Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holder says waterboarding IS 'torture'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The Raw Story | 'Waterboarding' is torture: US attorney general-designate

==================================================================
    Holder was also asked whether he believed that the US president had the constitutional power to "immunize" an intelligence officer to carry out an act of torture on a terror suspect.

"No one is above the law, the president has a constitutional obligation to faithfully execute the law of the United States," said Holder.

"It's my belief that the president does not have the power that you have indicated."
    ===================================================================

I'd suspect a few peeps in the outgoing administration should be getting ready for court very soon!

Justice will come back to the Justice department.

No offense to you 'people' who defend torture in the media and on this board, the fact of the matter is that the United States has convicted many in the past for this war crime. The fact that we gave torture the green light is a dark stain on our nation's history.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Pray For Your Country

Stay Out Of Big City's And Tall Buildings

Avoid Flying If Possible If You Have To Fly Profile The Passengers Yourself

God Be With You

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Also,

Don't say "Candyman" in your mirror 5 times.

Don't go to sleep on Elm Street or Freddy will get you.

Hold your breath while passing a graveyard until you see a white house with black shudders.

TORTURE CREATES MORE TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!

its illegal, globally. What other globally illegal things are your for, child labor, slavery, mass murder, rape?

Hate to say it Harry, but torture is in the same category as that $h!t.

if you want torture, watch the show 24, that should get your torture rocks off.

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

How does he know? He don't even know what terrorism is?

Firedoglake Eric Holder. Lawyer For The Death Squad Terrorists’ Paymasters: Our Next Attorney General?

Maybe Marc Rich told him.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war.

as a lawyer, he knows this.

morons think waterboarding ISN'T torture. and soon, those people will be called prisoners, convicted of war crimes.

JUSTICE.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Lets see....

People who think torture is LEGAL...agree with Alberto Gonzalez

People who know that torture is ILLEGAL agree with Holder.....

who would you hire to represent you?

7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

People who side with terrorists agree with Holder...............

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

God Damn America

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

you can't prosecute a terrorist under the LAW by torturing.

once you torture you become a savage anarchist.

saying that one who puts the law and the constitution before savegry is 'siding with terrorists' is a fear mongerer who doesn't understand a world that can only exist if there is a rule of LAW.

quit your talking points and get ready to see a war crimes trial....keep telling yourself everything will be okay....then

check on this:

U.S. Senator Believes Missing American Being Held In Secret Iranian Prison

are you cool with this man being tortured? In your world he is a 'terrorist' to the Iranians. So its cool if he is tortured, if it protects them. I'm sure torture will bring about many confessions by Robert Levinson. He will probably give up every secret of teh United States that he knows. And according to YOU...its all good.

do you listen to yourself, or just talk to your own shadow?

10. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I am pretty confident that our Five Wise Men would rule differently.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

An assinine response to a very complex problem, we should not as a country have as our policy to torture people.. if we do then we become them.. Holder should be commended for his stance.. but then again many righties are just sheeple in lock step with what their websites tell them to say.. do not think, react with rw sound bites..

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Boy (those people) over in the middle east must be laughing their a$ses off at us again, does this guy Holder have any idea what those bastards will do to an American if they want an American to talk, I wonder if Mr Holder saw the video of the savage carving off that poor little skinny English womens head while she was gurgling blood and squealing for her Mommy.

Mr Holder,
    Do you remember the American truck driver that the terror bastards in Iraq burned alive and then hung what was left of his blackened charcoaled body up on a bridge for everybody to look at on their way home from work.

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PEOPLE

AMERICA WILL BE HIT AGAIN BEFORE LABOR DAY 2009, LEONA PANETTY, WINDBAG BIDEN, MICHELLE AND MUSH MOUTH MATTHEWS WILL ALL BLAME GW BUSH AND HIS MOTHER.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  13. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

He just implicated many high ranking military personnel plus politicians on both side of the aisle.

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Agreed!

People think that torture, and the criticism of it is an anti-Bush stance. That is not at all. Many democrats signed off on this....

I'm talking to you Dianne Feinstein....

at least we have a presumptive AG who understands the law.

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Those people were Blackwater Mercinaries......not american soldiers.

Harry......come on?

why don't you support the troops?

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

So you have no problem with Holder being a lawyer for terrorists? I can not believe you idealogs today. First Patters comparing us to Hamas and Iran now you being ok with a lawyer for terrorists being AG. I knew this Country was going to go down the wrong path Monday, but sadly it has begun before than. Holy *****!

17. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The soldiers were convicted of torture in general. Waterboarding happened to be among the methods they used. They had worse. I'm sure of it.

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The US does not torture anybody. We are above that and the people who DO torture. Never has until the traitors in the Bush Administration decided to do it. Why? Who knows. Any military interrogator will tell you that torture is counter-productive. Most prisoners will say anything to avoid being tortured. Many will intentionally give false information.

I think some of you Bush buddies that think torture is OK are just wierd or can't remember that we're not like other countries....We're supposed to be better than everyone else. I hope it's not some sick kind of pleasure derived from just knowing someone's getting tortured...like it makes our military some kind of mean badaszes like you see on TV shows. Tell me it isn't. When I was in the service 20 years ago, the idea of torturing the enemy was not even thought of. That's what Nazis and Japs did.

19. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -4

#75 Jersey

oh please...save it. You people on this forum who pretend to know what you are talking about make me sick. The fact of the matter is we do things that are in the best interest of national security. To condemn another country for doing the same things we do, i will admit, is kind of holier than thou. But the things we do in the dark confines of our interogation cells are needed to protect each and every one of you. The same people who complain about what we do to bad guys are the same that will be pissed when terrorists blow up another U.S. building. It reminds me of this, one of the greatest quotes of all time...

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

It is not about a specific ideology, but about the issue of torture.. it is very clear to me that we should not as a country support torture.