HOF Voter leonard Shapiro of the Wash Post Repeats Tomase's Libel

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
The Jets are feeling real heat over tripgate and they and their folks are pulling out the stops.

In reality, Rex setting up those 6 guys to interfere with the game in progress is far more serious than the Patriots having a camera in public but filming from an unallowed position.

rex speaks

Attachments

• jets4.jpg
    jets4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,179
Do people have some sort of automatic web search program to automatically find every reporter that included the word "spygate" in a new story so they can post the link on this board and help that hack generate page hits?

He's the same guy who wrote this. Sounds a lot like Easterbrook. He can go **** himself.

Since Monday, King, Easterbrook, and now this hack Shapiro have referenced "SpyGate".

Something tells me that the timing of these articles is not a coincidence.

Since Monday, King, Easterbrook, and now this hack Shapiro have referenced "SpyGate".

Something tells me that the timing of these articles is not a coincidence.

This is because of the Jets. Rex setting up those 6 guys to interfere with the game in progress is far more serious than the Patriots having a camera in public but filming from an unallowed position. This is the reason. They are running scared. They need to find something to divert attention fast.

This is because of the Jets. Rex setting up those 6 guys to interfere with the game in progress is far more serious than the Patriots having a camera in public but filming from an unallowed position. This is the reason. They are running scared. They need to find something to divert attention fast.

No this is not because of Sal.

This is because we beat the Jet 45-3 and the Bears almost by as much. Whenever we hit the #1 spot on the power ranking the haters are gonna bring up spygate. Doesn't matter what else is going on.

Please remove the tin foil hats before posting again.

Last edited:
Another article that people shouldn't read and support let alone post on a forum where hundreds of other people can read it, support it, and get pissed off. I know I'm not required to click on this thread so spare me the lecture about it. I'm merely hoping that I can convince as many people as possible to not give these people hits at the expense of their blood pressure levels.

In the end, crap like this is why I took pretty much all of 2007 off from posting on this forum. I actually found the season far more enjoyable than I would have had I contributed regularly on here as I do today.

16-1? This guy is an idiot.

Another article that people shouldn't read and support let alone post on a forum where hundreds of other people can read it, support it, and get pissed off. I know I'm not required to click on this thread so spare me the lecture about it. I'm merely hoping that I can convince as many people as possible to not give these people hits at the expense of their blood pressure levels.

In the end, crap like this is why I took pretty much all of 2007 off from posting on this forum. I actually found the season far more enjoyable than I would have had I contributed regularly on here as I do today.

Whatever gets you through the night.......

But there is a big world out there and some of us are interested in it.

Patjew has to deal with the Chinese internet censors, we don't.

That being said, if anyone's blood pressure level is affected by reading negative and hostile columns, then I fully agree - - by all means do not tempt fate by reading that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Good point. The dissemination of this drivel only attracts attention if it is perused. I admit that I clicked on the link to the article and read it, but did not post a reply there. Going forward, I will not give these agenda-pushing mediots the time of day, as I now know which ones regurgitate such garbage opinion and pass it off as fact. I don't want to read any more spiteful pieces that could mar my enjoyment of the Patriots 2010 season.

Last edited:
Good point. The dissemination of this drivel only attracts attention if it is perused. I admit that I clicked on the link to the article and read it, but did not post a reply there. Going forward, I will not give these agenda-pushing mediots the time of day, as I now know which ones regurgitate such garbage opinion and pass it off as fact. I don't want to read any more spiteful pieces that could mar my enjoyment of the Patriots 2010 season.

In the meantime, the writer is an NFL HOF voter and, perhaps, bringing this kind of libel to light could cause him to lose his vote. Mr. Kraft has every right to prosecute for libel or pressure Goodell to drop this guy's selection credentials.

I appreciate that you "don't want to read any more spiteful pieces that could mar my enjoyment of the Patriots 2010 season" and this is why threads are unique and can be skipped by any reader.

The Jets are feeling real heat over tripgate and they and their folks are pulling out the stops.

In reality, Rex setting up those 6 guys to interfere with the game in progress is far more serious than the Patriots having a camera in public but filming from an unallowed position.

rex speaks

really hate to bring this up but do you have a link regarding this?

Last edited:
really hate to bring this up but do you have a link regarding this?

This is the rule they broke. If it was done from the stands they would have been legal. The NFL sent a memo out that summer about it an that is why the NFL came down so hard.

The official NFL rule regarding coaching video states, "No video record ing devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

NFL reportedly finds Patriots at fault - The Boston Globe

I just can't believe how much hatred this team inspires. I always try to just brush it off because they are my team, I am thinking that I am overly sensitive to comments from Chris Carter, Merrill Hodge, Marshall Faulk and others on TV...and writers like Bill Rhoden...

But this article is ridiculous. It has been 3 years, it is a totally different team, this guy writes for local paper in a different city...I don't get it, how are the first 3 paragraphs even relevant? They are also inaccurate. I mean, 16-1? Is that a joke? The attacks just continue, I don't get why, is it really because Belichick is a jerk to the media?

I can't imagine how that one factor causes this much animosity. Oh well, I am going to enjoy this team, and try to block it out.

For what it's worth I thought the comments posted by Pats fans were great

I just can't believe how much hatred this team inspires. I always try to just brush it off because they are my team, I am thinking that I am overly sensitive to comments from Chris Carter, Merrill Hodge, Marshall Faulk and others on TV...and writers like Bill Rhoden...

But this article is ridiculous. It has been 3 years, it is a totally different team, this guy writes for local paper in a different city...I don't get it, how are the first 3 paragraphs even relevant? They are also inaccurate. I mean, 16-1? Is that a joke? The attacks just continue, I don't get why, is it really because Belichick is a jerk to the media?

I can't imagine how that one factor causes this much animosity. Oh well, I am going to enjoy this team, and try to block it out.

For what it's worth I thought the comments posted by Pats fans were great

They may not even be Pats fans, but just smart readers who are calling the writer to task.

This is the rule they broke. If it was done from the stands they would have been legal. The NFL sent a memo out that summer about it an that is why the NFL came down so hard.

The official NFL rule regarding coaching video states, "No video record ing devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

NFL reportedly finds Patriots at fault - The Boston Globe

Minor point...but as far as I know, the memo was sent out September of 2006.

Last edited:
Whatever gets you through the night.......

But there is a big world out there and some of us are interested in it.

Patjew has to deal with the Chinese internet censors, we don't.

That being said, if anyone's blood pressure level is affected by reading negative and hostile columns, then I fully agree - - by all means do not tempt fate by reading that kind of stuff.

By all means, be interested in it if that's your kind of thing. I just don't agree with putting it up on a forum where hundreds of people will click on the link to give the website, and the writer, hits. People even such as myself will do it (ex - sevengables_2207). When putting up this kind of stuff, then giving the natural negative opinion afterward, you're only lining the guys pockets and giving him incentive to push this garbage more. As for him getting kicked off the HOF voting, I'm sure that Kraft and/or the Patriots are going to be all over it... PatsFans.com thread or not.

Anyway, I know I don't have any sort of responsibility or obligation to click on the thread. So I'll leave you guys that wish to get riled up over this sort of thing to it. :)

Last edited:
Do people have some sort of automatic web search program to automatically find every reporter that included the word "spygate" in a new story so they can post the link on this board and help that hack generate page hits?

Wait, you don't? Yahoo pipes my friend..lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes