Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holy crap, was that Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man"???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Aug 11, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

As Mitt quasi-jogged down the stairs in front of the USS Wisconsin, they played something that sounded very much like Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man..." But it wasn't the iconic first bars of it, if it was "Fanfare" at all, it was the middle part...

Anybody know if I have this right?

Secondarily, if so... really?

PFnV
  2. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

Holy crap it was.
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -2

He's just an ordinary guy. (I know that because I saw a photo of him with a cart of groceries.)

He's the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with...
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

A de Gare Tripel at Brasserie Beck?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Is there any dupllicity that this whole thing was staged by Romney on a Battleship???.. a guy who protested for Viet Nam, but instead of serving he got a deferment and drove his bicycle through france..

None of his kids ever served in the military even though we have been at war for just about 20 years now.. his father never served, as did none of his family.. what a tool this jackazz is turning out to be.

What a slap in the fact to Viet Nam Veterans... war is more than a photo op..
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  6. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is something right out of a hollywood movie. Presidential candidate decendes the steps of a battle ship while fan fare for the common man is played. Flipper the dodger pretends to be some sort of war hero that started out as joe six pack. Like Bush in the flight suit on the air craft carrier. The whole thing is Obcene.
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

Yeah, these guys tend to go for the photo-ops on very large naval ships.

I guess it makes up for avoiding combat. Oh wait, wait, I know, Bush sometimes showed up for National Guard duty (but not all the time.) :rolleyes:

Fact is, I wasn't called up, there wasn't a war when I was a kid, and there wasn't a draft. So I didn't serve either... but I don't run around battleships and aircraft carriers trying to make people think I "sort of served" because I bop around on capital ships and call the other guy bad at foreign policy.

I understand Romney has declared Russia our enemy again... I guess that sounds vaguely militaristic... oh wait, my mistake, no it doesn't. It sounds like a chickenhawk who's never seen war minimizing its horrors.

PFnV
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 2 / -9

"Oh look Bertha, isn't that a Purple Breasted Sapsucker"

"Why yes, I beleive your right Clyde"
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So do you have to serve in the military to be proud of the military and openly support them and profess your admiration of them? :confused:

Funny how the only people mentioning this are whiny crybaby liberals who never served themselves. Actual members of the military are totally cool with it.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"I did everything I could to avoid going to SE Asia..." - DarrylS, 6/18/2012

And then when I asked Darryl what military experience Obama had, his response was - and I swear[/i] I am not making this up:

"Obama was essentially raised by his grandparents, Stanley Dunham his grandfather served in World War II... sure he heard a few stories growing up." - DarrylS, 6/19/2012
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Thanks for keeping track of my profound statements, still getting free rent in your brain I see...

Here is the difference, I do not support wars now as I did not them.. I also am not running for president.

I also was not a favorite son...
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey, what can I say? When someone says something that is so incredibly stupid that I burst out laughing, it sticks with me.

So when you said Obama had more military experience than Romney because Obama listened to his grandfather's stories, I had quite the guffaw. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  13. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So would the righties LOL if Obama used this song or just not really care that much...
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

So you think that between the 6 men in Romney's lineage that no one ever were in the miltary??? That his four sons who could have joined the military no one ever joined?? That he protested for the war in Viet Nam, but then rode his bike through the countryside of France??

But unashamedly uses a battleship as a prop?? If you don't see this you will never understand...

[​IMG]
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No. You can be proud of the military if you didn't serve. You can also have served and learned to despise "the military".

As long as you didn't crap your pants and run off to France pretending you're on a religious mission while there was a draft for Vietnam and men your age who didn't chicken out were going into a meat-grinder.

Romney isn't brave. He's a chicken-hawk and has no business dancing down the stairs of a big Navy boat claiming any respect for the military. What's next? Can we see him in some Navy gear or maybe some camo? Ooooh BABY! That jaw! Those teeth! My leg's tingling!
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I said before, anyone but me notice that the only people who are mad about this are moonbats who never served, whereas actually real life members of the military (both former and current) have no problem? :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Guess there is a misunderstanding between the words mad and hypocrisy..

Why didn't any of Mitt's kids ever serve in the military??.. in 2007 Mitt was asked the same question and he replied, “one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected.”

What a freaking joke..
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Really? Actual members of the military don't have a problem? Where did you get that? Because his campaign can round up some Romney supporters who are vets? Geez! How'd they manage that?

I served during peace time. No big deal and I never used it to advance myself because I just didn't need to. I have no great love for "the military" because I saw how incredibly screwed it was (especially the officers) but I had the greatest respect for the men I served and worked with, but there's no automatic prestige.

Romney is a venture capitalist and ex governor. He never had any connection with the military. Yet, he's making himself look like he does now. Why is that? Obama has way more experience and connection to the military than Romney does, but you don't see him playing like he's some sort of veteran. You may not like what he does with the military- and I sure don't- but he never did s#!t like that when he was running for office.

It just looks bad to me.
  19. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have a link...prof of this bullsh!t you just posted? Because from what ive read over the years vets get a more than a little angry when they find out someone is or has tried to pretend they've served. Oh i'm sure you can get your buddy 13 to agree with you. But i think the vast majority of vets wouldn't like the image of a draft dodging chicken hawk posing for the cameras with a battle ship
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Yeah, me, too.....but funny, when I do it, you post mocking pictures and make strange comments about my husband.

Weird how that works, isn't it?