PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holley: This player will be a Patriot after Saturday (para.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't handle blockers? Yeah, sounds like the PERFECT ILB. Remember, they only have 3 linemen in front of them. He'll need to get better at that. That said, Mayo is very fast. Am I the only one surprised Holley would say this when Phifer kinda just said drafting a rookie to play inside takes a looong time? Who knows, a ILB would shock me, I just don't see it as someone BB would trust with the investment to start right away.

God I can't wait :-D

Lets hope not - not at 7 anyway. Gholston is their man, if he's there - If not trade down and pick up some picks in the later Rounds.

Sorry dude,

Gholston will NOT be drafted by the Patriots in the 7th spot. He's too much of a risk there.

Risk?? What's the risk?

gholston has not been playing football that long. the guy's athletic but was THIRD all time in sacks at Ohio State. Guess who's first? Mike Vrabel. Therefore, gholston's probably not as good as Vrabel and is not the 7th overall pick.

gholston has not been playing football that long. the guy's athletic but was THIRD all time in sacks at Ohio State. Guess who's first? Mike Vrabel. Therefore, gholston's probably not as good as Vrabel and is not the 7th overall pick.

I don't know if you are being serious or poking fun at BestQB's "risk" response.

I hope he does and I think he will if McFadden is around at 6.

I hope so too, but I just don't see how the Jets, KC, Raiders pass on him. I would be shocked.:eek: And happy:rocker:

Wow, sounds to me like they are very interested in either Keith Rives or McKelvin/Cromartie-Rodgers.

They want people to think Mayo after they drop down so that no one jumps to grab one of the LBs or CBs they really covet.

I think it will be Keith Rivers.

He just said it's Mayo said he is the best LB in the draft.

Makes sense they would want Mayo over Rivers as he is the better athlete and probably will be groomed to play inside, outside, upside and downside after a few years. Everythime I read his analysis I get the impression he is an oversized Rodney Harrison ... a SS in a LB body. Don't be surprised to see this guy used more in coverage initially ... he's a bit weak now but that will change ... :rofl: .

I'll be very happy with the trade down scenario as I have been from the beginning. Without a tradeup in the 1st 3 rounds we can pick 5 players in the 1st 3 rounds ... 5 of the best 95 is damn good for a Super Bowl team and we can do it without throwing off our salary structure.

Last edited:
Makes sense they would want Mayo over Rivers as he is the better athlete and probably will be groomed to play inside, outside, upside and downside after a few years. Everythime I read his analysis I get the impression he is an oversized Rodney Harrison ... a SS in a LB body. Don\\\'t be surprised to see this guy used more in coverage initially ... he\\\'s a bit weak now but that will change ... :rofl: .

I\\\'ll be very happy with the trade down scenario as I have been from the beginning. Without a tradeup in the 1st 3 rounds we can pick 5 players in the 1st 3 rounds ... 5 of the best 95 is damn good for a Super Bowl team and we can do it without throwing off our salary structure.

In either case it\'s always a crap shoot. I prefer Rivers because of what I read and hear about his pass rushing skills, and also the fact that he comes out of USC and the Pats have had good luck for the most part with USC players.

Rivers strikes me as the kind of LB that will be an instant success story.

So at this point I would suggest that they \"hold the Mayo.\"

Last edited:
I am in the minority but I like Gholston- reminds me a lot of AT. A younger AT to pair with the real AT is something I like a lot.

I am in the minority but I like Gholston- reminds me a lot of AT. A younger AT to pair with the real AT is something I like a lot.

If Gohlston falls, I really don't think the Pats will pass him up and will keep their pick. They will wait as long as possible before pulling the trade trigger.

In either case it\'s always a crap shoot. I prefer Rivers because of what I read and hear about his pass rushing skills, and also the fact that he comes out of USC and the Pats have had good luck for the most part with USC players.

Rivers strikes me as the kind of LB that will be an instant success story.

So at this point I would suggest that they \"hold the Mayo.\"

USC players are overrated. Pac 10 is too soft. That's why I prefer SEC guys.

Rivers = McGinest but smarter and better.

NO WAY!

OMG NO WAY!

Talk about two completely different players. Supposedly Rivers is not too bright and though he gained some weight plays best at 230ish.

The guy is going to be a flop if we take him, especially if we expect him to be McGinest 2.

Again I think it will be safe to say there will be a CB or OL taken or a trade in the works, before the Pats take a USC player that high

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes