PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs is getting destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hobbs pissed off at NEM???

Hey NEM.... piss him off some more please.;) :D

Hobbs SUCKS as a starting corner.

The little twerp cant cover anyone one on one.

He is useless as a corner,k always gets beat inside, and cant keep up with the taller receivers on fly patterns as he gets faked out by any simple move.

He is killing us on the corner cause he is to freakin small.

And, on his kickoff return on Sunday, he was just plain lucky that we were playing Houston , a team that cant beat their grandmothers.

And, on the interception he got, he was so frickinout of position that he got lucky that the bnall was way overthrown and landed in his arms. One inch higher and it would have been out of reach of his stinking small body,.

FBN IS THAT ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GO ON???? :D

zzzzzzzzzzz. Hater.

Hobbs has been a starter for about a 16 game season. He's doing fairly well. He's an inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Samuel. Good thing we didn't dump Samuel after 16 games.

Hobbs has been a starter for about a 16 game season. He's doing fairly well. He's an inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Samuel. Good thing we didn't dump Samuel after 16 games.

I said this before...Samuel was drafted for ST and to be a nickel back...pretty good for the kid to have come this far. I remember when he bounced off tackles ... we cringed when we saw him on the field. He deserves a good payday for what he has achieved.

IMO, Hobbs does not have the instinct that Samuel has. It makies up for Asante's height. Hobbs doesnt have the instinct to be a starting corner, but he can react well, as the nickel, when he has the play developing in front of him.

If all he turns out to be is a decent nickle and above average kick returner he will have great value. Fun to watch Maroney on kickoffs but let's face it ... it is playing with fire when your return guy is your best RB.

We haven't really had a great return guy since Troy in his heyday...so let's hope that return is something to be expected once in a while as opposed to a fluke.

this is not something new to me, i always thought hobbs was weak. Replace him when gay gets healthy, have him return kicks only, and not risk maroney getting injured again doing returns.

Didnt you get what I just posted. FBN asked me to piss Hobbs off some more because he ran a kickoff back, and intercepted a pass...so I obliged, . DId I go too far? LD

Didnt yuo see what I was doing, I was doing what FBN asked me to do so that Hobbs would have another good game....?????? I understood, completely, what FBN asked for.

I was just joking, NEM. lol :)

You know that when I'm serious about 'taking you to task' that I'm MUCH longer winded about it than that, haha.

IMO, Hobbs does not have the instinct that Samuel has. It makies up for Asante's height. Hobbs doesnt have the instinct to be a starting corner, but he can react well, as the nickel, when he has the play developing in front of him.

Asante has not played consistently well until this season. He showed flashes in prior seasons, but was not a 'starting CB' until his third year anyway.

Hobbs was thrown into the fire earlier and also has been inconsistent. But his 'flashes' of great coverage, IMO, have been brighter than Asante's ever were until this, his fourth year.

I think that once Hobbs gets healthy again and can play on the ball more naturally without that cast and gets some more time in the system to develop that he could end up a top 15 corner in this league.

Just pointing out that it's unfair to compare Hobbs NOW to Asante NOW. It's more fair to compare Hobbs to this point to Asante at the same point in his career, IE at his 'season and a half mark'.

I really wish Hobbs wouldn't have gotten injured. I think our D would be even better with a fully healthy Hobbs. Hard to believe when we're already allowing so few points per game, but I fully believe it.

Hobbs will be fine. A lot of the plays Samuel is now making aren't instinct, but confidence and recognition of the offense and the routes that he can jump them. Give Hobbs time.

Hobbs will be fine. A lot of the plays Samuel is now making aren't instinct, but confidence and recognition of the offense and the routes that he can jump them. Give Hobbs time.
Hobbs was #1 CB before the injury, it is there to be seen on tape for all but a select self-proclaimed football genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back