Welcome to PatsFans.com

Homeland General: Attack 'Could Happen Any Day'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The U.S. military commander in charge of defending the U.S. homeland said Tuesday that he believes there are al-Qaida cells in the United States or people working to create them.

Air Force Gen. Victor "Gene" Renuart said that while the terrorism threat within the nation's boundaries has increased in the past year, officials have strengthened intelligence sharing, particularly in an effort to shore up weaknesses in security at U.S. ports.

"I believe there are cells in the United States, or at least people who aspire to create cells in the United States," Renuart said in an interview with The Associated Press. "To assume that there are not those cells is naive and so we have to take that threat seriously."

He added, "Am I concerned that this will happen this summer, I have to be concerned that it could happen any day."

http://infowars.com/articles/terror/dhs_general_attack_could_happen_any_day.htm
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Go ahead and take it out of context, will you ? :D

I know it's an exact quote of a small piece but the meaning is very different than you suggest. He's saying it's his job to be concerned that it could happen any day.
  3. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Alright, quick, everyone discredit this article and Renuart and say that terrorists don't exsist and lets pretend we know what we are talking about and we live in a perfect utopian society where the biggest problem we face is our booming economy!!!!!! :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +548 / 2 / -9

They're Not All Bad