PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Homer-phobes: Who are your OTHER favourite teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hey guy. I love the Pat's, they are my favourite team, no question.

I also love football, as I presume many of you do. DO you have another team you secretly root for, so long as they aren't playing the Pat's? Maybe a hometown fave or a current home to a beloved player (if you say the Jets, though, you must be killed). :cool:

Anyway, just curious. I used to like the Bengals as a side-project, but it seems like they keep p!ssing away games, even with reasonable talent. I'd love to see Carson play for a better team. If Brady ever got sidelined long-term or retired early (which I think he will), I'd love to see Palmer in a flying elvis.

If they face-off on the field, of course, I simply can't root against our boys. And that said, they're starting to be hard to like. How do you suck that bad when your aerial attack SHOULD be amazing?

*sigh*

So anyone else got the balls to talk about other teams they like?

I'll root for Cleveland because of Romeo, and I'll root for Green Bay because their fans are pretty damn nice.

My parents are from Chicago and so most of my relatives are Bears fans. Eventhough in the past 10 years or so they love to give me grief, they are good fans and loyal to their team plus usually have some pretty fun players to follow so I would have to go with the Chicago Bears

I've adopted the Falcons this season, with Dimitroff. I also root for the Titans and Texans because of a Houston connection.

Other than that I root for players I like.

I used to like Kiwanuka, but now I can't stand the Giants, so I've cut bait.

I kinda like the Seahawks on the side. Having said that, I seriously only cheer for one team - The Pats and whoever is playing the Colts, Jets, Chargers and Broncos.

The Jets.

Kidding! I've always had a soft spot for Detroit, for some reason.

I always respected the hell out of John Riggins and the hogs when I was a kid (well,in my early 20s then) and I thought Joe Gibbs was the smartest coach on the planet in his time,so I guess I will say the Redskins are the team I most respect of all the others and if our team would falter I would hope the Skins would take over as a playoff hopeful - even though its not the 80s anymore.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as an other favorite team for me, at all.

As far as rooting for other teams though, I always pull for who's win would better benefit the Pats. If the game has no effect on us, I'll root for the better story.

I think most around here pull for Cleveland due to Romeo.

Me I always chose one NFC team every year to route for. I usually pick a team that I think is on the rise and route for them. I have had some success too. I selected the Cardinals in 99 or 98 when the Jake Plummer lead Cardinals actually made the playoffs. I had picked Seatle for a few years and they were getting better I jumped ship the year they made the bowl though. I was big on the 49ers before everyone else was Gore's first year and I wisely jumped off last year.

This years sleeper was going to be the Vikings but too many people are on them. So I have decided that this year it will be Detroit. I like their draft for once and had a few nice pick ups and dumped some old trash. Normally when I select a sleeper I at least think they may make the playoffs, I don't neccessarily think the Lions will but I think they will be much improved (carry last years start to the season a little further).

I've always had a soft spot for Detroit, for some reason.

I have family in Michigan and they spend a lot of time wishing the Lion's were better. I always find they are a team I know less about than I think I should, considering how close by they are to me. The Bills just seem closer. Most people here (in Ontario) pretend to like the Bills (since long before they started playing in TO). Guh.

I think I might be rooting for Aaron Rodgers to show up. No Freshman SB's though, Aaron.

Last edited:
The Giants
The Jets
The Colts

In no particular order

I don't think it requires much in the way of testicular fortitude to say you like another team. I like the Texans, having lived down here in Texas for a while, watching the team develop. They're still light years away from the Patriots, but I took a shine to them because they started building their team the right way, passing on Reggie Bush and building the defensive line. Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye are two personal favorites, they're great to watch, the defense has made great strides overall, and Matt Schaub looks like he could be the real deal at QB, if he can stay healthy. Plus, Andre Johnson is a beast. I'd love to see him in Patriots colors one day.

I'm kinda pulling for Rodgers and the Packers to do well this year just to stick it to Lord Favre. I don't really have a perennial "other" team, nor should I ;)

I used to live im Miami and Washington and used to root for those teams as well....but once wholesale player changes are made its difficult. The skins I still root for at some point....or I can also say I root AGAINST the Giants/Boys/Philly. So now I root for individual players, liking either the older underdog or the spactacular athlete.....Kurt Warner(rooting against pretty boy Lienhart), Pacman, Peterson, Moss(before he came here), Vick(before he broke his leg). And I notice that alot of the super athlete's are headcase diva's, which makes lunchpail types like Vrabel stick out that much more.

I don't have an OTHER favorite teams but, because I live in Jacksonville, I tend to pull for the Jaguars unless they are playing the Pats. By the way, they had a screening of the Jags-Pats divisional playoff from this past year at Jacksonville Municipal (used to be Alltel) Stadium and had my Pats gear on. At first, I was welcomed into the bar at the stadium. Then, Maroney broke a huge run and I cheered too hard. A couple of people told me it would be a good idea to leave.

The Bills......their fans have to put up with Ralph and the possible move to Toronto, the ignominy of having to live with 4 lost SB's in a row.

The Browns......

And every week, I also root for any team playing the Colts, Ravens, Steelers and Chargers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes