PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

hmm more off season (non spygate) pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
aafter seeing part of the NBA skills compation i jsut had a great idea. using the Idea they should have a league wide bye week to make sure everyone on is fair(not likely i know) how about during that week a skills compation. like an obsticale course for the line man route running and catching for the recievers. distaence and accuarcy for the QB's. catching and cutting for the RB. and maybe some defnesive stuuf too. don't make ti to gimicky and I'd watch it what about you all. what events would you do.

Eating competition followed by beer guzzling .. old school stuff.

I know, that I for one, would not go for a league wide bye week

During the bye week, it's bad enough that I go through Patriots withdrawal, nevermind if I had to go without football for the entire weekend

to help make things fair and still maintain football games everyweek, have two set bye weeks, 1 week for the AFC and the next week for the NFC

aafter seeing part of the NBA skills compation i jsut had a great idea. using the Idea they should have a league wide bye week to make sure everyone on is fair(not likely i know) how about during that week a skills compation. like an obsticale course for the line man route running and catching for the recievers. distaence and accuarcy for the QB's. catching and cutting for the RB. and maybe some defnesive stuuf too. don't make ti to gimicky and I'd watch it what about you all. what events would you do.

I've always felt that this is what they should do instead of the Pro Bowl. Nobody really wants to play and risk injury, so turn it into a big skills competition. Some categories I would like to see:
-quarterback arm strength
-quarterback accuracy
-fastest NFL player
-fastest lineman
-strongest lineman
-kicking and punting competitions
-WR/RB obstacle courses that involve catching balls

You could also do things like 1-on-1's for WR/RB/TE vs. CB/LB/S and also for OL vs. DL in pass rushing (could also do that for RB/LB). I think this would play to the big egos of the NFL players and they would enjoy it. Honestly, who wouldn't want to see if Champ Bailey could single cover TO, or something similar. Would be a blast to watch IMO - much more entertaining than what they have now.

and with those 1 on 1's you could have it NFC vs AFC i am glad i am nto the only one that find the pro bowl boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down