Welcome to PatsFans.com

Homosexual Marriage & CERTAIN Voters

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Demonstators who support "Gay Marriage" including many Movie Stars are out Picketing "White Churches" are they also Demonstrating in front of "Minority Churches" if not, why not, read below.

News:
    LOS ANGELES, Nov. 8 (UPI) -- Black voters in California who supported Barack Obama for president voted overwhelmingly to ban same-sex marriage in the state, say election analysts.

Exit polls in California suggested black voters favored Proposition 8 -- which called for banning same-sex marriage -- by a ratio of more than 2 to 1, The New York Times (NYSE:NYT) reported Saturday.
    Black vote helped gay marriage ban - UPI.com

WHY DON'T THE GAY MARRIAGE SUPPORTERS DEMONSTRATE IN FRONT OF BLACK CHURCHES, IT'S THE "SAME GOD & JESUS" THAT THEY ARE DEMONSTRATING AGAINST------:confused:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree with you on this one, Boy.

They addressed this on Real Time last week. It is a never-covered issue and I don't get it. Many were blaming the churches but one guy pointed out that it was the churches that were the birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement...so why don't they support the civil rights of gay people? It is a huge issue that minorities (Hispanics voted against gay marriage as well) need to get a grip on if they don't want to be hippocrits, which they are as this vote showed. Undeniably, black and brown people (as a group) need to explain themselves on this weird contradiction of values.

3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

The first and the big thing is, it's "POLITICALLY INCORRECT" to demonstrate against a Black Church for anything (double standard again)

And yes, the Black Community is beginning to show their hypocrisy, first with the Back Stabbing they did to their beloved Brother & Sister (Clintons) and now they Vote Against "FREEDOM JUSTICE & EQUALITY" for another opressed minority group, The Gay Community.

Why does the Media cover for these hypocrits (double standard again)

Where are the crys of outrage from the MTV/Hollywood types against the Black & Hispanic Community for their Homophobic Voting Practices, why are they so eager to trash White Churches but give Black Churches a Free Pass (double standard again)

F-cking Phony's.

4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

ok, Im the first to say I am totally against scapegoating Homosexuals. There is plenty of Sin to go around and this Christian cannot stand the constant focus on it.

That being said, its not hypocrisy for a Black Christian to be against same sex marriage.

Homosexuality is a Sin. Yes, yes, as is heterosexual fornication etc etc but if you are living by the Bible, there is nothing in there that indicates Marriage is covenant between a guy and a guy.

its really apples and oranges. one is an issue about marriage and the other is an issue about slavery. So i dont get where you take the leap to "hypocrisy"

undue focus yes, not hypocrisy.

Now if people were keeping homosexuals from voting, or were making them slaves, or not allowing them the same access to jobs, healthcare etc.... now we can talk about hypocrisy. And i would hope these same Black Christians would have no issue with equal protection laws or civil unions.

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sounds like you could have said this in 1960 and been talking about a black man marrying a white woman.:(

White Christians who voted on this don't follow the Bible?

So blacks are better "Christians than whites? Not picking on you...just saying.

By the way, Bill Maher and his "liberal" friends gave black voters a pass on this. One panelist spoke against this racial discrepency, but Maher and the rest didn't want to "touch" it.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 12 / -11

The answer to this is easy:
    (1) Black churches are not monolithic in their opposition to gay marriage. Many prominent black church leaders have come out in favor of gay marriage
    (2) The black community is fairly receptive to arguments about gay rights and can thus be educated as to the issues. Gay leaders think outreach will be more effective than picketing in the case of black churches.
    (3) The Mormon Church, which is the main one that gays are picketing, is not receptive to change on this issue and is a leading funder of the anti-gay movement in California. Outreach won't be effective, but picketing them to draw attention to their own odd ways might expose some of their hypocrisy.

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The homosex lobby will never picket black churches. The "gay" lobby has been using blacks as their slaves, saying how blacks were mistreated for 350 years in America "is the same" as how homosexuals have been mistreated. The only difference being: nobody can change the color of their skin, but EVERYBODY chooses with whom they fall in love and/or have sex with. Nobody can force anyone to have sex with someone against their own free will, except in the case of rape. And homosexuals almost never complain about being raped. So they choose to do it, by their free will. Free choice vs. born with a certain skin shade = absolutely NO comparison. Zero equivalence.

The homosexual lobby has played the comparison to racial minorities very cleverly for many years, but now real blacks are getting a little tired of being used this way, and they voted NO on legalizing same-sex marriages. Good for them!!

//

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 14 / -28

Any sources for your fantasy???

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Your right, I may have said that all wrong of course the Black Community has the right to vote however they choose but much of the hypocrisy and phoniness I was speaking about was directed at the Cowardly Phony Left Wing Anti Christian Demonstrators who are screaming and yelling in front of All The White Churches but give the Black Churches a "FREE PASS" and it was the Blacks & Hispanics who played the large part in the defeat of the Homosexuals, WHY DON'T THE DOUBLE STANDARD PHONY POLITICALLY CORRECT LEFT WING LOONS DEMONSTARTE IN FRONT OF A BLACK CHURCH, it was the Black Community that did them in (72% of the anti homosexual vote casted by Black & Hispanic)

F-CKING RACIST BASTARDS

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sources for what "fantasy"????

