PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs is at the Eagles mini camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow really.......... so what's new? LOL!

Oh boy, i guess his transition is like a "die trying" ordeal now.

Ellis gave everything he had to this team and I wish him success. At least until he plays the Pats.

Big deal, a fast WR beats a CB on a fade route which done correctly is thrown to the WR's outside shoulder or lofted over the WR's head, seems like it's a pretty hard route to defend without Safety help.

Big deal, a fast WR beats a CB on a fade route which done correctly is thrown to the WR's outside shoulder or lofted over the WR's head, seems like it's a pretty hard route to defend without Safety help.
Your missing the point. Since he's no longer a Patriot then your free to bash him.

Ellis gave everything he had to this team and I wish him success. At least until he plays the Pats.

Here, here. People on this board love to hate on him because the guy shows a little emotion and personality on the field. He got burnt no more or less than most average NFL CBs.

And the dude is a gamer, playing hurt. I used to cringe last year when it looked like he was banged up and might not return to the field, but he always did. But most people didn't realize what they had in Hobbs; warts and all, he was still the best CB on the roster last year.

As I recall last year that Belichick guy wanted his team to start showing some emotion and having some fun playing the game. I guess he thought overall they were playing too tight and letting football grind on them...as it does their fan base.

I also recall that Belichick guy saying in the wake of the Cry me a Rivers whining that some here ascribe to that Ellis Hobbs was good for this team.

I hope for their sake his replacements can get on the field, stay on the field, never take a misstep, make a mistake or get hung out to dry, can play through injuries and block out the noise and have their teamates and coaches backs... and I hope they don't get eaten alive by the kneejerk segment of the fan base when their coached to keep the ball in front of them and asked to play zone with an eight yard cushion that by nature often results in one bend but don't break completion after another...but I'm not naive enough to believe those aren't unrealistic expectations in NE.

As I recall last year that Belichick guy wanted his team to start showing some emotion and having some fun playing the game. I guess he thought overall they were playing too tight and letting football grind on them...as it does their fan base.

I also recall that Belichick guy saying in the wake of the Cry me a Rivers whining that some here ascribe to that Ellis Hobbs was good for this team.

I hope for their sake his replacements can get on the field, stay on the field, never take a misstep, make a mistake or get hung out to dry, can play through injuries and block out the noise and have their teamates and coaches backs... and I hope they don't get eaten alive by the kneejerk segment of the fan base when their coached to keep the ball in front of them and asked to play zone with an eight yard cushion that by nature often results in one bend but don't break completion after another...but I'm not naive enough to believe those aren't unrealistic expectations in NE.

Sadly, this is all too true.

Don't get me wrong, I always stuck up for the guy (check, it's da troof), just hit me as funny considering all that is said here about him.

I do think he's a dillhole in person, but he's a gamer and likely makes the Eagles better.

I was thinking though, his return skills might not play out as well with the change in the kicking game re: the wedge. I don't know that, but it's something I wonder about.

Maybe the new longest returns will be about 25-30 yards.

No kidding, I don't get why so many people are so excited to see guys that gutted it out for the Pats fail. When they leave as FA, I can sorta understand it I guess, even though I don't typically agree with it. When they're traded, I guess I just don't understand what they did that warrants our contempt. Get traded?

That is exactly how I feel. The guy played through a lot of the season with a torn groin, that is an amazing feat. He may not have been a fit for what we were asking of him but he always gave it his all.

I for one hope Ellis has a great year (the exception being when we are playing the Eagles) and gets nicely overpaid by someone once he becomes a free agent.

Wow, another "let's bash Hobbs thread" I know it must be a slow day on the forum considering Hobbs doesn't even play for the Patriots anymore...:rolleyes:

Wow, another "let's bash Hobbs thread" I know it must be a slow day on the forum considering Hobbs doesn't even play for the Patriots anymore...:rolleyes:

YEAH QUIT PICKING ON MY BUDDY!!!!!!!

calvin2.jpg

I remember the exact same stories being reported about Asante Samuel when he first went to the Eagles. Supposedly, he was being beat by awful WRs, and his zone corners skills weren't translating well in a man scheme, and blah, blah, blah. In the end, it worked out well enough. Hobbs will work out well enough for them too. He's still the same player; a decent, starting calibur NFL CB.

My thoughts exactly. Always worked his ass off and showed enthusiasm. Good luck,as long as you're not in our division.

My thoughts exactly. Always worked his ass off and showed enthusiasm. Good luck,as long as you're not in our division.

Heck, given what the Eagles have done this offseason, it wouldn't shock me to see the Patriots facing off against Mr. Hobbs and Mr. Samuel in the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes