Welcome to PatsFans.com

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Born_a_Patriot, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

If you look up "homophobia" in the dictionary, it will probably tell you that it is the fear of homosexuals.

While many would take issue with that definition, it is nevertheless true that in many ways, it really is a fear of homosexuality or at least homosexuals, as we will see in this essay.

Homophobia is widespread in America, far more widespread than most heterosexuals realize, and it is far more subtle, too. The discrimination it inspires touches the lives of many Americans, not just gay Americans, but all Americans. And America pays a very dear price for it as we shall see.

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

Homophobia runs rampant in America's minority communities but nobody likes to talk about it. "shhhhhhhhh"

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fear of committing sin and crime is a perfectly healthy emotion, and hating that sin and crime is equally healthy and normal. Only fools try to act like they are "not afraid" of sin and evil and crime.

Remember that and a person has a chance in life; forget it and a person will only repeat the same old mistakes of the past. Hell continues, Satan dances and God suffers more.

Just say "No" to sin and evil.

//

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

There is no Satan, there is no hell.... and God does not suffer...

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Last time I checked
    this was the "POLITICAL FORUM" ...

Not the Dr. Ruth forum.
    [​IMG]

BTW... Dr. Ruth was asked about Mangini:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  6. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

At this moment this topic has become a political issue.​

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're wrong on all three counts. At least read Anthony Borgia, "Life in the World Unseen", Carl Wickland's "Thirty Years Among the Dead", and Emanual Swedenborg. Then read the "Divine Principle" and "Exposition of the Principle". Stick with original sources. No Cliff Notes or 3rd party "interpretations" will ever do anyone any justice.

Then get back to me.

//

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Like you ever read any of the things I suggest. ... You're so utterly self-important.

I don't have to read your silliness, and I don't have to get back to you... I simply disagree with you entirely... And that will never change... None of those authors know any better than you or I. None of them.

Hell is a conjured up setting by a theocratic belief system from centuries ago made to keep people under control and in line...

The God I believe in is much more loving and accepting than your old testament version, Fog... Sorry...

9. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Praise be to Fog! :rolleyes:

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Suit yourself. We'll get to see clearly eventually. You can't say I never tried to help you. And I did check out that site you gave on Ruppert, even stayed through a half hour of his lecture, though I still don't know where he is going with it all, except to scare the hell out of people.

Anyhow, Borgia, Wickland, and Swedenborg are not my creations. They've each been around for decades, centuries in Swedenborg's case. You can ignore them, but why?? I made an assertion based not just on my own subjective feeling but backed up with the observations of others. Surely on the matter of God and Satan, Heaven and Hell, and our eternal lives, we had better be as sure as we can be. "There is no freedom in ignorance". Ignorance is NOT bliss.

//

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Advocacy against globalist repression requires some endpoint destination beyond spreading awareness? The man sources his work impeccably, and his roadmap is beyond reproach... Regardless, reading a few shorts on his website is not reading his 690-page book. ...

Regardless, your kind of "help" is not what I'm looking for... We are ideological opposites, so don't act surprised when I don't buy your advice. ... The difference is, I don't act like my spiritual belief system needs to be thrust down anyone throat in the form of "help," nor do I care or act superior when anyone doesn't buy into my spiritual belief system.

When anyone returns from hell with video proof, then perhaps I'll consider it. Until then, I won't be worrying about damnation just because I don't hate gay people "properly."

Anyhow, back to the topic of rampant homophobia...

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, so it's videos you want!!! Why didn't you say so earlier!! Try "What Dreams May Come", with Robin Williams, and also "Ghost" with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze.

What's a couple of hours? You've got nothing to lose.

//

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +356 / 15 / -12

My liberal evangelical friend pointed out that religious conservatives tend to attack what they are not. The bible puts vastly more emphasis on the seven deadly sins, that include things like greed and gluttony, but these religious frauds like the Reverend Moon, Pat Robertson, and others don't fuss with such things because it would affect them personally. When religious people condemn homosexuality it's because they are either closet cases (which must be the case for those who believe they can choose to be gay if they so wanted) or because it's a distraction from their own sins.

14. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

That's pretty much the absurdity of all religions. They are reliant on these enormous, contradictory texts designed so that people can manipulate and pick and choose from them to fit their agenda.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Was this some kind of joke? Or do you honestly believe those two awful films were some kind of proof of Hell?

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

One of the biggest problems I have with the very religious of all faiths. It's one thing to keep one's faith to themsleves ... but when the wealthy amongst us preach right and wrong without living right and wrong in my eyes they are merely religious pimps for their own greed. I won't ever believe that God chooses wealth for righteous people.

17. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then you get confused trying to figure out whether you're destined to fry, head straight to Heaven, or if you're doomed to rot in limbo for all of eternity:cool:

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Like the tax code.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

I'd rather have sex with my dead moose than Dr Ruthie, I said to my Pastor one day "who the hell would want to copulate with Dr Ruth" he said "her husband".

Joe Windbag Biden over there----------------------------> :bricks:

20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Yeah but I doubt she wants to have sex with you either, what with the whiskey-dick and all.

• Like Like x 1