Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holland - Eurabia's Canary in the Coal Mine

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWickedPissah, Feb 28, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-2058502,00.html

Would you write the name you’d like to use here, and your real name there?†asked the girl at reception. I had just been driven to a hotel in the Hague. An hour earlier I’d been greeted at Amsterdam airport by a man holding a sign with a pre-agreed cipher. I hadn’t known where I would be staying, or where I would be speaking. The secrecy was necessary: I had come to Holland to talk about Islam. Standing at the hotel desk I confessed to the girl that I didn’t have any other name, couldn’t think of a good one fast. I was given my key and made aware that the other person in the lobby, a tall figure in a dark suit, was my security detail. I was taken up to my room where I changed, unpacked and headed back out — the security guard now positioned outside my bedroom door.

I had been invited to deliver the closing speech to the memorial conference on what would have been Fortuyn’s 58th birthday. I said I would talk on the effects of Europe’s increasingly Islamicised population and advocate a tougher European counterterror strategy. There was no overriding political agenda to the occasion, simply a desire for frank discussion.

The event was scholarly, incisive and wide-ranging. There were no ranters or rabble-rousers, just an invited audience of academics, writers, politicians and sombre party members. As yet another example of Islam’s violent confrontation with the West (this time caused by cartoons) swept across the globe, we tried to discuss Islam as openly as we could. The Dutch security service in the Hague was among those who considered the threat to us for doing this as particularly high. The security status of the event was put at just one level below “national emergencyâ€.

This may seem fantastic to people in Britain. But the story of Holland — which I have been charting for some years — should be noted by her allies. Where Holland has gone, Britain and the rest of Europe are following. The silencing happens bit by bit. A student paper in Britain that ran the Danish cartoons got pulped. A London magazine withdrew the cartoons from its website after the British police informed the editor they could not protect him, his staff, or his offices from attack. This happened only days before the police provided 500 officers to protect a “peaceful†Muslim protest in Trafalgar Square. It seems the British police — who regularly provide protection for mosques (as they did after the 7/7 bombs) — were unable to send even one policeman to protect an organ of free speech. At the notorious London protests, Islamists were allowed to incite murder and bloodshed on the streets, but a passer-by objecting to these displays was threatened with detention for making trouble.

Ah, PC Europe now cowering from threats of attack over expression of fact and opinion. Reminscent of the Weimar Republic days where dissenting speech was crushed harshly and Europe pretended that the unpleasent just was not happening. The ostrich syndrome.

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The ostrich syndrome...yes we know it well. "There is no civil war in Iraq. The economy is in full recovery. There are no environmental concerns. Deficits don't matter"

3. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

I'm SO shocked. Yet another person so totally obsessed with BDS that he/she/it cannot consider anything w/o relating back to the admin.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  4. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm shocked too. Another neo-con so concerned about europes problems yet wont take any responsibility for the problems his votes have cause right here at home. Hey, I thought the war on terror is over. You Bushies want the arabs in our port management, after all, so why are you so uptight about Hollands problems with arabs? Oh, I get it, that political card has been played to death and its starting to hurt your overseas investments, so you are probably oin board with Bush.

Hell, I'll bet you'd support flag burning if Bush said its okay.

Now, in relation to the article specifically, the neo-con author points to quite a dichotomy. 1) the loss of freedom 2) the fear of immigrant people.

This is not new to history. Many countries have discarded freedom in the name of fear. Ours is doing this now as well. And this neo-con seems to have a problem with losing this freedom. Well, is it the immigrants among you that is the real problem, or is it the reaction to the immigrants that is killing your identity?

Kind of like the flu...its not the disease itself that kills you, its your bodies overreaction to the flu that kills you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  5. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

Only someone consumed with irrational ideology would blame Islamist killings, death threats necessitating protection and riots in Holland on 'boogeyman' neocons. Europe, and particularly Holland has a serious problem with lack of assimilation of immigrants many with a culture not only antithetical to their own but one that has demonstrably (did you read or comprehend the article?) inhibited their cultural tradition of free speech.

6. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can envision the worst for Holland. That would be the day they throw someone out of a public forum for wearing a politically disagreeable tee-shirt.

No...I understand the article. I'm waiting for Holland to invade an Islamic nation before I put them in the category of "completely irrational" nations.

7. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,165 / 22 / -13

Disable Jersey

You might just look at your reply as a fine example of a completely irrational post.

8. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Oh? How is that?