PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holt will not be with team anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holt, is moveing on to ESPN or NFL Network

Interesting comments. I wonder if Crumpler will be playing?

I'd question whether Holt will be working anywhere else. He's still under contract, and unless he reaches an injury settlement and gets released, I don't see how he could sign on with NFLN or any other media .

Speculation on my part, but last time we saw Holt practice, it sounded like he flipped out and yelled at Price. After that he was always sidelined.

Just curious if Holt became one too many cooks in the kitchen.

Strange that the knee injury came out of nowhere.

Is this really any surprise to anyone? Right from the time he was signed I thought it was highly doubtful that he would be with the Pats for more than a year. With the injury at his age, I'd be very surprised if anybody, never mind the Pats, would show interest in picking him up next year. Playoff contenders will probably have younger, faster, healthier free agents they can sign, and rebuilding teams would be better off getting their younger players more reps.

To me Holt was just a temporary fix; a stop gap and insurance. He was brought in to fill in while the younger players (Price, Tate, Edelman, Gronkowski and Hernandez) were learning their roles and how to approach life in the NFL. In addition he was insurance; primarily to Welker's injuries, but also to a lesser extent to Tate and even Edelman too. In a cruel twist of fate to Holt, after being brought in due to an injury (Welker), his season and career ended with a knee injury and subsequent surgery.

I'd question whether Holt will be working anywhere else. He's still under contract, and unless he reaches an injury settlement and gets released, I don't see how he could sign on with NFLN or any other media .

Of course he can, we merely hold his football rights. Players on IR are free to do whatever they want off the field. I have a feeling that his knee injury to IR coincided with the growing perception he wasn't going to make the squad even if healthy, while if waived might be picked up by some nefarious HC looking to merely talk playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes