PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs and Harris at CB next year? Wouldn't totally suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Harris does not believe he'll be back with the Packers next season.

He's played well since returning from his ruptured spleen (Marques Colston beat Charles Woodson, not Harris on his 70-yard TD in Week 12), but Harris thinks Green Bay is "going young." Harris is due $5M in 2009, which isn't too much if he finishes the season well. However, the Packers could try to trade him for a third- or fourth-round pick because of Tramon Williams' emergence.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

But he’s about to turn 34, and Harris thinks he’s too old for what the Packers want on defense. Although he hasn’t heard anything from General Manager Ted Thompson, Harris tells Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal that he thinks he’s going to be done after this year.

He will NOT be younger next summer....

Well, those that were hoping that the Pats would hopefully sign Chris Gamble during free agency can forget that plan now as he just re-signed with the Panthers. I guess, it is NA from the Raiders now as the Pats target (that's my hope anyway)

i just dont know where we are going to get all of this money. its going to be an interesting offseason. I guess the determination on Cassel with pave the way for the direction we are going to go

Well, those that were hoping that the Pats would hopefully sign Chris Gamble during free agency can forget that plan now as he just re-signed with the Panthers. I guess, it is NA from the Raiders now as the Pats target (that's my hope anyway)

Would you give up two 1st rounders for Nhamdi?

Draft a couple more cornerbacks next year and let them compete with

Wheatley and Wilhite to see who will play with Hobbs and at nickle back.

Sounds like THE plan. Hobbs, like it or not by some here, will be the starting RCB, if for no other reason than that BB likes the way he plays the position. On the now famous other side, finding a starter will only happen as a result of competition from the current roster, and any new faces brought on board. My best guess is Wheatley and a second round draft pick will compete for the much ballyhooed Law/Samuel spot. All others will add quality depth. Doubt Harris sparks any interest.

Belichick has drafted 16 DBs (CB and Safeties) from 8 of his 9 Patriot drafts. The abundance of Pats picks this draft, the quality of CBs available, the uncertainty at LCB, and the odds, all lean toward BB selecting a CB again.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey