PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Homefied DISadvantage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't these fans realize the window of opportunity to cheer for HOF is closing? Obviously the fans aren't doing everything they can to help the team win a superbowl.
I hope you are being sarcastic.
Is it the fans fault that the Patriots have only drafted and developed one good wide receiver (Edelman) since the days of Deon
Branch or only signed only two good free agent WRs (Moss and Welker) during the same time frame? Did the fans react to poor
performances by Wendell and Connolly in 2013 by keeping them on the roster and cutting their best offensive lineman, Mankins.Did the fans react to the loss of Scarnecchia by promoting his assistant but only after he had joined Maryland as their line coach?

Over rated. Red shirts, chants, fans standing, they haven't been to a SB since 10

Not to be a Richard

Not to be a Richard, but what good have the red shirts, chanting in unison and standing up during the game done for the Chiefs? They haven't been to a SB since 1967. I realize it's personal preference, but I like my emotion to be revved up by the play on the field not songs, tee shirts being shot into the crowd or anything else the suits in marketing dream up. If I had my way, those nit wits in the revolutionary outfits would be gone. I would however increase the number of cheerleaders.
Loud stadiums mean its tougher for the opposing offense to get the play in and get it off on time. Communication becomes a problem. Opposing teams in KC have had the most false starts and delay of games of anywhere in the NFL from 2013 until now (17). It would be nice if an opposing team had difficulty on a crucial 3rd down getting the play off and possibly moving back 5 yards. Just because they don't have a great team or SBs doesn't mean crowd noise doesn't matter. And, SEA just won the SB last year. They thanked their fans up and down all the time the last few years for creating a great environment for them. It matters.

I hope you are being sarcastic.
Is it the fans fault that the Patriots have only drafted and developed one good wide receiver (Edelman) since the days of Deon
Branch or only signed only two good free agent WRs (Moss and Welker) during the same time frame? Did the fans react to poor
performances by Wendell and Connolly in 2013 by keeping them on the roster and cutting their best offensive lineman, Mankins.Did the fans react to the loss of Scarnecchia by promoting his assistant but only after he had joined Maryland as their line coach?

No not serious...just a criticism of those complaining about the lack of an "all in" approach. I think its pretty clear that this fan base is a fairly demanding lot. I don't think they would really like the aftermath of an "all in" effort.

KC.. was a great crowd, lots of noise, but lose that stupid tomahawk chop.
That was so Atlanta Braves circa 1992. (when the Jays beat the crap out of them in the World Series)

I think the problem at Gillette is Pats fan's have just been spoiled with great teams. They expect a winning performance everytime (and are usually not disapointed). The only time they get loud these days is to boo when things aren't going well.

TD Garden is always rocking so don't quite understand why Gillette can't unless it's the prices. Kraft better steal Seattle's design when he makes the next stadium. Why can't every game be as loud as the MNF game vs the Jets in 2010?

I hate to play the "no sh!t" card. But no sh!t. This has been known and talked about for a decade.

Just wait until the offense goes 3 and out on the first series Sunday night and they're booed off the field. You know it's coming.

They were booing on the second series vs Oak. People may start to leave the game after the first 3 and out. Then we can see who the frauds are

TD Garden is always rocking so don't quite understand why Gillette can't unless it's the prices. Kraft better steal Seattle's design when he makes the next stadium. Why can't every game be as loud as the MNF game vs the Jets in 2010?

Stadium has been loud in the past...but everyone has to yell...in a bowl you can get away with not everyone having to yell

Going to the game Sunday night with another Patsfans poster. I'm concerned that the 140 character twitter length attention span of today's fantasy stats fan base will turn ugly if we have a couple misfires.
I expect to see lots of empty red seats.
In any case, we will be loud in a positive sense.

Our home field advantage is non existent. You can practically hear a pin drop when the opposing offense is on the field. I miss the old Foxboro Stadium.

USA Today said:
The crowd at Arrowhead stadium helped the Kansas City Chiefs reclaim the title of ‘Loudest Stadium in the World’ on Monday night against the New England Patriots.

During the second quarter, the noise level in the stadium reached 142.2 decibels, which beat out the noise level that Century Link reached last December when the Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints, which was 137.6 decibels.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/chi...oise-record-at-arrowhead-against-the-patriots

OP was actually part of (or witness to) a world record performance by the KC fans. Congrats.

According to the decibel chart I'm looking at, that dB reading is equivalent to being 30 yards from a jet engine.

Going to the game Sunday night with another Patsfans poster. I'm concerned that the 140 character twitter length attention span of today's fantasy stats fan base will turn ugly if we have a couple misfires.
I expect to see lots of empty red seats.
In any case, we will be loud in a positive sense.
I'll be there too so if you hear someone els yelling it's probably me.

I call BS on this thread. I was at the pats colts playoff game and it was loud. Very loud and in the rain.

I call BS on this thread. I was at the pats colts playoff game and it was loud. Very loud and in the rain.
That's playoffs thought any sport is louder in the playoffs.

New England sports fans are very different that fans in the MidWest or Texas, at the collegiate and NFL level.
Imagine patriot fans having a decibel meter. :) The 12th man does not play for the patriots or any other New England team. It is a foreign concept.

I thought it strange to hear the FSU war cry at KC, but that's just me. It is difficult for offenses in lost of places because of the fans. In New England, the advantage of home field is the plow driver. In Miami, it is the groundkeeper. In Seattle, KC and lots of other places, it is the fans.

Fans who attend games, there is no need to defend your behavior. You have your reasons. It is just who you are.

That's playoffs thought any sport is louder in the playoffs.

Then how hard is it to get up for a team that is down and might need this game to even make the playoffs?

Then how hard is it to get up for a team that is down and might need this game to even make the playoffs?
It's just a whole diffrent atmosphere between a regular season and playoff game. I agree I wish it was as loud as a playoff game ever game but it's just not. It's diffrent types of fans at playoff games compared to regular season games.

It's just a whole diffrent atmosphere between a regular season and playoff game. I agree I wish it was as loud as a playoff game ever game but it's just not. It's diffrent types of fans at playoff games compared to regular season games.

That makes me sad.

Kudos if that's where you sit but I usually sit (but not this coming Sunday) right behind the Pats D bench Section 110.
The lower row of that section consists of corporate brown noses, different folks each game who spend all their effort and time climbing over me in their insatiable quest to get overpriced crappy food and beer. Never make any noise at all. They're there because its free.

Kudos if that's where you sit but I usually sit (but not this coming Sunday) right behind the Pats D bench Section 110.
The lower row of that section consists of corporate brown noses, different folks each game who spend all their effort and time climbing over me in their insatiable quest to get overpriced crappy food and beer. Never make any noise at all. They're there because its free.

We were in the red seats, brother in law hooked us up. Great seats

What I sometimes think we are:
gentlemen-tea.jpg

What I sometimes wish we were:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes