PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hochstein and Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm watching the Miami tape - stress therapy - and observed Cassel's first dropped shotgun snap. At the time it was reported Hoch had snapped it low, which it came in about thigh level, but Koppen used to hit Tommy in the shins about 6 times a game. Where things broke down is Cassel started back pedalling before he secured the ball, just like a receiver looking upfield before finishing the catch. Tommy is very good at staying in his catcher's stance until he gets the ball - hopefully Cassel being a pitcher won't hold back his development. :cool:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Just for the record, I'm watching the Miami tape - stress therapy - and observed Cassel's first dropped shotgun snap. At the time it was reported Hoch had snapped it low, which it came in about thigh level, but Koppen used to hit Tommy in the shins about 6 times a game. Where things broke down is Cassel started back pedalling before he secured the ball, just like a receiver looking upfield before finishing the catch. Tommy is very good at staying in his catcher's stance until he gets the ball - hopefully Cassel being a pitcher won't hold back his development. :cool:

I saw a lot of poise and talent out of Cassel after he got a few snaps under his belt. I was very encouraged. I think at 23 years old, BB/Pioli have secured themselves a good young QB to back up Brady. He's already shown me more than Rohan Davey ever did. I feel alot more comfortable with Brady's backup situation than I did before seeing that game.

Box_O_Rocks said:

he recovered nicely

at least he knows that securing the ball is the first priority of a broken play

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill