PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Homer Simpson 'is a true Catholic'

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Homer Simpson 'is a true Catholic' - Telegraph

The long-running cartoon series explores issues such as family, community, education and religion in a way that few other popular television programmes can match, according to L'Osservatore Romano, the Vatican's daily broadsheet.

The newspaper acknowledged that Homer snores through the sermons of the Reverend Lovejoy and inflicts "never-ending humiliation" on his evangelical neighbour, Ned Flanders.
But in an article headlined "Homer and Bart are Catholics", the newspaper said: "The Simpsons are among the few TV programmes for children in which Christian faith, religion, and questions about God are recurrent themes."

The family "recites prayers before meals and, in their own peculiar way, believes in the life thereafter".

Who woulda' thunk it???

Last edited:
Well he doesn't act like one. The way he acts with his kids and drinks beer and all of that. Sorry just IMHO!

Reminds me of back in the day.. when they did a thing on the Gospel according to Snoopy.. people have too much time on their hands..

I don't think Homer has enough of the residual guilt complex to be one; I last went to Mass 30 years ago, but some things stick with you... :p

Well Homer is funny. Though a bit crude. Sorry just don't think that he is, the father and husband he needs to be.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back