PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoge picks Chargers over Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he's consistent.
Staring into my crystal ball, Mike Ditka and Shannon Sharpe will pick the Chargers too.

Shannon Sharpe and Marino already said there is no way the Chargers win (kiss of death from Shannon! haha!). Shannon said "I see a 41 point game". These guys are terrible at making predictions. They all unanimously picked the Colts over the Chargers big on the pre-game show and looked like fools.

When the True/False question was asked will Cromartie get an interception on Manning they all said "false" as well. Why does anyone even ask their opinion?

hell... keep em coming... let everybody say the chargers are gonna win...

Everybody? Last I checked, the line for Sunday's game is Pats by 15.5. Maybe it's a little high, maybe it's not, but even many of the Chargers fans will admit that we're a long shot to win next week.

Do you post on the Colts board? I swear I read the same thing last week! I'm looking forward to finding out how serious the injury to Rivers is. If he's out.... boo.

I think it is common knowledge that the Chargers are the biggest bunch of classless whiners that ever played the game, so anybody could have posted it.

I get the odd feeling that if the dolphins were chosen to play to patriots in the afcc next week, he'd pick them to win too. :D

Now if only we can get every other media member to pick the chargers, the patriots will win by about 50 points.
Hoge is taking the Bolts? I must have missed that. I think that's pretty bold for a mediot.

What's the line right now? 14.5? What was the SB 70 Jets v. Colts line? Like 16? What's the largest line ever in the post season?

Myself...waiting for Marshall Faulk to pick against the Pats next week :rolleyes:

If the Pats go on to win the SB, in the postgame show on NFLN he'll be picking the Pats to lose the 2008 season opener against whoever they play :)

Change the thread title to 'Merrill Hoge continues to successfully troll oblivious Patsfans.com posters.'

Because that's all he's trying to do is drum up attention and hey, everyone who makes a big deal about his stupid predictions is playing right into it, congrats.

Change the thread title to 'Merrill Hoge continues to successfully troll oblivious Patsfans.com posters.'

Because that's all he's trying to do is drum up attention and hey, everyone who makes a big deal about his stupid predictions is playing right into it, congrats.

Or maybe Hoge's on the Patriots payroll to help develop the "no respect" world in which you live...then again, it sounds like Hoge's taking the Patriots but still it somehow gets twisted as a "he's disrespecting us" whine.

I get the odd feeling that if the dolphins were chosen to play to patriots in the afcc next week, he'd pick them to win too. :D

Now if only we can get every other media member to pick the chargers, the patriots will win by about 50 points.

He has obviously decided before the playoffs started NOT to pick the Patriots for any of their games. Doesn't really matter since it won't affect the game. He's now picked both the Jags and the Bolts...think about. He obviously is not concerned with his reputation and wants to be the one (& only one) to say "I told you so!"

Hodge picked the pats over the bolts .i heard him say it with my ears and i saw him with my own two eyes .he picked the pats .

Last edited:
Somebody find us some real news - quick.

Everytime I see him sitting there, stiff and saying something stupid, all I can picture is Samwise Gamgee

Attachments

• SamwiseGamgee.JPG
    SamwiseGamgee.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 163

Yup.

1) Hoge Ranks 9-2 Steelers above 12-0 Patriots
2) Hoge Says Colts last 5 years more impressive than 19-0
3) Hoge picks Chargers over Patriots

And next week he will pick the Pats to lose the Super Bowl. He's a troll, don't feed him.

Everybody? Last I checked, the line for Sunday's game is Pats by 15.5. Maybe it's a little high, maybe it's not, but even many of the Chargers fans will admit that we're a long shot to win next week.

Just heard on NFL Network that Rivers is questionable after an MRI... However, this means nothing.. With or without Rivers, it will be the same result for the Chargers.... I don't think this will be a close game either... The Pats will take a considerable lead by the half... After 30 mins, BB's biggest decision will be whether to play Matt Cassell or not...

Last edited:
He has obviously decided before the playoffs started NOT to pick the Patriots for any of their games. Doesn't really matter since it won't affect the game. He's now picked both the Jags and the Bolts...think about. He obviously is not concerned with his reputation and wants to be the one (& only one) to say "I told you so!"
By picking who he does he IS upholding his reputation. There is avery good chance people tune in just to hear the next rediculous,outlandish thing he's going to come out with. And to see what what non-matching out fit hes going to wear in pubilc. Although hes better dressed now than a few years ago. Someone must have told him tht polkadots,strips,and cordaroy don't go toghether.

Last edited:
Everytime I see him sitting there, stiff and saying something stupid, all I can picture is Samwise Gamgee
I was watching him Sat. or Sun. and I thought he looks like he belongs behind a horse and plow.

At least he's consistent.
Staring into my crystal ball, Mike Ditka and Shannon Sharpe will pick the Chargers too.

Don't forget Marshall Faulk....

Don't let that bother you. He's a HUGE Patriot Hater. Always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes