Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hold up...Reggie Miller?!?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by Fixit, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

2. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

talking about it on WEEI right now....as much as i have disliked RM in the past, i don't see a downside here for either side.
  3. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i don't see downside, but i don't see much upside either. he'd be a roleplayer, a guy who can hit shots but not much else.

I see Boston needing defensive roleplayers much moreso than offensive ones. They have a bunch of spots to fill, though.
  4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -0

I think Boston fans across the board respected Miller at the same time they couldn't stand him for the big shots he'd hit.

If true this is interesting but again, like everyone else, my only question is whether this team as a championship caliber defense...

I guess with the offensive production they can put up they don't need to have the best D of all time - but I think they still need to shore up D more than it is now
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

We need to find a Bruce Bowen type of SF, or a Charles Oakley kind of PF on the bench.

This team is too soft right now, we need some great defense/hustle/muscle guys.
  6. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

someone should tell Danny Ainge that they sold enough tickets already with the Garnett signing.

If the C's were to sign the 42 year old Miller, then this would officially be a circus. At forty two he has no place on the basketball court. Picture Jordan returning to the Wizards, except imagine worse than that.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 7 / -23

File this under very suspicious, maybe Karl Malone could come on board for one more run.. never disliked Miller, but @ 42 and out of the game for 2 years, seems a bit preposterous.
  8. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

I have mixed feelings about this potential Miller return...

But while Jordan should never have returned to the game and tarnished his perfect finish to his career, it's not like he was a bad player when he came back at his age, he just shouldn't have been the best player on the Wizards, which unfortunately (for what at the team was a weak team) he was.

That isn't the case with Miller. He'd play 10-15 minutes a game. At most. I'm sure he can still shoot the lights out...as annoying as he is, and as much as I disliked him throughout his career for being such an annoying assclown on the court.

I'd say this COULD be a good thing, IF all parties know what is expected of them. That said, it seems like an unnecessary thing.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  9. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is much different than Jordan....millar wouldn't play more than 15minutes and would only be asked to shoot, which i am sure he can still do!
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Reggie Miller will basically play a 'Steve Kerr' or 'Craig Hodges' role: come in a few minutes at a time, shoot a few threes, and then sit down.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Karl Malone I could understand, considering how thin we are up front. Heck, Allan Houston, who's 36, makes more sense than a 42 year old Reggie Miller. We need role players, and role players that are defensive oriented, and can rebound, just as someone above said.
  12. TurkishNippl3z

TurkishNippl3z Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've heard about this...

If it were to be true that would be amazing.

5 seconds left, down by 2 in game 7 of the NBA finals (wishful thinking) and you have 4 options... The truth, Ray Allen, Big Ticket, or Reggie?

It doesn't get much better than that.