PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Homer-phobes: Who are your OTHER favourite teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish the bills were in another division or the NFC . they are on team i hope wins it all one day but with the same divison as the pats its hard to root for them to win.

I'd like to see the Cardinals go to a Super Bowl, where of course they'd be handily defeated by the Pats. I also don't mind the Bengals, I love Chad Johnson's antics (though I'm glad he's not a Patriot when he does them) other than that I'm either indifferent or I hate the team. I kinda half root for the Cowboys because they're my brother's team.

Kidding! I've always had a soft spot for Detroit, for some reason.
He too, although I think it's from all those years on Thanksgiving and all the years of losing since the 50's make me want to pull for them also.
With that I must say Ford may be a good guy but he is one lousy owner.

Hey guy. I love the Pat's, they are my favourite team, no question.

I also love football, as I presume many of you do. DO you have another team you secretly root for, so long as they aren't playing the Pat's?

So anyone else got the balls to talk about other teams they like?

I root for whichever team i take in the football pool but that changes week to week, i also like the Browns but i'll hate them if they are playing the Patriots.

If not the Pats, I'd like to see the Browns or Saints win

Patriots are always going to be #1 in my book, but because I live in the desert we call Arizona I like to cheer for the Cardinals, but that usually ends after about game 2 or 3 when I see that the team has once again done nothing to better itself.

I follow the Panthers a bit since I live in North Carolina and generally root for them when they are not playing the Pats. I think it would be pretty cool to see another Pats-Cats Super Bowl (the first one took place before we moved here.)

I don't have any emotional investment in them though - and I wish their star players were more charismatic - I know not every team can have a Brady and a Bruschi but Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith? Puhleeze. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I root for Cleveland because of Romeo and also like the Chiefs. In the NFC, the only team I like are the Vikings.

I enjoy watching and rooting for Green Bay mostly because my grandfather, who got me into football in the first place, was a Packers fan. He knew a lot of players from that era as there were a few local boys on the Packers in the 1950's and 1960's.

Other than that, I will root for Cleveland (Romeo) and Detroit (no real reason). I used to like Jacksonville in the Brunnell-Taylor-Smith-McCardell days. They were a lot of fun to watch.

So anyone else got the balls to talk about other teams they like?
Wow, you must be a big strong he-man to talk like that. Do you lift weights? Like gladiator movies?

Watch your local high school team.

Wow, you must be a big strong he-man to talk like that. Do you lift weights? Like gladiator movies?

:cool:

Nope, you're thinking of that Raffy guy. I just figured I was going out on more of a limb talking about liking any other teams here with the extreme homerism.

I lift weights and i'm strong. whos asking?:cool:

I've liked the Browns since they brought back the team around 2000.

When I was real young I liked the Eagles a lot. I don't care for them very much anymore however.

not many like the vikings....whats up w/ that? Im a huge patriots fan but my second fav team that i route for unless of course theyre playing the pats are the vikings. I love watchin adrian peterson. Hes my fav running back besides prob maroney. and for some strange reason i like derek anderson too. they're defense is great at stopping the run too. which makes them a team on the rise. once they get a real weapon at reciever no one will be able to stop them offensively.

I've always had a soft spot for Detroit, for some reason.

Same here, because my brother has a friend from Detroit.

Also, the Chiefs because they are my brothers team. But I won't be in a fortnight!

I've been a closet Vikings fan for a long time. The old Tony Dungy defenses starring Chris Doleman were some of the nastiest I've seen. They've also had some great offensive players: Moon, Chris Carter, Anthony Carter, Robert Smith, Randall Cunningham, Culpepper in his prime, Leroy Hoard, Randy Moss, and Adrian Peterson. Throw in stuff like Jim Macmahon, the boat cruise, the Onterrio "steal of the draft" Smith whizzinator, and they certainly were never boring.

Except for some incredibly bad luck and poor timing, they would most likely have been SB champs in '98.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back