PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein False Start: Evans would have had 1st Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
come clean on what?

what part of the "Ravens D co-ordinator called time out" do you NOT get?

really kid...see a shrink, you're completely delusional

I think that was more tongue n cheek on Tommy's part.

Look at the actual play though and see that Light is the last one out of his stance and he just stands up and gets bowled over into Brady. I'd say Light heard the whistle even if Brady didn't.

And yes, the Ravens defender exploited the gap left behind by Hochstein pulling. That's undeniable. I can't see how the Colt fan is even arguing this point. I made his exact point yesterday in a thread.

IIRC, In the Pats/Titans playoff game in 2003 a false start penalty negated a Bruschi INT. Instead of Pats ball the titans converted and ended up scoring a TD. Of course the game came down to the wire.

I'm still cold from that game.

HE BAN ME 666659 said:
What???

WHAT???
He moves on time, he still vacates that spot, and how is the Ravens D-lineman going opposite? He's coming through that hole and meeting Evans in the backfield. No way Brady takes that snap, turns, hands off, and Evans gets by D-lineman before D-lineman gets through that hole. If the PATS RT doesn't block that man, play blows up for the 2nd time.

How can you say WHAT??? Are you speculating, or have you reviewed the taped replay of this critical play?

Last edited:
I don't give a **** what he "felt". If he heard the GD whistle, why didn't he stand up and spike the f*cking ball, or back out and kneel?? Now, think before you speak, because remember, you can't say "well, what if he THOUGHT he heard the whistle, but it wasn't from the refs"? Cause if he THOUGHT this, then he would have TRIED for the first, as it appears he DID.

Think before you speak he says, just after he asks "why didn't he stand up and spike the f*cking ball"? Um, SPIKING THE BALL LIKE THAT IS A PENALTY!!!!

Think before you speak he says, just after he asks "why didn't he stand up and spike the f*cking ball"? Um, SPIKING THE BALL LIKE THAT IS A PENALTY!!!!
Manning always spikes a the ball when a play is whistled dead. If Brady thought the play was dead, why did he make a half ass effort? Spiking is not a penalty, it is used all the time to stop the clock. Look, folks have already spoken out and pretty much agreed that Brady was joking when he made his comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back