It's all true. Every word. Gays have been piggey-backing on the mistreatment of blacks in an attempt to garner sympathy and cheap love from those who don't practice that life style. We see even here on this list.

Most blacks are hip to this scam and are none too pleased with it. If you REALLY want to see how black people feel about homosex, go to Africa and ask around in Kenya, Ghana, outside the big cities of South Africa, anywhere on the continent. They hate it.

//

11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

flawed logic. Because you are assuming that the Whites who used the Bible to justify being against Whites marrying blacks were following the Bible correctly, which they werent. They were, as we would say, plucking out verses instead of reading the entire idea, to suit our needs, which is a dangerous thing.

Again, its apples and oranges. Equality, the idea that everyone is equal before God, is a Biblical principle. Therefore, no Black, or Jew, or Homosexual, should be discriminated against when it comes to civil rights, equal pay, equal access etc..

However, marriage isnt a "right" to a person who is following the Bible. Its a covenant between a man and a woman. Marraige between people of the same sex is not mentioned in the Bible. So it would make sense that people who follow the Bible would be against it.

Again, me personally, i think there are bigger fish to fry in this world and i think conservatives use this issue to motivate people politically, when there is enough sin in their own lives they should be dealing with.

But im just giving the arguement why it is not hypocritical for a Black Christian to be against Gay marriage. That doesnt make them "better" than White Christians because dont they both take the same stance on this issue?

Again, if the Blacks saw nothing wrong in keeping Homosexuals from voting, or deny them housing, or discriminating in the workforce, then that would be hypocritical

12. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

What I think a lot of folks are missing is while a large number of blacks voted for prop 8 the black churches were not active in supporting it. Yes some black Revs in their sunday sermons spoke out against homosexuality. Some others preached allowing all to have the civil rights and invoked the case of Loving.

But it wasn't a major issue in the black churches. It wasn't the African-American Obama supporters paying for the prop 8 advertising.

So the GLB community has less reason to be angry at AA Obama supporters than those who were actively campaigning for prop 8.

Plus the GLB community may feel they have a better chance at changing the minds of the AA community by comparing their situation to Loving.

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What do alcoholics have to do with this?

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

MY logic?....FLAWED?!
    Look. I could care less how blacks feel about gays or why. I'm a white heterosexual, and I only have one gay friend, and he could care less, too. What matters is that gays are treated differently than all other Americans. Also, I could care less what the Bible says about anything, much less what I should think about gays.

Mormons have no right or basis in history to be telling other Americans how to conduct their personal lives and the Holy Roman Freaking Catholic Church has even less business preaching about what is right and wrong. ...and that's what it's about, right? So what business does the government - federal, state or local -have in telling consenting adults how or who to love, have families, and manage their personal affairs. I think that you'd agree that it's a matter of human decency and Constitutional protection to grant all adults the ability and freedom to do what they please with any other consenting adult...period.

As far as "plucking" things from the Bible, here's a few that the gay-haters use for ammo:

Leviticus 18:6 reads: "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It is an abomination." A similar verse occurs two chapters later, in Leviticus 20:13: "A man who sleeps with another man is an abomination and should be executed."

In Romans 1:26-27 the apostle Paul describes non-Jewish women who exchange "natural use for unnatural" and non-Jewish men who "leave the natural use of women, working shame with each other."

There's plenty of other crap in the Bible that can be used by some people to put down their fello human beings (not all of the Bible is crap, but some of it is):

DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
    If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
    DEUTERONOMY 22:22
    If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
    MARK 10:1-12
    Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
    LEVITICUS 18:19
    The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
    MARK 12:18-27
    If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
    DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
    If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree 100%........

16. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I have trouble with a bible that's punishment for homosexuality or adultery is death, but is a proponent of slavery.

17. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Me too.
    It's like a book on free market systems quoting Marx or a Democratic Senator campaigning for a Republican nominee.

18. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Wait a minute!

According to certain knowledegable posters here on this board, it is only the Qoran that preaches these barbaric, violent acts and not the Bible.

Could it be?

That they are just blowing smoke, spewing ignorant venom, without having read either one?

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 14 / -28

Everyone does not know it, once again your fogic has no veracity.. the reality is in California, the black churches were not picketed as they have no political or financial power.. they have influence, but are not about to raise tons of money for a media blitz.. once again your argument is based on conjecture and you inability to validate your argument renders it useless.

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I know. The silence is deafening.....
    I read lots of books. I was forced to read the Bible in school when I could have been reading Greek philosophy or physics, but NOOOOO! Oh, well...that's history. Point is, people often talk out of their arse when quoting the Bible as if they've been handed a sheet of talking points for every social situation. Gays?...refer to sheet G. Crime and punishment? Refer to sheet R. War? Refer to sheet X.

Not talking to you, Lifr. I get your meaning. I just think it's a bit apologistic (sic).