PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein's got knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

Reiss reports Hochstein has a knee injury and speculates Billy Yates will be brought up from the Practice Squad. As a theory, it makes more sense that Billy is the 53rd player and not some big name clown demanding a trade. I just hope it isn't serious enough to keep Russ out of the November brawls.

On a side note, does anyone know if Gene Mruczkowski has been picked up by anyone?

Box_O_Rocks said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

Reiss reports Hochstein has a knee injury and speculates Billy Yates will be brought up from the Practice Squad. As a theory, it makes more sense that Billy is the 53rd player and not some big name clown demanding a trade. I just hope it isn't serious enough to keep Russ out of the November brawls.

On a side note, does anyone know if Gene Mruczkowski has been picked up by anyone?

Not sure about Mruc, I could see some shuffling on the O line. It seems like Kaczur took a step back with his shoulder, I won't be surprised to see him go to the IR.

Given that there was no player picked up last week, it's too bad they prematurely released Hank Poteat.

The other DB's - Andrews, Spann, Iwuoma - are more special teams guys. With Gay out, that leaves Samuel, Scott, and an injured Hobbs as the only coverage corners.

If he was the 53rd guy, he could always be released the second they need the spot. But I would see a guy like Le Kevin Smith or Marquise Hill as more of a 53rd guy right now. They always seem to need the depth at corner.

And I guess the relevant question here is who can snap?

That seems to favor Mruczkowski over Yates or Stevenson. Mrooch was a guard/center, whereas I'm not sure Yates or Stevenson have experience as a back-up center. Without a back-up center, you enter a game with a lot of risk.

cstjohn17 said:
Not sure about Mruc, I could see some shuffling on the O line. It seems like Kaczur took a step back with his shoulder, I won't be surprised to see him go to the IR.
Britt held up against Cincinnati, IR for Kac may just be in his best interest. Do you bring Sean Bubin up from the Practice Squad? Sign a guy off the street? Give Mankins more reps at LT and use your Guard depth?

Urgent said:
And I guess the relevant question here is who can snap?

That seems to favor Mruczkowski over Yates or Stevenson. Mrooch was a guard/center, whereas I'm not sure Yates or Stevenson have experience as a back-up center. Without a back-up center, you enter a game with a lot of risk.
Reiss and others have reported on Yates and Stevenson staying after practive during Mini-camp to work on Center duties. There's also the comforting fact that Dante Scarnecchia runs the O-line, he even had Britt taking snaps according to one Training Camp report.

EDIT: The more critical question in my mind, who takes Hochstein's duties as the reserve Long Snapper?

Last edited:
Reiss. Who the hell is that guy?

According to "I'mRonBorges?", "Patriotsrule","Patsman12" and "Alisonlovesbrady", Reiss is nothing more than a Kraft butt-kisser who is fed inside info by the Patriots because he "never" writes anything that would rock the boat.

shmessy said:

According to "I'mRonBorges?", "Patriotsrule","Patsman12" and "Alisonlovesbrady", Reiss is nothing more than a Kraft butt-kisser who is fed inside info by the Patriots because he "never" writes anything that would rock the boat.
Hochstein's knee is rocking the boat? Yates is a possibility to fill in behind Russ is rocking the boat? Shmessy calling out anti-Reiss fans, now that's roc...no scratch that, it's actually pretty normal. :D

shmessy said:
Actually, I was calling out one person.
Making it official are we? :p

shmessy said:

Hopefully Casale knows he has at least some faithful support here at Patspsycho.com!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye