PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holley: This player will be a Patriot after Saturday (para.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I think it will be safe to say there will be a CB or OL taken or a trade in the works, before the Pats take a USC player that high

Your comment has some merit to it. If they do take a CB I hope it is Cason.

Not the fact that I hate Pete Carroll, with that bias aside, if you read the article with Phifer in the paper we choose to boycott, you can see why I dont think they will take a usc player that high, not that smart...

Not the fact that I hate Pete Carroll, with that bias aside, if you read the article with Phifer in the paper we choose to boycott, you can see why I dont think they will take a usc player that high, not that smart...

How do I find the article?

In either case it\'s always a crap shoot. I prefer Rivers because of what I read and hear about his pass rushing skills, and also the fact that he comes out of USC and the Pats have had good luck for the most part with USC players.

Rivers strikes me as the kind of LB that will be an instant success story.

So at this point I would suggest that they \"hold the Mayo.\"

I don't trust in Rivers specifically because he went to USC. Look at the players around him:

Lawrence Jackson-DE
Sedrick Ellis-DT
Fili Moala-DT
Averell Spicer-DE
Brian Cushing-OLB
Rey Maualuga(sp?)-MLB

All potential first day picks either this year or next.
Virtually any player would look good playing with that D-line and those LB's around them. Especially against the teams that they play like; Idaho, Notre Dame, Stanford, Nebraska, Washington State, Washington, and Oregon State.

Basically it would be like lining up any LB behind an all-century team against the Dolphins... all they have to do is let everyone else take care of things and then make a easy or at least an ordinary play

Last edited:
I don\'t trust in Rivers specifically because he went to USC. Look at the players around him:

Lawrence Jackson-DE
Sedrick Ellis-DT
Fili Moala-DT
Averell Spicer-DE
Brian Cushing-OLB
Rey Maualuga(sp?)-MLB

All potential first day picks either this year or next.
Virtually any player would look good playing with that D-line and those LB\'s around them. Especially against the teams that they play like; Idaho, Notre Dame, Stanford, Nebraska, Washington State, Washington, and Oregon State.

Basically it would be like lining up any LB behind an all-century team against the Dolphins... all they have to do is let everyone else take care of things and then make a easy or at least an ordinary play

Using that as a theory, then he should do well as a pro too because all of the players he will be lining up with are the best of the ones that came out of the college ranks in their given draft years.

Anyway, I like him but then I am not the one doing the drafting.

Mayo, Gholston...Any Linebacker sounds good to me! GIT-R-DUN

Mayo is the best LB in the draft by far and after today he'll be a NE Patriot!
Holley knows what he speaks of.

Man, somehow Holley just screwed up the chance to get this guy.

Rivers = McGinest but smarter and better.

My lord, McGinist was so much more coveted coming out of USC. Although he had a real good career, some would call it dissapointing compared to the expectations when drafted. I'm not sure Rivers would have half the success McGinist has had. Smarter? Better? That is a huge long shot. Carl Lewis would have better odds of beating Secretariat in a 1/4 mile race than Rivers being better than McGinist. Just my opinion.

Everyone say sorry to Holley.

Nice thread!

Haha how does holley have these sources?

Funny now reading this thread. welcome to NE Mayo

Really?!?! Wow. Gholston is a freak athlete.

I respect your opinion and you may be right, but he's not a top 10 pick IMO- However, Bill lives in his own Draft World and based on prior experience, if he takes Mayo high I'll be scratching my head but I will be ok with it.
Better start scratching, Scottie.

Wow - mad props to Micheal Holley. He straight up nailed this.

:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes