his players is his lookout, but he is signaling a base 3-4 "multi-look" (to coin a Reissism) to my novice eyes. Vilma would appear to be too light for ILB, the same can be said for Donnie Edwards. The flip-side to his size is Mangini's inside knowledge of how BB would have tried to use him, if he had been there when the Pats' picked. Remember 2000 was a sacrificial year, house cleaning followed by teaching the fundamentals. Robertson, Vilma, et al. will be learning how to play the game Mangini style, players like Kimo and Chatham will help set the tone in the locker room (see my ring, I believe, I've been there and I've got more than the T-Shirt).

Shelton may be the worst LT in the league, I never made it a point to watch him play. Teams were willing to bid for his services and one assumes they have some basis for their interest (by my best estimate, I'm currently only smarter then Detroit). Miami was trying to use players better suited to other positions at LT as far as I can recall, how would Dante handle things if you dumped a veteran LT in his lap and freed up your most talented stop gap to use where he is best suited? I'd say the OL improves in that situation and it would seem Houk (sp?) could do as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecrime said:
This is so stupid. If you could trade Culpepper for Brady straight up, you'd have the happiest fans in Miami since 1972. Get real.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before. I'm not saying I wouldn't choose Brady over Culpepper and I admit Brady, regardless of whether you think he is the best QB or not, is definitely top 3. I don't put Culpepper in that category. However, I was replying to the post that said Culpepper's stats are only a reflection of having Moss as a teammate and I also replied to the post that Culpepper's post season record is solely a reflection on his ability rather than the quality of the team he played on.

My only point is that everyone here would say BB is a coaching genius. Everyone here would say Mike Tice is NOT. This doesn't even account for the presence of Weis and Crennel until last year which can't be underestimated. Everyone would also say the Patriots D the past 5 years has been considerably better than the Vikings. So, given all this how is it playoff records alone say one quarterback is infinitely better than another? If we give credit to BB, the coordinators and a stout D in saying a TEAM is great than it stands to reason that you can't fault an individual player for the post-season record of an inferior team. It works both ways.

Regardless, the original post asks what do people make of the AFC East and somehow this got to be a comparison between QBs on opposing teams. The fact of the matter is people view the Fins as up and coming because they have improved this offseason versus their team last season. Is anyone really going to say the Fins did not improve by getting Culpepper? And despite what seems to be a popular misconception, the Dolphins D is actually younger and way more athletic than last year's D. Considering the teams were fairly evenly matched last year (look at the first game when you played your regulars) then slight improvements count. Will the phins win the division this year? No clue but they will be better so discount them is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady-To-Branch said:
With all the media hype the Dolphins are getting, suddenly their trolls come out of the woodwork.

The Dolphins are the only team I know of that couldn't sell out a Wild Card round playoff game. Miami has done jack since 1984, yet now their fans are thumping their chests.
Well, in fairness, preseason is the only time they can brag. Since they are never able to say how good the are, they must be content to say how good they'll be this coming season.

They won't be around mid-way into the season. The only fans that I recall sticking arouknd after their good-on-paper team was beaten by the good-on-the-field Pats were the Seahawks fans. Oh, and most Bills fans.

Dolphins, Raiders, Jets. They quickly become ashamed of their team and stop psotign here. Or in the case of the Raiders, try for years to say it was a fumble :D

I'm sure that morons like 'Feel the pain' came out of the woodwork to say that 15 QBs could have done what Joe Montana did. Only one QB could have won a superbowl with Troy Brown and Dave Patten and Antowain Smith. Only one QB holds the superbowl record for MOST COMPLETE PASSES, against Carolina. That was the game the famous kicker missed two field goal and gave a squib kick-off to the Panthers. Most of which ended up on the Panther's scoreboard. Only one QB can hold the distinction of longest NFL win streak, to be shared by the other players on the team (Duh!). The two years Brady didn't win the superbowl, he lead the league in touchdowns and yards. Only one QB leads either of these categories in a year, and only one QB wins the superbowl each season. Only one QB is 10-1 in the playoffs.

But yeah, I forgot, Culpepper has the distinction of an NFL record for fumbling.

I don't think these fired up Finheads have watched Culpepper much. He comes across as a one trick pony. He can throw the ball to the same spot down field, and normally starts each game with a huge down field pass. Then everybody thinks the game has been won in the first five minutes. But for the rest of the game, Culpepper fumbles and bumbles more and more during the grind of a 60 minute game. The Vikings spent all of their cap space providing Dante with the best of everything, the biggest O-Line, the best wide-outs with Chris Carter and Randy, the multiple running backs, Kleinsasser at tight end. The only team in his division that played defense was the Bears, and he often looked silly in those games.

Brady's offense runs on the cheap at every position. Until last year, the AFC East boasted four of the top defenses in the entire league. Miami, Jets and Bills all brought their 'A' defense against Brady, year after year.

Culpepper's great year was everybody's great year because the Colts changed the pass interference rules. That's also the number one reason the Pats lost to Denver.

Chevagus said:
.......... Will the phins win the division this year? No clue but they will be better so discount them is absurd.

I would not discount the Fins this year. As I said before, for me the reason is because of the schedule ... not because of new players/coaches aquired in off season.

Both PATs and Fins have a fairly easy schedule and should win 10 games
on that schedule.
( Bufx2, Jetsx2, Vikes, Packers, Bears, Lions, Texans,Titians)
That leaves 6 games to make the division winner. If
PAT/Fins split their games that leaves 4 games to determine the AFCE
Champ.
For NE: (Broncos, Bengals, Indy and Jags)
For Miami: (Steelers, Chiefs, Jags and Indy)

I doubt burger man will be back in time so Miami may catch a break
with Steelers.
The other break for Miami is that their Indy game is last game of season and
they may only be playing second string. But if Indy needs that game it will be
on their turf.
PATs get Indy at home but have a short week to prepare.

The four tough teams are all good teams and anything can happen.

One observation: the Bears have a very good D and Miami may
struggle with them ... at least more so than PATs as I think PATs have the
better offense. Plus Bears game is at home for the PATs but away for Dolphins.

Point is ... this a very close gap and anything can happen ... no i don't
count the Fins out this year at all.
However if Miami loses any of their easier games that may be an indication
that they will be out of it again this year.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I'm sure that morons like 'Feel the pain' came out of the woodwork to say that 15 QBs could have done what Joe Montana did. Only one QB could have won a superbowl with Troy Brown and Dave Patten and Antowain Smith. Only one QB holds the superbowl record for MOST COMPLETE PASSES, against Carolina. That was the game the famous kicker missed two field goal and gave a squib kick-off to the Panthers. Most of which ended up on the Panther's scoreboard. Only one QB can hold the distinction of longest NFL win streak, to be shared by the other players on the team (Duh!). The two years Brady didn't win the superbowl, he lead the league in touchdowns and yards. Only one QB leads either of these categories in a year, and only one QB wins the superbowl each season. Only one QB is 10-1 in the playoffs.

But yeah, I forgot, Culpepper has the distinction of an NFL record for fumbling.

I don't think these fired up Finheads have watched Culpepper much. He comes across as a one trick pony. He can throw the ball to the same spot down field, and normally starts each game with a huge down field pass. Then everybody thinks the game has been won in the first five minutes. But for the rest of the game, Culpepper fumbles and bumbles more and more during the grind of a 60 minute game. The Vikings spent all of their cap space providing Dante with the best of everything, the biggest O-Line, the best wide-outs with Chris Carter and Randy, the multiple running backs, Kleinsasser at tight end. The only team in his division that played defense was the Bears, and he often looked silly in those games.

Brady's offense runs on the cheap at every position. Until last year, the AFC East boasted four of the top defenses in the entire league. Miami, Jets and Bills all brought their 'A' defense against Brady, year after year.

Culpepper's great year was everybody's great year because the Colts changed the pass interference rules. That's also the number one reason the Pats lost to Denver.

It's good to see you don't have to post with respect. Just because you don't agree with what I say is no excuse for stuff like that.

Actually, I gave you more respect than you deserve by a long shot. Like I said, I'm sure plenty of mental midgets who didn't know anything about football claimed that 15 other QBs could have done what Joe Montana did.

What I respect is when somebody has a well thought out opinion which is remotely true. I very much doubt that someone claims that 15 QBs can do what Brady does, and posts it on a Pats message board with no evidence at all to back it up, and really expects to be 'respected'.

So name the 15 QBs who are currently playing that would have achieved every goal I laid out in my thread, from most superbowl completions to leading the league in yards, to 10-1 in the playoffs, and every single other point. I want to know point-by-point how you decide that each of your 15 QBs would have matched each accomplishment that I listed. Give me in depth analysis. No short cuts, cover everything from the skill players that would have been used, i.e. Dave Patten, Antowain Smith, to how another QB would have coped with Brady's injuries, ect.

When you have spelled out all the details of your carefully thought out opinion, I will respect your post if it makes any real sense.

3 rings. Culpepper has none. Obviously any superbowl win is a team effort. By the way the Dolphins haven't even sniffed the playoffs the last THREE years have they? You sound a little bitter. LOL. And you should be. You gotta pin your hopes on a dud like Culpepper who has accomplished jack and squat with Randy Moss as his wideout and a world class sprinter like Bennet as his HB.

Who had better offensive support around him? Culpepper. Who accomplished the most winningwise and in the postseason? Brady. It's pretty simple. Brady's going to the HOF.

If you want to win football games you start with a QB like Tom Brady. If you want to win your fantasy football league, then by all means take Culpepper. End of story. And no I don't think the Phins have what it takes this year. They are overhyped as is their new QB acquisition.

feelthepain said:
Obviously you don't get the sarcasm. Let me ask you this,could that Pats have won those three SB's without an Oline?? Or Dfense?? Or ST or coaching?? Ofcourse not. Your problem is you're not willing to give any other player or coach on the Pats team credit for the success in NE. I think you're the one that doesn't get it. Brady didn't win three SB's. The Patriots won three SB with Bradys help, just like Brady won three SB's with the Patriots help. His play is not the play of legends, it's the play of a guy who understands his roll on a "TEAM" and he plays his roll. Thats not a knock on Tom it's a credit to the team.

And since it was a team the won those three SB's who is resposible for putting that team together?? In the end it was the Owner and the players and the coaches and the Fans that helped each other win a SB so while Brady was the QB, I'll promise you he wouldn't have led the Cardinals to those SB's. I'm sure ther are 15 QB's in the league that could have won three SB's with the Pats.

Somebody please go to a Fins fan site and announce that 15 Qbs could have put up the exact same numbers that Dan Marino put up in his career, if they were only on the same team!

Feel the love!

boyz will be boyz?

Time to tone things down - cool the testosterone boys. This started out as a pretty good intellectual GUESS about how the AFCE looks. Now it has turned into a "My QB can beat up your QB with a hand tied behind his back". At this rate it will soon be a Jerry Springer show / chair throwing , shouting match. Hey, I can do that with my WIFE. But I can't talk FOOTBALL with her so thats why I am here now. I LIKE that Fish fans come here. Makes it more interesting and I hear some things about their team that I didn't know - as I sure am hell not going to read any of their newpaper reports about them.
But it doesn't advance anything on either side when we start comparing individual players vs. one another as this is not BOXING. It is a TEAM sport and coaching is also vital (more so than in other major sports).
I think Fish fans have a right to be confident - they have ended the last half of the season on a positive note, they have a decent coach for a change instead of Dave Wannabee, and they have an upgrade of QB as that has been a weak link for many years. If I was a Fish fan - I would be positively jumping for joy - that maybe the coaching staff won't be squandering their talent like it has been for years. Are they yet at the level of the PATS ?, don't think so / sure doesn't look like it on paper- but thats why we play the game on Sundays. Still with their easy schedule - baring major injuries I see them possibly competing for a wild card. Still with a tough AFC they will need help. My picks:
NE: 12-4 (would be fun for a change to blowout some teams - we could have a great offense soon -WR's please stay healthy)
MIA: 9 - 7 (could beat some decent teams - but still lots of changes means 1-2 years away from prime time)
Jets: 6-10 (rebuilding mode, learning new system, plus big ?? at QB)
Buf : 4-12 (going in the wrong direction - declining every year of late - reminds me of the Pete Carroll years )

PEACE!

Last edited:
SunnyDenmark said:
Time to tone things down - cool the testosterone boys. This started out as a pretty good intellectual GUESS about how the AFCE looks. Now it has turned into a "My QB can beat up your QB with a hand tied behind his back". At this rate it will soon be a Jerry Springer show / chair throwing , shouting match. Hey, I can do that with my WIFE. But I can't talk FOOTBALL with her so thats why I am here now. I LIKE that Fish fans come here. Makes it more interesting and I hear some things about their team that I didn't know - as I sure am hell not going to read any of their newpaper reports about them.
But it doesn't advance anything on either side when we start comparing individual players vs. one another as this is not BOXING. It is a TEAM sport and coaching is also vital (more so than in other major sports).
I think Fish fans have a right to be confident - they have ended the last half of the season on a positive note, they have a decent coach for a change instead of Dave Wannabee, and they have an upgrade of QB as that has been a weak link for many years. If I was a Fish fan - I would be positively jumping for joy - that maybe the coaching staff won't be squandering their talent like it has been for years. Are they yet at the level of the PATS ?, don't think so / sure doesn't look like it on paper- but thats why we play the game on Sundays. Still with their easy schedule - baring major injuries I see them possibly competing for a wild card. Still with a tough AFC they will need help. My picks:
NE: 12-4 (would be fun for a change to blowout some teams - we could have a great offense soon -WR's please stay healthy)
MIA: 9 - 7 (could beat some decent teams - but still lots of changes means 1-2 years away from prime time)
Jets: 6-10 (rebuilding mode, learning new system, plus big ?? at QB)
Buf : 4-12 (going in the wrong direction - declining every year of late - reminds me of the Pete Carroll years )

PEACE!

Good post, I don't agree with everything, but it wasn't full of ignorant hate...refreshing. I also understand what you mean about comparing players, but I though I would put up Daunte and Bradys #'s I think you'll find them very interesting. For the Pat fans that think Brady is the only reason for the SB victories, Let the excuses fly:

Culpepper:

1999 Minnesota Vikings 1 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
2000 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 474 297 62.7 3937 8.31 78 33 16 34/181 56 13 98.0
2001 Minnesota Vikings 11 11 366 235 64.2 2612 7.14 57 14 13 33/186 34 5 83.3
2002 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 549 333 60.7 3853 7.02 61 18 23 47/244 48 9 75.3
2003 Minnesota Vikings 14 14 454 295 65.0 3479 7.66 59 25 11 37/196 41 10 96.4
2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 548 379 69.2 4717 8.61 82 39 11 46/238 63 18 110.9
2005 Minnesota Vikings 7 7 216 139 64.4 1564 7.24 68 6 12 31/169 16 2 72.0
TOTAL 81 80 2607 1678 64.4 20162 7.73 82 135 86 228/1214 258 57 91.5

Rushing:

1999 Minnesota Vikings 1 0 3 6 2.0 9 0 0 1
2000 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 89 470 5.3 27 7 5 36
2001 Minnesota Vikings 11 11 71 416 5.9 34 5 3 31
2002 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 106 609 5.7 38 10 4 46
2003 Minnesota Vikings 14 14 73 422 5.8 42 4 1 28
2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 88 406 4.6 16 2 0 32
2005 Minnesota Vikings 7 7 24 147 6.1 18 1 0 11
TOTAL 81 80 454 2476 5.5 42 29 13 185

Brady:

2000 New England Patriots 1 0 3 1 33.3 6 2.00 6 0 0 0/0 0 0 42.4
2001 New England Patriots 15 14 413 264 63.9 2843 6.88 91 18 12 41/216 32 6 86.5
2002 New England Patriots 16 16 601 373 62.1 3764 6.26 49 28 14 31/190 37 3 85.7
2003 New England Patriots 16 16 527 317 60.2 3620 6.87 82 23 12 32/219 44 8 85.9
2004 New England Patriots 16 16 474 288 60.8 3692 7.79 50 28 14 26/162 52 10 92.6
2005 New England Patriots 16 16 530 334 63.0 4110 7.75 71 26 14 26/188 59 9 92.3
TOTAL 80 78 2548 1577 61.9 18035 7.08 91 123 66 156/975 224 36 88.5

