Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hitler-Stalin-US Census

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 28, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Where in the name of Jesus Christ are the babbling whailing "freedom liberals" on this one, can you just imagine reading this when The Hated Bush was around....

These bastards can go into your home when your not there.
    News Today:
    Thousands of census workers, including many temporary employees, are fanning out across America to gather information on the citizenry. This is a process that takes place not only every decade in order to complete the constitutionally-mandated census; but also as part of the continuing “American Community Survey” conducted by the Census Bureau on a regular basis year in and year out.

What many Americans don’t realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for “the collection of statistics.” If the landlord of such apartment or other leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That’s right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you’re there or not, in order to gather whatever “statistics” the law permits.
    Census workers can enter your apartment in your absence | The Barr Code
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How else are you gonna find out where the white folk live?
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

First off, I think it's great that you made the increasingly popular Hitler and Stalin comparisons. So many folks on the right continue to show how unhinged they've become.

ah, the irony

and you again betray your repeated claims that you, too, hated Bush -- once you realized you had been duped

Thanks for so clearly showing your disdain for freedom yet again.

So, on to the main thrust of your thread.

First off, why are you calling census workers bastards? Why the disdain for people doing a job -- a job that is required by the U.S. Constitution, by the way.

Second, and most important -- but not at all surprising -- this is simply false. That's why the blogger just wrote it without supporting his claims with facts. And, even if it were true, it's simply not happening.

But, hey, who cares about facts when you can invoke the names of Stalin and Hitler in some sort of misguided criticism of libruls?
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Never said "i hated bush" I lost much respect for him for looking the other way while the invasion (illegal aliens) was taking place.

I would imagine that you too might be inclined to call them 'bastards' if you came home and found the bastards wandering around in your bedroom without your permission.

Hitler/Stalin came to mind because this is exactly like something they would do.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

You are 100% correct - it's false. Totally false. It amazes me that people take everything at face value - when it's something they want to believe.

You want the facts, Harry, go to the source. Try the US Census Bureau. They, too, have a web site.

Never mind, you'll never figure that out - and if you do, you'll be too stubborn to go there. I'll print it for you. It's my gift to you.

Identifying the Census Taker

All census takers carry official government badges marked with just their name
    You may also ask them for a picture ID from another source to confirm their identity
    Some census workers might carry a "U.S. Census Bureau" bag
    If you still are not certain about their identity, please call the Regional Census Center to confirm they're employed by the Census Bureau.

Most importantly, the Census Bureau will NEVER, under any circumstances, ask to enter your home.

More Security Topics - 2010 Census
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

There should be a forum FAQ.

Q: Can you reason with HarryBoy?
    A: Can you reason with a gerbil?
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

Ah, so you came home to find census workers wandering around your bedroom?

Now you're comparing the Founding Fathers to Hitler and Stalin?
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -22

My wife is a census worker and she said that she is not supposed to enter a dwelling.. even when the people are home.

Michelle Bachman created quite a controversy, even though that damned constitution demanded it..
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -22

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

You might want to read the reader's comment next time.. they kindof blow Mr. Barr out of the water..

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Lock your doors:

Census People Keep Out
    Beware Of Dog

:bricks:
  12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Yip!!!!! Goebbels!!!! Yip!!!!!

BTW, for those that can read - -everyone other than Harry -- the article he posted clearly indicates that this does not affect anyone living on their own property.
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

WOW Hitler AND Stalin both at the same time. :singing:
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Epic. (10 chars)
  15. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Harryboy, these guys are right. You really have to watch out for those bloggers because they can say anything they want and people think that just because they have a blog they have credibility like they're some kind of news agency. They're not.

So the next time you read something that appalls you, research and verify before posting here. Or have your credibility go to sh!t.
    I really hate seeing them do this to you but you asked for it.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

Amazingly enough, we had a census worker come into our office today, asking for the personal information of the tenants in one of our properties. I didn't deal with him directly, but he was trying to get any info he could. We respectfully told him that we don't give out personal information to anyone. So he asked for a listing of the people who lived there, and we gave him the name listing for the front doorbell. He asked for our info, cuz he said he'd have to come back to us, if he couldn't get in touch with the people there. I'll let you all know if he comes back or not. I'll make sure I deal with him should he return, and let you all know what he says.
  17. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Might be an interesting development that I hope doesn't happen.
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Scripture should really have guided the Founding Fathers on the census-taking subject. God punished King David (by killing 70,000 of his people), for taking a census.

Of course, according to one version of the story, God moved King David to take the census in the first place. In another version (yes, same census, same bible,) David is "tempted" to take the census.

In any event, the census-taking in question - as distinct from other biblical censuses - royally pissed off the Allmighty.

The reality, of course, is that pro- and anti-monarchic traditions have both made it into the same recorded bible. The theologians come up with all sorts of twists and turns about "why" God punished David for taking the census he ordered.

One explanation is that a census "should" be performed by an indirect method, such as - drumroll - a tax.

In any event: Were the founding fathers believing Christians, as I keep hearing, I have no idea why they'd permit so potentially calamitous an event as a census.

But they not only permitted it, they ensconced it in that most nefarious of documents, the Constitution of the United States. They also put in there our right to worship tree stumps if we so desire (in the bill of rights). This is most puzzling to me, but there it is.

So now the wing-nuts have yet another bit of the constitution they despise; what else is new?

PFnV
  19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Hey moron this would sound better....WOW, Hitler AND Stalin both in the same sentence, those libies are REAL BAD. :rocker:
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

No no I see where Harry's going with this...

asking people 10 questions, to fulfill a constitutional mandate, is the same thing as murdering millions.

Hey I also noticed... STOP SIGNS!!!! STOP SIGNS ARE AUSCHWITZ!!!!

Also.. McDonalds!!! ARBEIT MACHT FRIES!!!

Love the Lewis Black clip, Shmess.