PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs the next pats breakout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs wont even start this season, so i dont know how he's going to have a break out year.

Hobbs wont even start this season, so i dont know how he's going to have a break out year.

Huh????

Who's better than Hobbs on the roster outside of Samuel?

Hobbs isn't a #1 CB in my book, but he doesn't suck. He did a good job on Reggie Wayne in the AFCCG. IMO, the Pats secondary is in good shape with him starting on the other side of Asante.

Last edited:
I completely agree B-to-B. Hobbs is a really good second year corner who struggled with injuries this season. He (and Samuel) had a terrific playoffs and goes into training camp as a starter.

James Sanders.

My sleeper pick would be that somebody on the OL gets injured and Yates comes in and plays well.

I completely agree B-to-B. Hobbs is a really good second year corner who struggled with injuries this season. He (and Samuel) had a terrific playoffs and goes into training camp as a starter.

Well, I don't want to give Hobbs too much credit. He did get burned in SD. Dropped passes, and underthrown ball, and a receiver that couldn't keep his feet inbounds saved Hobbs from getting the goat treatment. But I like him, but as a #2 CB.

If we lose Asante, this team is in trouble.

Hobbs is already a solid #2 corner. For him to have a breakout year he'd have to become a shutdown, probowl corner. For those who determine gameplay by stats, try watching the games. Hobbs was left in single coverage just as much as Samuel. If BB didn't have faith in him he would have protected him with a safety or another DB. Especially toward the end of the year his play was equal to Samuel only Hobbs was a better tackler.

Hobbs is already a solid #2 corner. For him to have a breakout year he'd have to become a shutdown, probowl corner. For those who determine gameplay by stats, try watching the games. Hobbs was left in single coverage just as much as Samuel. If BB didn't have faith in him he would have protected him with a safety or another DB. Especially toward the end of the year his play was equal to Samuel only Hobbs was a better tackler.
What Hobbs need to do to have a breakout year is come up with some big plays. As I said before, I think his wrist injury really limited him this year, so if he is healthy next year, I could really see him breaking out some big plays. With the injury, he was focused on just getting by this year. Next year he can be much more proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes