PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein re-signed to 1-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back!

Hoch is a backup LG, C, RG, LS, FB and TE. He is a key part of our goalline offense and is always active on Game Day as the backup to all the above. In addition, he can start if needed. Hoch is a perfect role player, a perfect patriot.

I love Russ, but if he's coming back for anything other than LS, or just to create competition in camp, I'm bummed. Yates coming back was a bummer, but I've also wondered if Billy was nursing an injury to slip as badly as he did. I really want to see NE draft a late 2nd/third round interior OL who can play all three slots, this draft has some kids who could develop nicely as Neal's heirs.

Why be bummed? I still think that we will draft a lineman and cut Yates or O'Callahan if he is good enough to make the roster.

I love Russ, but if he's coming back for anything other than LS, or just to create competition in camp, I'm bummed. Yates coming back was a bummer, but I've also wondered if Billy was nursing an injury to slip as badly as he did. I really want to see NE draft a late 2nd/third round interior OL who can play all three slots, this draft has some kids who could develop nicely as Neal's heirs.

Welcome back!

Hoch is a backup LG, C, RG, LS, FB and TE. He is a key part of our goalline offense and is always active on Game Day as the backup to all the above. In addition, he can start if needed. Hoch is a perfect role player, a perfect patriot.

And Warren Sapp probably still thinks he can't block.....but what the eff does he know:D

Glad Hoch is stickin around......

I am not sure signing Yates...Hoch precludes looking at the young...more competition..Hoch is solid inside...it's a 1 year deal. I like it...I agree he is a perfect Patriot.

Re: Hochstein resigned for 1 year deal.

I hate Russ Hochstein, he's an awful offensive lineman and he can burn in my oven.

How big is your oven??? :D

The guy has been a tolerable backup at times, a don't-miss-a-beat backup at others. And he's increasingly useful in sub packages.

What would be amazing would be if he became the regular long snapper, but we'll see if that really happens. Paxton made, IIRC, a number of tackles; dunno if Hochstein would make as many, or make them as far downfield.

Also IIRC, Paxton had a couple of penalties. Dunno if Hochstein would make those either.

Good. I loved seeing him rumble through the guard and tackle positions to open up holes for our running backs.

Not to mention as a fullback on occasion right?

:D
I gained so much respect for Hochstein after that game against the Cards last year. This guy is indeed the Perfect Patriot.

good; the perfect Patriot player

The guy has been a more than capable backup for years. I thought he was outstanding as a FB. Nothing wrong with this signing.

Good move by the Pats, he gives us some more good depth at OL which is a place where we can always use solid backups

Last edited:
Why be bummed? I still think that we will draft a lineman and cut Yates or O'Callahan if he is good enough to make the roster.
Bummed, because I was hoping someone else would overpay for Hoch - for his sake - and because I'm ready to move on from our current crop of reserve interior OL. Like you I have drafting a replacement for Neal high on my list, I just can't see any value to bringing Hoch back, unless they want him for LS.

Bummed, because I was hoping someone else would overpay for Hoch - for his sake - and because I'm ready to move on from our current crop of reserve interior OL. Like you I have drafting a replacement for Neal high on my list, I just can't see any value to bringing Hoch back, unless they want him for LS.

don't feel bad.......the pats are overpaying for woods..........see how the world balances itself out?

A solid backup at three line positions, who can long snap and play goal line full back on a 1-year deal isn't value to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back