Welcome to PatsFans.com

Homeland security, lets see where the money is going and to protect what?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

These cons are doing a good job protecting our country. Our country farms, fairs, popcorn stands, petting zoos.

Brilliant!! I knew the terrorists would probably target the Amish popcorn factory!

:rofl: :rofl:

Unbelievable how in six years we've turned the keys to a once great society over to a bunch of kids and the defense department over to neocon lunatics.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,072 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Hoefully..Ian has the server and database for this site on the list. ;)

4. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Makes perfect sense didn't you know Indiana is the place the terrorists will hit???? Many many targets...

5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

iT IS AMAZING, at least we still have the flashing terror light system they can flash on tv at crucial moments during the election campaign.

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Funny how that hasn't been used since before the 04 election? And these chuckleheads will deny to their dying day that the Rape-ublicans have used terrorism and fear mongering as political weaponry since 911.

That fact adds fuel to the crazy conspiracy nuts who think that the neocons engineered 911 for political gain. Absurd, but eerily convenient donchya think?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The Department of Homeland Security is such a joke. I read Clark Ervin's book "Open Target" and there is instance after instance of incompetence. The most glaring problem with DHS is, the personnel do not want to look bad in order to get their next gig, so they publish reports which highlight the positives rather then focusing on problems with security.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

HS jokes aside, it appears the biggest problem was wholly inconsistent reporting by the states on what they needed money for. Garbage in = garbage out.

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What did you expect when the Fed government created the DHS? What a sarcastic joke! Of course the states would end up grovelling and falling over each other for chunks of cash. States have been doing it for years for highway funding (DOT), schools (DOE), and another bogus war - the "War on Drugs" (DEA). Now there's a new cash cow to milk in Washington DC - "national security". O-O-o-o-o-h! Really important!

Conservative my sphincter! :mad: These retarded traitors wouldn't know what's good for the country if it came up and kicked them. If I were a republican, I d be ashamed to be associated with these freaky little men. I feel like I'm in a nightmare and I'll wake up to find it never happenned.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Agreed. I wish we would just stop all federal spending on that, cut taxes or pay down the debt, and let the states pay for it (yes, state taxes would go up). We could really slow spending if we stopped all the other federal giveaways that congressmen toss into bills and let the states pay for something they really want instead of congressmen getting the feds to pony up for stuff just to show that congressman can bring home the bacon.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  11. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

So National Security is a state issue??? I see you took a good civics class....

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I don't think that protecting individual buildings in a city is a National Security issue. Yes, the Feds should pay for border control and airline control, etc, but they shouldn't pay for the security of, say, a zoo in Kansas.