Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holy Cow !!! US “Apologizes” To China For Our “Lousy” Human Rights Record

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, May 18, 2010.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I saw this report on Fox last night and on Morning Joe this morning but it has curiously evaded most MSM on the internet except for right wing sites and blogs.....and Politico has an article on it. And not to play strawman but even MSNBC guest Bob Woodward thought it was absurd

Holy Cow !!! US “Apologizes” To China For Our “Lousy” Human Rights Record | RedState

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Mao Tse Tung, murderer of 60 million people and admired by the Rockefellers.

We light up the Empire State Building in red and gold.

We apologize to the country who owns us.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -9

Try Sneaking Into China
    No Food Stamps For Illegals In China
    They Shoot Them Then Dump The Body In A rice Paddy

4. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ha! Reminds me of a story I read recently about a guy in China who was tortured in to confessing to murder, was sent to jail, and then released over a decade later when the person he was convicted of murdering showed back up! They released him after 11 years in jail and paid him 96,000 dollars in compensation.
    Apparently a similar thing happened in 2005, where a man was released after 11 years for the murder of his wife, when his wife showed back up in town! He only got 67,000 dollars though.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Refresh my memory. Where did this occur?
    [​IMG]

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

Any facts to support the claim of either an apology or admitting to a "lousy" record on human rights?

Because there were none in the initial post or the link.

7. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know this one:rocker:

8. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was wondering who the first one would be to try and marginalize the headline here. China is about the last place a US official should be falling on sword in front of when it comes to human rights. First of all, the Arizona law at worst opens up for the possibility of profiling which would be wrong but please, it is in no way something the United States should have to answer to China for with their extremely repressive human rights record. What possible reason would he have to bring up Arizona "early and often" to them for, just trying to show we're humble? If he wasn't outright saying we're sorry he was certainly trying to show some kind of equivalency, I don't know maybe as an attempt at diplomacy. He failed. China must really think we're idiots.

9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +714 / 20 / -30

Red State, that is an unbiased source :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is what he said, I do not read apology, what I read is that we have issues also.. what do you want them to say we do not have homelessness, crime and poverty??? Another WTF moment brought to you by the hysterical, right win and its sources of information..

11. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

"we have issues too" is like a guy that throws a candy wrapper on the ground telling BP, "yeah I pollute too."

The transcript is right wing source neutral. It's the transcript. BTW, left wing MSNBC played the story out this morning and "all the President's Men's" Bob Woodward who was a guest agreed that it was absurd.

Why on earth would he talk about Arizona "early and often" to China when they themselves did not comment on it? I think it was a failed attempt at being diplomatic and humble.

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

We elected a President who clearly didn't like the U.S. nor what it stands for; I can't imagine anyone is surprised but the goings on. obama doesn't like our country, he wants to change it to something he does like. Some of us have known that all along.

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

asking for facts = "marginalizing the headline"

got it

14. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

There was plenty in there to get the gist of it.

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The United States of America does not need to apologize to any foreign nation....EVER. No "If's and's or but's"!:mad:

16. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He spent 20 years listening to God Damn America, at one point his wife said America's "finally done something she liked" or words to that effect. All this came out prior to the election but got buried under some fake Grecian columns erected in Denver or wherever that spectacle took place.

Not that McCain would've been much better as he's as much of a puppet as Obama is but perhaps he'd at least have been a speedbump for this fast lane, maybe slowed things down a bit. Water under the bridge now. We're becoming a nation of slaves and that's exactly how Our Leader and his handlers want it.

17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

You're the one who posted a thread titled "Holy Cow !!! US “Apologizes” To China For Our “Lousy” Human Rights Record" when the US didn't apologize for a lousy human rights record.

But I certainly got the gist of it. A rightwinger overreacting to a rightwing blog overreacting to the notion that the US dare admit to being imperfect.

We aren't perfect, and admitting to that is neither an apology nor unpatriotic nor a sign of weakness.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -9

The reason that a$s hole was spluttering to China about the Arizona Invasion was he pictured himself being a "big hero" on the Mush Mouth Matthews and Andrea (snake face) Mitchell shows, it all backfired on the dope.

20. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Right, I know it's Strawmen but MSNBC and Bob Woodward are not rightwingers overreacting. China simply was the wrong freaking place to bring up the Arizona law "early and often" when it never even occured to them at all. He bent over backwards to make them feel comfortable with their own human rights abuses....as if Arizona's was even in the same universe. I'm not saying right wing blogs won't milk this for all it's worth and then some but please don't hide behind semantics in order make believe this is all in our heads.

BTW I copied and pasted the title from a right wing source sure but Politico, hardly a right wing source had it as well.