PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein Hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss also reported this a few times during the game as well.

They didn't learn from the Seymour experiment.

They learned not to use Seymour as a blocker. Hochstein's job is to block people; why is it wrong that he can only block from a three point stance and not on the move? Doesn't he block LBs in space as an OG/OC?

Last edited:

*sigh* Give me a break. Hochstein is a friggin O-lineman. Its his JOB to slam against defensive tackles and defensive ends. It wasn't Seymour's job ot be out there blocking on the goal line unit and running patterns. The two really aren't comparable.

I sure hope they don't fail to learn their lesson and use Heath Evans as a blocker for Maroney - he might get hurt!

As far as Hoch is concerned, eh. I mean, I don't want the guy to be injured, but his roster spot isn't locked up anyway.

*sigh* Give me a break. Hochstein is a friggin O-lineman. Its his JOB to slam against defensive tackles and defensive ends. It wasn't Seymour's job ot be out there blocking on the goal line unit and running patterns. The two really aren't comparable.
I beg to differ about Sey's job description, it seems to be the philosophy of BB coached Patriot teams that the job is to play football.

We can argue that a Tom Brady or Richard Seymour are too valuable to engage in non-standard behavior such as catching passes or lead blocking in goal line situations, but the reality is Tommy could twist his knee dropping back to pass (look at Donovan McNabb tearing his knee up just running out of bounds) or Sey could mess his knee up chasing down a RB, as we've seen from numerous other defensive players around the league. I'd rather Hochstein got game reps as a lead blocker from the FB position over Seymour, but as long as BB is HC of the NEP, I'm not going to get bent over which player he thinks will best get the job done in a given situation - as we were reminded of when the Bledsoe/Brady debates were recently revisited.

I just hope Hoch has a minor ding and we'll have him for the season.

Reiss also reported this a few times during the game as well.

Lordy, P1 !

Lemme get this straight.
You're watching the game - as well as Ch 5, Cross, and Criqui let you watch the game.
Usually, you're tappin' out a play-by-play for deprived Patsfans beyond the broadcast signal.
You're recording, OF COURSE, for film breakdowns ... and prob'ly taking the odd note or two to yourself
about what to doublecheck.

Now you tell us that you ALSO are auditing whatever Reiss (and who knows who else) is blogging.

Good grief, i wish i could offer such a paragon of work ethic
a job!

Lordy, P1 !

Lemme get this straight.
You're watching the game - as well as Ch 5, Cross, and Criqui let you watch the game.
Usually, you're tappin' out a play-by-play for deprived Patsfans beyond the broadcast signal.
You're recording, OF COURSE, for film breakdowns ... and prob'ly taking the odd note or two to yourself
about what to doublecheck.

Now you tell us that you ALSO are auditing whatever Reiss (and who knows who else) is blogging.

Good grief, i wish i could offer such a paragon of work ethic
a job!

Not this time around!

I was actually at a fine dining establishment for 4 hours.

I came home two hours after I had expected to, watched the last few minutes of the game sans the chatroom, and then checked out Reiss' blog. I then called it a night, got up this morning, and eventually got to breaking down that film, all the while checking Patsfans.

Next week the game is on CBS, so I think I take a reprieve from the play-by-play again, as most everyone will able to watch the game live. Then, of course, it's straight to the film again.

And I love it. :D

(Hint: It's even better when you do it with a thinking cap on. :D)

They learned not to use Seymour as a blocker. Hochstein's job is to block people; why is it wrong that he can only block from a three point stance and not on the move? Doesn't he block LBs in space as an OG/OC?

you're right...and don't forget Hochstein played as tackle eligible last year as part of
the "jumbo" formation the Pats use inside
the 5 yd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes