Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl
nfl network is reporting
kinda sux we'll hafta play him twice a yr
although giving up their first round pick and only getting a third in return isnt that great a deal for the bills in my opinion

Re: holy crap: bills to get lance briggs!!!

It's still April 1st isn't it? I thought so.

Wait, so this isn't happening?

I hate this damn day.:enranged:

Last edited:

Wait, so this isn't happening?

Right.

(Did you really think Levy would do this?)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl
nfl network is reporting
kinda sux we'll hafta play him twice a yr
although giving up their first round pick and only getting a third in return isnt that great a deal for the bills in my opinion

If you are going to do an April Fools joke, you should actually make it believable. The Bills couldn't afford to sign Briggs even if they traded for him. That is why they let Nate Clement go, they can't afford to give out huge signing bonuses to one or two players no matter how much cap room they have.

Now if you said the Dolphins, I might have believed it for a least a second or two.

If you are going to do an April Fools joke, you should actually make it believable. The Bills couldn't afford to sign Briggs even if they traded for him. That is why they let Nate Clement go, they can't afford to give out huge signing bonuses to one or two players no matter how much cap room they have.

Now if you said the Dolphins, I might have believed it for a least a second or two.

The Fins don't have that much cap room either.

The Fins don't have that much cap room either.

Cap room isn't as big as real money in this situation with only one player. You can play games on how the money will hit the cap over the life of the deal. Heck, Adalius Thomas is only counting $3.4 million this year vs. the cap and the Pats didn't try to play with the cap structure to make it as backload backloaded as it can be (although it is someone backloaded probably because of his age). The Bills just don't generate enough revenue to pay out a $12-15 million signing bonus to one players. That is why they are overpaying mid-tier to low tier players.

I was sort of happy for the Bills when I thought this was true. I feel bad because they are such diehard fans and have had so little to root for the past few years.

i didnt say the fins cuz he wouldnt fit into their defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing