PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs likely out for game

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots CB Ellis Hobbs (wrist) did not practice Friday, Sept. 29, and he is unlikely to play in Week 4.

I hate to do it, but for my pool, I have to pick Cincy... oh the pain!

Last edited:
That won't help.

Think about it.............who the hell is the #3 CB? You know things are bad when we aren't eve sure who the #3 CB is. Would that be Scott?

This is no surprise...he hasn't practiced all week..I doubt he makes the trip to Cinci...yes..Scott....Wilson MIGHT be used..but who knows if he can play...HankP??

:singing: "It's the end of the world as we know it..." :singing:

He only missed the media portion of practice, which is the first 15 minutes. I have to think that he will play if he finished the game last week with a wrist injury. My opinion (based on nothing but my own deductive reasoning) is that he will play. The only way he would miss this game with a wrist injury is if it is broken and that would not be good, but they could put a cast on it and if he broke it last week then why did he finish the game?

NEM said:
I hope he doesnt play, at least not start. Cincy WR's will eat him up alive... He's too short, as is Asante and it's beginning to show this season.
Really???

Lee Evans 5'11
Chad Johnson 6'0
TJ Housh 6'1

That big of a difference?

Box_O_Rocks said:
:singing: "It's the end of the world as we know it..." :singing:

Right, that isn't a big deal at all. Actually, with how good the Patriots have looked this season, we shouldn't be worried about anything. Especially missing a starting corner - the same week another corner went on IR - the week they're playing the Bengals. You keep walking around with your eyes closed and let me know how that works for you after this game and the Colts game. Maybe by 2008, the Patriots will actually beat a good team again instead of feasting on the NFL bottom feeders. Nothing to be concerned about though.

NEM said:
I hope he doesnt play, at least not start. Cincy WR's will eat him up alive... He's too short, as is Asante and it's beginning to show this season.

I don't give a sh!t if he is considered a midget, he is still by far our best cover guy.

Are you saying that you would rather have a 6'1 corner playing even if the 6'2 receiver is 20 yards away from him than a 5'10 corner who may get beat on a jump ball but otherwise his coverage is like fly on sh!t?:cool:

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Right, that isn't a big deal at all. Actually, with how good the Patriots have looked this season, we shouldn't be worried about anything. Especially missing a starting corner - the same week another corner went on IR - the week they're playing the Bengals. You keep walking around with your eyes closed and let me know how that works for you after this game and the Colts game. Maybe by 2008, the Patriots will actually beat a good team again instead of feasting on the NFL bottom feeders. Nothing to be concerned about though.

Ron, you calling box (or anyone for that matter) blind is like Corky calling someone ******ed. It kind of looses its sting. Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Sorry box didn't mean to call you blind. Whoops, its fixed now.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:

Yes the secondary is suspect. It has been for two seasons now. The key here is to scheme to offset the talent imbalance by disrupting the flow and rythm of the Cincy passing attack.
But we, as fans, hold hope that the secondary will mature and develop as the coaches plan they will. Injuries slow this process, and this team has had plenty of them recently. It is frustrating for the fans, and must be maddening for the coaches. But to concede defeat before the opening snap? Not gonna happen here.

does this mean we might some more of #23 on Sunday? I'm not sure where the coaching feels Andrews is, but lets hope he's got something because if he doesnt we are screwed

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I thought the guy only had a wrist injury? If so he surely could play. it's a decoy.

mgcolby said:
Ron, you calling box (or anyone for that matter) blind is like Corky calling someone ******ed. It kind of looses its sting. Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Sorry box didn't mean to call you blind. Whoops, its fixed now.
Sorry McC, were you typing at me? My font defaulted down to 32 point and I had to break out my Official Ron Borges Braile Keyboard Template For Fiction Writers to get my screen reset. ;)

MrBigglesWorth said:
I thought the guy only had a wrist injury? If so he surely could play. it's a decoy.
Hasnt practiced in three straight days (for the media attendence) and is still on the list as questionable.

Basicially 50/50.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Hasnt practiced in three straight days (for the media attendence) and is still on the list as questionable.

Basicially 50/50.
No, he hasn't practiced for the portion of the practice where the media is present which is about 15 minutes. Don't let Belichik fool you. A cornerback with a wrist injury not playing? gimme a break.

NEM said:

As always you're completely insane. You hope our best corner doesn't play because the WRs we're about to face are too good for him? As if Chad Scott or Hank Poteat will do better?? What the hell is wrong with your point of view, NEM? You never make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes