PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holley Just Said . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
$36-$39M over 6 years is correct, Seattle offering more than Jets. However Patriots still want two #1 picks, not a #2 and a pretty good player. And they're holding out for it which makes people wonder if they're serious. And that Branch will be even more upset seeing the money available but the Patriots refusing to trade him.

Could also be posturing by the team until the last minute to get as much as they can for him.

This place is going to explode soon.

BelichickFan said:
$36-$39M over 6 years is correct, Seattle offering more than Jets. However Patriots still want two #1 picks, not a #2 and a pretty good player. And they're holding out for it which makes people wonder if they're serious. And that Branch will be even more upset seeing the money available but the Patriots refusing to trade him.

"Leon" Branch has the right to be upset over the money, but he can't be upset because the Patriots won't hurt themselves or their future to help him get rich. I love what BB is doing here.

our money is same as theres..wasnt he whining about $8mill per year .. thats what he wants? not 6 not 6.5

our deal: 3 years 19 mill = 6.33 mill per year also 5 year 31 mill
:

6 years 36 mill = 6 per year and if its 39 then 6.5

Ahriman said:
Yep, Ian has done a good job updating the server, last year we would have fried it by now.

Ahriman said:

A terrorist threat? Watch your ***** Ian!

Remix 6 said:
our money is same as theres..wasnt he whining about $8mill per year .. thats what he wants? not 6 not 6.5

:

EXACTLY PEOPLE !!!

Deion has no right to beef - he's not getting a better offer! - at least not much better!

and BB is not gonna just dump his number one wideout.

an important point here - very important - BB doesn't give a rat's ass if Deion doesn't like it.

think about that.

Remix 6 said:

:

It's all about the guaranteed money, and I'm betting their offers have exceeded ours in guaranteed $ by a few million.

BelichickFan said:
However Patriots still want two #1 picks, not a #2 and a pretty good player.
Accept Seattle's #1 next year along with corner Kelly Jennings and call it a day :cool:

The Jets know that their offer falls way short ... they are playing games.

But the Seahawks are "this" close and they know it. When you are "that" close, you can do some crazy stuff.

If Branch gets traded, it will be to the Seahawks.

SamBam39 said:
EXACTLY PEOPLE !!!

Deion has no right to beef - he's not getting a better offer! - at least not much better!

and BB is not gonna just dump his number one wideout.

an important point here - very important - BB doesn't give a rat's ass if Deion doesn't like it.

think about that.
Oh SNAP!
Testify!!

Take the two #1's in a heartbeat. Short of that, get close to matching the deal Jets or Seahawks offer and patch it up.

Wasn't one of the reasons for doing this to find out how far off of what we offered versus what he could get on the open market?

The details are in the bonus & guarantee as well as NE be willing to compromise over what he makes THIS year. If we do compromise, then we get a line of players willing to do the exact same thing as Deion.

I still feel, when all is said and done...BB/SP will account for themselves quite well. They do have a rather impressive track reocrd now don't they.

I'm starting to wonder wtf. When was the last player traded for more then a number one pick? If thats' the Patriots requirement then they are saying Branch is part of an exclusive club. Of course, this is all speculation as no one knows whats being asked.

CrazyDave said:
Oh SNAP!
Testify!!

Branch shows up in Week 10 and then dogs it like Dillon did with the Bengals. How does Belichick win, exactly? Will the Pats franchise a guy who would stick a fork in Belichick's eye if given the chance? That's crazy.

If they are going to give that much money for Branch then he is
worth 2 #1 .Accept nothing less .

This is killing me, being stuck at work and all. Thanks to you guys for the updates for those of us "out of the loop"! I just hope "it" gets done, whatever "it" is, so that we can just move onto the season knowing who is here and who isn't.

If the Pats don't accept a deal of a 2nd round pick then they had better plan on renogatiating Branch's deal b/c if they lose him for nothing they will be putting themselves in a big hole.

Straight-up for anybody's No. 1 pick would suit me fine. Then we might feel better about trading another first-day pick to someone else for WR help.

Tunescribe said:
Straight-up for anybody's No. 1 pick would suit me fine. Then we might feel better about trading another first-day pick to someone else for WR help.

Why? If Branch doesn't play until week 10, its like not having him at all. Franchising him will require 2 first rounders, which is why BB is holding out for that. Its clear that Branch will be franchised if he doesn't sign here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back