RUSHING:

2000 New England Patriots 1 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0
2001 New England Patriots 15 14 36 43 1.2 12 0 0 7
2002 New England Patriots 16 16 42 110 2.6 15 1 0 20
2003 New England Patriots 16 16 42 63 1.5 11 1 0 11
2004 New England Patriots 16 16 43 28 0.7 10 0 0 12
2005 New England Patriots 16 16 27 89 3.3 15 1 0 16
TOTAL 80 78 190 333 1.8 15 3 0 66

The reason I bring in the numbers is to show that some Pat fans here seem to be a bit mislead or they just don't know the facts. Well here they are. If you look at all the numbers Brady and Culpepper are very close, some #'s favor Brady, but Culpepper has more impressive numbers. Brady has one less game and more then 2000 less passing yards. TD/INT # between the two are nearly the same. Daunte has a career QB rating of 91.5 while Bradys is 88.5. There is also the matter of rushing yrds. Brady has 190 att. for 333 yrds an avg of 1.8 ypc. Culpepper has 454 att. for 2456 an avg of 5.4 ypc. As if that weren't enough look at the teams and coach Culpepper had and look at the teams and coach Brady had.

I read some of the Pat fans posts here and you guys post like Brady is a god and all the teams success is is because of Brady, well I've shown you Daunte's numbers and they are better then Toms with far less talent overall. Culpepper doesn't have three SB rings because he didn't have the team, coaching staff and owner that Tom Brady and the Pats do. I would think you Pats fans would know all of this already, but you post like you don't care about what the Pats have done as a TEAM!!!! It's all about Brady.

A little advise here, you will not win 3 SB's in 4 years every decade, and you should learn to appreciate what you've been blessed with. A TEAM that dominated, rather then acting like it's your right to be this lucky. In other words try a little slice of humble pie, it's far more becoming. We as Fin fans understand Daunte had less then impressive #'s last year, but those #'s were added to his overall #'s and Culpepper still has better numbers then Brady. We also know he has a knee injury to overcome, as of right now Culpepper plans on playing games during the preason and he plans on being on the field when the season starts. If Daunte goes down then Hrrington was signed as depth, and oh BTW, Harrington has far more experience and better numbers then anything the Pats have on their depth chart if Brady goes down.

My list of 15 QB's that could have lead the Pats to three SB's with the same exact team coaching staff and situations Brady had.

1) Carson Palmer
2) Ben Roethlisberger
3) Donavan McNabb
4) Drew Brees
5) Trent Green
6) Steve McNair
7) Marc Bolger
8) Brad Johnson
9) Bret Favre
10) Peyton Manning
11)Jake Plummer
12) Jake Delhome
13)Byron Leftwich
14)Daunte Culpepper
15)Matt Hasselbeck

I'm sure some will disagree, after all no one is better then Brady (Pat fans opinion only), but they don't have to be. They just need to, in the immortal words of BB, "Do their job"!! Thats exactly what Brady does. His numbers aren't spectacular and will never reach what Marino, Favre and Elway did because Brady isn't a gun slinger he's a a "keep the chains moving" type of QB and isn't any QB on the list above capable of doing that?? This is not a knock on Brady or what he's done. Afterall the guy is a very smart QB his contribution the success of the Pats was no less important then anyone elses, it's more of a testement to BB and the system he installed.

Last edited:
FTP,
I realize you love your team and you're excited about the idea of having a real QB for the first time since you know who. That's what the offseason is for, and why should we want to put a damper on your enthusiasm? Go back to your home board and celebrate the offseason with your fellow 'phins fans. But you are becoming nothing more than a troll. Let's wait till Daunte actually plays a game before putting him in the Dolphin Hall of Fame. C'mon, kid.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes