PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!! Hochstein provides really good insurance for the interior of our line, especially at C.

Anything to read into this re:Koppen? Would he be the answer at C if Koppen can't go?

miDeuce said:
Anything to read into this re:Koppen? Would he be the answer at C if Koppen can't go?

Since Hochstein was already signed for 2006, I don't think this signals anything about Koppen's short-term readiness.

This is good news...Hochstein is a solid interior player..at C, G..I don't know what is says about Koppen at all...a good move!!!

miDeuce said:

I hope not. I like Russ but he's just a finger in a dike. Good backup.

Fraud monitoring.....finally!!!

fgssand said:
Fraud monitoring.....finally!!!

I thought he wanted to be the director?

Good move. Especially with the pitance of a 400,000 signing bonus. (I hate saying $400,000 dolars guarenteed is a pittance, but still.) So proably decent cap hit for a guy that is a very reliable backup. Seems like we intend to have strong, deep and long term on both lines. Which is just fine IMHO.

patchick said:
Since Hochstein was already signed for 2006, I don't think this signals anything about Koppen's short-term readiness.

It would be a wise extension regardless of Koppen's state... but in terms of negotiating, Hochstein is in a better negotiating position if it becomes known that Koppen has injury issues... so perhaps that did factor into why they extended him sooner rather than later

Last edited:
This is an important move. It guarantees us a center that we know can start through 2008. As the article points out, all of our top SEVEN OL's are signed though 2007 (all except Koppen).

Last edited:
Good insurance policy in case Koppen can't come back at full strength. Hochstein knows the system. Solid move to retain one of our own guys on the OL.

:singing: Rock On Russ! :rocker:

Box_O_Rocks said:
:singing: Rock On Russ! :rocker:

Where have you been, Box. We almost missed you. Well, we noticed that you weren'tposting for a few days.

In a related story, Warren Sapp is reportedly still trying to get past the blocking of Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon.

PATSNUTme said:
Where have you been, Box. We almost missed you. Well, we noticed that you weren'tposting for a few days.
I went to church, confession just seems to take longer these days. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
I went to church, confession just seems to take longer these days. :D

That is perfectly understandable in your case.:rolleyes:

PATSNUTme said:
That is perfectly understandable in your case.:rolleyes:
Sad but true, I just need longer naps these days. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back