PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs kick return

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Huge, huge play. Biggest play of the season. If the Pats start on the their 20 and go 3 and out the game is practically over.

Hobbs may not be Rod Woodson but he has given the Pats a lot of value for a 3rd round pick.

the game is not over. difference of opinion

Huge, huge play. Biggest play of the season. If the Pats start on the their 20 and go 3 and out the game is practically over.

Hobbs may not be Rod Woodson but he has given the Pats a lot of value for a 3rd round pick.
And he does it game to game also.

He's one of the best KR guys the Pats have ever had. He's not a huge threat to go the distance, but he IS a huge threat to get it into opposing territory at least once a game.

And he does it game to game also.

Remember Bethel Johnson's great day returning kicks that allowed the Pats to beat Indy in a game that essentially clinched homefield, ie trip to the SB for us? It was the Willie Mac goal line stand game.
Hobbs makes those types of game changing returns regularly.

remember his 108 yard return a year or so ago. That was sick.

I wasn't a big fan of Hobbs always preferred Asante Samuels. But after seeing him play week in and week out it's clear that he's our best cover man in our current secondary. I hope the Pats plan on locking him up long term real soon. Ellis Hobbs brings alot to this Team and unlike some players in this league he also plays hurt.

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Hobbs always preferred Asante Samuels. But after seeing him play week in and week out it's clear that he's our best cover man in our current secondary. I hope the Pats plan on locking him up long term real soon. Ellis Hobbs brings alot to this Team and unlike some players in this league he also plays hurt.

My only complaint about the KRs is something that has little to do with Hobbs. It seems like when he has a long return, he has to make it by running through traffic and barely dodging tacklers. It seems like when other teams have long returns, the get them because a massive crease across the field opens up and the returner goes untouched.

The Pats ST coverage is generally very very good, but it seems like we have fairly mediocre blocking on returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back