PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holley,"Michael Smith to be on (WEEI) at 10:30 with breaking Pats news" - YEAH RIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm assuming the big news is he is regurgitating the line of type from ESPN regarding the Pats in talks for Walker? Breaking news indeed...

Javon...Pats IN the sweepstakes...and a high price..in many ways..I am out on this...he isn't worth the big bucks..

And here I thougth big news was when a team actually PULLED OFF A MOVE, not just were 'in talks' about the possibility of a move.

Thanks guys, all the excitement for something I already read on this site hours ago. Blahhhhhhhhhh.

LOL!!! How funny! No news AT ALL.

Suckers, aren't we? LOL!

Well at least we all had that adrenaline rush, the crash at the end sucks but the high was good for a few minutes.:D

Brownfan80 said:
So, for those of us out of state.. what was the big news at 10:30?

Big scoop! Apparently the Patriots are one of 31 possible teams after Javon Walker.

Of course he hasn't actually scheduled a visit here.

Michael Smith is such a POS.

I hardly would call Michael Smitha POS.. He doesn't come across as ****y at all..

Michael Smith made a huge point in regards to the Houston Texans and the #1 pick taking Bush. No way their offense gets good enough to overtake the Colts. The best way to beat the Colts is with a great defense, take Mario Williams.

Smith also thinks if Houston goes with Bush that Mario Williams could fall to the Jets. Vilma and Williams would worry me on the same defense.

I smell a smokescreen...drive up the price of one guy and make a backroom deal with a different one altogether...

MrTibbs said:
Michael Smith made a huge point in regards to the Houston Texans and the #1 pick taking Bush. No way their offense gets good enough to overtake the Colts. The best way to beat the Colts is with a great defense, take Mario Williams.

Mark my words - the Colts WILL NOT be as prolific without Edge.

Again Mike Smith , is full of himself.. The Pats dont have a chance at Walker, Denver and the Saints have more to offer... both have a reciever to give back also... Not going to happen, Im resigned to myself that Pats will get WR in draft

BelichickFan said:
Dude, it is what it is. 10 INT kills what we had last year.

It is what it is. He got 10 INTs because opposing OCs QBs saw him as the weak link in the Jets secondary. He was thrown as as much as any corner in the NFL.

MrTibbs said:
The Texans need to take the best player, not worry about matching up with the Colts. I'm not sure that Bush is the right way to go but how they match up with the Colts shouldn't be the issue right now.

dryheat44 said:
It is what it is. He got 10 INTs because opposing OCs QBs saw him as the weak link in the Jets secondary. He was thrown as as much as any corner in the NFL.
Spin it how you will, put any of our CB in the same position and throw at them as much and they wouldn't catch 10 of them.

BelichickFan said:
The Texans need to take the best player, not worry about matching up with the Colts. I'm not sure that Bush is the right way to go but how they match up with the Colts shouldn't be the issue right now.

No doubt. Since when does the fourth place team (drafting first overall) worry about overtaking the 14-2 team? That's silly. Worry about catching the Titans and Jaguars...or better yet, improving your team.

BelichickFan said:
Spin it how you will, put any of our CB in the same position and throw at them as much and they wouldn't catch 10 of them.

All I'm saying is Deion went years without getting 10 interceptions, and he was twice the cover corner Ty is. Ten interceptions means you're getting burnt so often in coverage that the QB is picking on you. I'd be interested in seeing how many of those INTs are off deflections, good reads but bad throws by the QB, or other situations that aren't necessarily a reflection of good cornerback play.

dryheat44 said:
All I'm saying is Deion went years without getting 10 interceptions, and he was twice the cover corner Ty is. Ten interceptions means you're getting burnt so often in coverage that the QB is picking on you. I'd be interested in seeing how many of those INTs are off deflections, good reads but bad throws by the QB, or other situations that aren't necessarily a reflection of good cornerback play.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but without Law and Harrison (and Bruschi for a while) we simply didn't get turnovers. None. Nada. Zip. That was a big difference last year. With Law a bad pass resulted in a turnover. Without him it was an incomplete pass.

BelichickFan said:
They could if they were allowed to abandon their other responsisibities and gamble for the INT. Remember when Ellis Hobbs missed the INT and the guy ran for a TD? It was a bad play on his part. If he caught it and ran it in for a TD would it have been a good play? Or is gambling like that a bad idea. I think it is a bad idea.

It is the same as DEs and sacks. A DE who plays to contain will not have as many sacks as the DE who runs straight for the QB every time. Sacks are totaled up. The number of times a RB gets to teh outside because the DE did not maintain contain position while rushing is not totalled up.

2-gap is about containment, also. It is a hallmark of 2-gap and the Pats system that individual stats are lost when playing the Pats style of defense. Seymour could certainly get more sacks were he to not be required to play his two gaps for the run as well as rush the passer.

What is lost in Law's INTs are the number of times he got burned gambling. Often you can't even tell it was his responsibility from watching TV. It doesn't look like Law (or Delthea ONeil or other high INT gamblers) screwed up because they are nowhere near the WR who catches the ball. Unfortunatley, they should have been.

To rate one CB or DE better than another because he has more INTs/sacks is fine for Woody Paige. We are smarter than him.

spacecrime said:
To rate one CB or DE better than another because he has more INTs/sacks is fine for Woody Paige. We are smarter than him.

So is the thing I left in the toilet this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes