PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs and Harris at CB next year? Wouldn't totally suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for the money he's going to ask for at 34 years old. I'd rather develop Wheatley, Wilhite, and (to a lesser degree... hey, he's not perfect) Hobbs.

EDIT: and if you need any proof that he's not our man, look at what taller, more physical receivers have done to him. For example: Plaxico Burress.

Last edited:
Nice, al harris is a pretty strong DB, the patriots could use him as a slot DB in nickel packages, his strength should be good against the run, or jam WR on redzone defense.

Not for the money he's going to ask for at 34 years old. I'd rather develop Wheatley, Wilhite, and (to a lesser degree... hey, he's not perfect) Hobbs.

EDIT: and if you need any proof that he's not our man, look at what taller, more physical receivers have done to him. For example: Plaxico Burress.

Think he could really command big money at all?

Yeah, I guess you're right. Just though it was a possible distraction topic. lol

According to the Packer fans I have talked to, they think he is overrated and gets burnt constantly. After the Saints game, I can see what they were talking about. I think I would rather have Ty Law at 41 than Harris at 34-35.

According to the Packer fans I have talked to, they think he is overrated and gets burnt constantly.

Doesn't that almost ensure we give him a look? hehe

Yeah, just look at the NFCCG from last year. Plaxico made him look ridiculous. The Packers might as well have had 10 guys on D.

Yeah, just look at the NFCCG from last year. Plaxico made him look ridiculous. The Packers might as well have had 10 guys on D.

Wasn't he matched up with Colston this past week as well?

Wheatley and Hobbs will be the starters next season in all likelihood. The question in my mind is whether or not they have next year's nickel cornerback on the team right now.

Wheatley and Hobbs will be the starters next season in all likelihood. The question in my mind is whether or not they have next year's nickel cornerback on the team right now.

I suspect we'll find that out either later this season or in training camp next season with Wilhite, should he still be on the team.

Draft a couple more cornerbacks next year and let them compete with

Wheatley and Wilhite to see who will play with Hobbs and at nickle back.

Draft a couple more cornerbacks next year and let them compete with

Wheatley and Wilhite to see who will play with Hobbs and at nickle back.

That will definitely happen. You can never have enough CB's in the NFL these days. Also, to me Hobbs gets too much criticism and he's been battling shoulder and knee injuries all season long but continues to suit up. He's a battler and someone I like having on my team, plus he's an excellent KR. Maybe he'd be better suited as a 3rd CB and spot starter but he definitely is a quality CB in this league. Wheatley and Wilhite will be much improved next year as well after one year in the program.

That will definitely happen. You can never have enough CB's in the NFL these days. Also, to me Hobbs gets too much criticism and he's been battling shoulder and knee injuries all season long but continues to suit up. He's a battler and someone I like having on my team, plus he's an excellent KR. Maybe he'd be better suited as a 3rd CB and spot starter but he definitely is a quality CB in this league. Wheatley and Wilhite will be much improved next year as well after one year in the program.

My suggestion to you:

Don't bet the house on Wilhite succeeding.

Al Harris Sucks!

My suggestion to you:

Wilhite is geting good game seasoning so he could be ahead of Wheatley who might be made of Glass come next year. My point is don't bet the house on Wilhite not succeeding either. I have seen CB's who have so so Rookie years take off for Greatness in their sophmore years. TY Law and Asante Samuels are perfect Patriot examples.

Last edited:
Is Wilhite finally over his flu symptoms:D

My suggestion to you:

Belichick, Pioli, Capers, and Pees all attended Pro Day at Auburn.

They liked Wilhite better than Patrick Lee who was drafted in the

2nd round by Dallas.

Belichick, Pioli, Capers, and Pees all attended Pro Day at Auburn.

They liked Wilhite better than Patrick Lee who was drafted in the

2nd round by Dallas.

They liked Duane Starks, Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson and many others, too. Nobody is perfect, after all, be it in the draft or free agency. Wilhite was a 4th round pick who was underwhelming in college and looks to me as if he's outclassed in the NFL. Now, maybe they think they can eventually coach him up, and they are just the staff to do it, but I'm not sold on the guy. If you want to bet the house on the guy, you go for it. I don't recommend it.

Also, Lee was drafted by Green Bay, not Dallas.

Last edited:
Over priced, over the hill, show off. Just what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back