Welcome to PatsFans.com

Homosexuals brainwashing kids in Elementary Schools

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

This stuff has no business in our public schools. To force this agenda on a 7 year old is disturbing. I don't care what you teach your child at home, or do in your own private time, but to force this crap on kids is appalling and unacceptable. I don't want them teaching religion, and I don't want them teaching this gay agenda stuff. I don't want them telling kids to do drugs, or to masturbate, or to get abortions if they impregnate their girlfriends. The education system in this country has been hijacked by radicals. We need vouchers ASAP. Imagine if that were a bible that woman was holding. A Quran? This is troubling.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

It's a progressive Quaker school. Parents can choose or not choose to send their kids there. The school teaches and encourages tolerance and respect. I imagine they also have programs to promote respect for other cultures as well, including their own Christian culture. I don't see what the issue is. Homosexuality is not a choice; it is a biological state. If it was a choice, it would mean you could choose to be gay any time you wanted. Do you think you could?
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Funny how the video makes you think it's happening in a public school.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

funny how the original poster fully admits there's "no reason to post this", then presents the slant anyway...
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

Sure, it doesn't happen in a public school right? Maybethat school wasn't public, I don't know, but look up King and King, lexington MA.
  7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Duh....was there a reason to post the Falwell article or the Christian spanking sect article?
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

It doesn't happen in public schools though.

Parents rip school over gay storybook

Lesson reignites clash in Lexington

By Tracy Jan, Globe Staff | April 20, 2006

In a controversy with a familiar ring, parents of a Lexington second-grader are protesting that their son's teacher read a fairy tale about gay marriage to the class without warning parents first.

The teacher at Joseph Estabrook Elementary School used the children's book, ''King & King," as part of a lesson about different types of weddings. A prince marries another prince instead of a princess in the book, which was on the American Library Association's list of the 10 most challenged books in 2004 because of its homosexual theme.

''My son is only 7 years old," said Lexington parent Robin Wirthlin, who complained to the school system last month and will meet with the superintendent next week. ''By presenting this kind of issue at such a young age, they're trying to indoctrinate our children. They're intentionally presenting this as a norm, and it's not a value that our family supports."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/04/20/parents_rip_school_over_gay_storybook/
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

So, RW, are only Christian heterosexual relationships suitable for kids to learn about? Schools shouldn't teach kids about the real world? How about interracial marriage, too? Would you oppose a fairy tail about that?
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the difference being those posters didn't declare the pointlessness in their own offering... "duh"
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Falwell was an extremely important part of the Christian right, a major political force that helped get people like Bush elected.

The spanking article probably should have been labeled OT, but it was harmless. I don't think anyone would make a generalization about Christians based on that.

At any rate, in this era when enemy number 1 is a religious nut (OBL), there is an important political message in threads that point out we have some religious nuts as well. If someone makes a negative generalization about Christians, we would probably close the thread, as we have done in the past.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If you did that, you'd have to do that for Muslims as well, and then you'd be spending all your time closing every thread Harry posts on. Careful, Patters.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Kids don't need to learn about marriage. The word "Parents" will do. They need to play more and learn more about nutrition, science and history. Society will take care of screwing their lives up and becoming miserable. If the kid is gay, he'll be attracted to boys. If he isn't, he'll like girls. If you're a good parent, you'll teach the value of every life and you'll know that a kid can't be "made gay" by knowing about it any more than he can be made tall or black by watching the NBA. Like Frankie says...relax!
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  14. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

gee, i think kids should learn about sodomy, how to pass a urine test just after using heroin, that Christmas is a mean holiday, and how to bypass immigration laws ;)
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You think homosexuality is a choice or a crime? I said nothing about teaching them about any sexuality. In fact I said the opposite.

Is today opposite day?
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I have closed threads, as you know. As long as someone modifies the noun ("some Muslims," "most Christians"), then it's okay. Again, the main aim here is to prevent complaints that cost Patsfans.Com members.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Kids are sure to learn about relationships if they read stories. Love, respect, and tolerance are all important parts of abstract thinking.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Sure...at home where their parents can monitor what they read if that's their choice. We're talking about grammar school kids. Reading, writing, math, science, history. That'll do for that age bracket. Abstract thinking can be sufficiently instilled with these subjects. Adult relationships OF ANY KIND are inappropriate for little ones.
    Why does everyone want kids to be like grownups? Kids sure as hell don't want it.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

I don't speak of Muslims in general I speak of "MUSLIM TERRORIST" I know most Liberals try to make believe they don't exist but "They're Out There" soon you will be hearing from them, again.

I would like to say this though, "why are the good ones so silent on the actions of the bad ones"?
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Reading will include fairy tails and novels among the children's books.

I lived in Norway for several years, where childhood curiosity was fostered, and I am certain kids there today certainly read stories with gay characters. But, what struck me about Norway was that the way kids played reminded me of my own childhood, with their innocence and wonder. They remained children and were not nearly as exposed to things as kids are today through tv and the internet. Children's books are not a problem. Lazy parents and our neurotic society is.

Here, if there's one crime in the city, parents keep their kids locked up and teach them to fear strangers. I would never pat a kid on the head or even talk to a kid because in too many perverted minds people would think the worst of such activities. I'll never forget in Norway riding a double decker bus with my colleague's families up to Geilo, Norway. During the whole bumpy ride along windy roads, little kids played on the stairway. It made me and my spouse so nervous, we had to move so we couldn't watch them. The kids did fine. They never fell. If it had been America, they would have been strapped in place for fear of lawsuits, which surely would have happened.

Exposing a kid to a relationship has nothing to do with protecting their innocence. Children learn at a young age about princes, princesses, kings, and queens. Next thing you know parents are going to object to Black Beauty and Bambi for fear kids will learn about bestiality.