Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holy Free-fall, Batman, they're almost giving it away!!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jan 21, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,062 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What Darryl said .... :yeahthat:

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think its because everyone else is printing money even faster than us.

3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

7:54 a.m.
    March crude up 27 cents at $43.80 a barrel on Globex

Yawn.

Foggy, your thread here is just symbolic of the constant right wing threads here that put everything on the moment and nothing about perspective (i.e. Quigon in July 2007 crowing "Who did you say was President...." about one month's good economic news, or FTW weirdly posting about one day stock market moves).

Thinking only about the current moment (lower my taxes, who cares about the deficit!) is what you Neo-Cons do. You need a 12 step program to help yourselves.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 11 / -28

Does not work this way any more it fluctuates daily based on the price of crude, marking it down usually goes slower than marking it up.. which is usually immediate.. you do not live here and do not know this.. this is a first hand observation..

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maybe they do it differently where you live, but I know the last time I was in New Hampshire buying gas -- less than 2 years ago -- and the times before that -- a year earlier -- and before that -- six months earlier -- it always held steady for at least a week or more. Maybe they just have more free market competition in the "Live Free or Die" state. RI is owned.

//

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If 'they' is everyone who doesn't reside in Foggy's imagination, sure.

"Already bought":rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some places have taken to using electronic signs so that the price increase can be put up from behind the counter.

7. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Look at this thread, Sdaniels! Foggy has no clue about economics. He's out of his league.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+4]Where is Oil Going Next??[/size]

HOUSTON — From the Indian Ocean to the South Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico, giant supertankers brimming with oil are resting at anchor or slowly tracing racetrack patterns through the sea, heading nowhere.

The ships are marking time, serving as floating oil-storage tanks. The companies and countries leasing them for that purpose have made a simple calculation: the price of oil has fallen so far that it is due for a rise.

Some producing countries are trying to force that rise by using the tankers to withhold oil from the market, while traders are trying to profit by buying cheap oil now to store and sell at a higher price later. Oil storage has become so popular that onshore tank capacity is becoming scarce.

Only six months ago, companies up and down the energy pipeline were rushing oil to market, struggling to keep up with galloping demand and soaring prices. Now, with the global economy slumping and people driving less, demand for oil has plunged — and the same companies are acting in ways that would have been unimaginable until recently.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/business/worldbusiness/15oil.html?_r=1

Does this mean I can have the BatMobile tonight, Batman?? I wanna go for a joy ride!! :D

//

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 11 / -28

Lot of water under the dam since then.. day after day I am on the road, and see gas prices changing.. sometimes they go up in the middle of the day, when I come home it is noted that the price of crude went up that day.. but when the price of crude goes down, it takes a couple of days to trickle down... price of gas changes pretty much daily in this day and age.

I know you saw something different in NH two years ago, but things have changed quite a bit.. I would like to think that cargo ship leaving saudi is full of cheap fuel.. but somehow it does not work this way.

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

According to the NYTimes story I posted above the price of the oil leaving Saudi is not the price they get at the refineries at Newark or Houston; whatever the market is when they arrive is what they sell it for. Ergo, many now would rather wait it out because the price is just too low. If the market does not jump up over the next couple of weeks, they will eventually have to drop their oil and get what they can, high or low or whatever. Market economy. Lots of product and lower demand means lower prices; and vice versa.

Now, when it comes to the street price, that all depends on the local market for gasoline; a different market with different variables, but following the same general rule: high demand = higher price. Teach your neighbors about global warming, take them to see AlGore's movie, scare them to death, and you'll see the price fall as the demand falls. Unless Nancy Pelosi sees a way to add new taxes to the gas, in which case you need to write to her, not patsfans.com!! So maybe Gore has unintended consequences, too. Hm-m-m....

//

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Still true. Drill, baby, drill!!

:singing:

:yeeha:

//

12. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Ha Ha!!! Bush and Cheney aren't around anymore to stand in the way of science and progress!!!!!

Dingell? Out!

Boucher? Out!

Spencer Abraham? Out!

Obama, Waxman, Markey and Chu are in charge.

Deal with it :D

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Drill, baby, drill!!

Oil is going for $41.58.

W said: "Let's drill for our own oil and oil began a free-fall from $150 a barrel down to $40 a barrel.

Drill, baby, drill!!

:yeeha: ----------------------- :yeeha:

//

14. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

There you go again. Only thinking about the here and now.

Gretzky always said "Others skate to the puck, I skate to where the puck is going".

You can chant all you want, but the United States of America has learned its lesson and voted in a leader who LEADS - not reacts.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... and ain't he lucky he had a predecessor who got oil down from $150 to $40 a barrel!!!!

Let's see what he does with his largess.

//

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ummm...I hate to even start on this but....
    Was oil at $150 when your butt-boy started his "presidency"?

Why am I even asking? It's like rolling an old drunk in an alley.:rolleyes:

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, it wasn't a buck fifty when W took office, but after the Clinton-enabled War called "9/11", all those oil-producers who don't like the U.S. thought they had the U.S. ... well.. over a barrel. Iran, Venezuela, and even Saudi started to ratchet up the price by manipulating the supply chain. W to the rescue: "We need to drill for oil on our own lands, and I am signing Executive Orders to open up millions of acres to drilling. We need to cut our dependence on foreign oil, and drill for our own once again."

The rest is history: From an historical high of almost $150 a gallon, oil went into free-fall. Now Hugo Chavez is quietly begging for companies to buy Venezuela's oil; Iran, too.

Case closed.

NEXT!!

//

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks for the explaination......:rofl::wha: